Not open for further replies.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    haha... thats funny because vette was talking about 400 with a .22 that was the original distance the OP had us shooting in the "planning" phase... i dont think anything .22 will be longer than 200, and the centerfire will be more like 6-700 yards....

which means i am going to have to remount my scope on my .308

if it will help you out i will take one for the team and you can mount your uso on one of my rifles. thats just the kind of friend i am always looking out for your best interests:D

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    multiple (how many?) targets at 6-700 yards in 2 minutes. Cant decide on a bolt .308 or the 24" .223 AR. Long ways for the .223, but I think the semi auto factor might be worth it.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    haha... thats funny because vette was talking about 400 with a .22 that was the original distance the OP had us shooting in the "planning" phase... i dont think anything .22 will be longer than 200, and the centerfire will be more like 6-700 yards....

which means i am going to have to remount my scope on my .308

My 17 is zero'd at 50 right now. I'm awaiting my new scope to get here, then I'd like to have it at least zero'd at 100 before the shoot if I can find a place to do it. Yes, the 400 was in the "planning phase" and is a little too far for the .22's. I'll have all the exact distances posted/updated no later than Friday! And yes, for the long range, the distance will be multiple targets at 600 & 700 yards.

Edit: it may be longer than 2 min also... (Example: 2 minutes) all the final numbers are being discussed and will be posted soon :D

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    multiple (how many?) targets at 6-700 yards in 2 minutes. Cant decide on a bolt .308 or the 24" .223 AR. Long ways for the .223, but I think the semi auto factor might be worth it.

id go bolt 308 without hesitation. the wind can get pretty rough here since its mostly flat farm ground of i good ways. indygunworks and i were dealing with (just a guess) 30-35 mph crosswinds working on our muzzleloaders one day and we were shooting s/e to n/e just like the 600-700 yd shooters will be shooting

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    As a known zero would be a distinct advantage, I suggest a preparation period in which sighters would be allowed.

Once your gear has been positioned on the line, a set amount of time is given for each shooter to make whatever adjustments are necessary and to fire as many sighters as possible at a target other than the balloons. 2 of the rimfire distances and 1 at 600.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    very good point... it shouldnt take more than a half hour for everyone to get a chance to zero their rifles...

i also have about 15 wind flags i can bring, and a can of orange ribbon that we can put wind flags anywhere you want.... i believe thats what vettes already using for wind flags.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I have some 10" and 12' diameter plates that are either ar400 or ar500. I think they would stand up to a 308 at 600 or 700.
    The 10" could be used for the rimfire with a stick on aiming point.
    I only have 5 stands though.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    As a known zero would be a distinct advantage, I suggest a preparation period in which sighters would be allowed.

Once your gear has been positioned on the line, a set amount of time is given for each shooter to make whatever adjustments are necessary and to fire as many sighters as possible at a target other than the balloons. 2 of the rimfire distances and 1 at 600.

Good idea, I will consider this as I need to zero my 17 as well!

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I'm SO coming to this, but i think as a spectator, as i've never shot anything resembling this distance, and i've got a basically stock tactical 10/22 set up for steel.

Question: Any issue with people coming to spectate? I might bring a horde to come and watch! And i'll get 'em all eyes and ears.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Sounds like an awesome event. I wish I could make it but, it's about 4 hours away and I have to work midnights. I hope it goes well enough to have many more in the future that I might be able to make!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    very good point... it shouldnt take more than a half hour for everyone to get a chance to zero their rifles...

i also have about 15 wind flags i can bring, and a can of orange ribbon that we can put wind flags anywhere you want.... i believe thats what vettes already using for wind flags.

when i said there will be more wind flags what i ment was im going to try and get indygunworkses flags this weekend and put them out:D

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    i have a couple of 10" steel plates on stands that would work well for rimfire or long range hi power. in franklin if some one wants to take them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom