• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Alright i'm just gonna come out and say it. Yeah we have a two party system, i dont care about the past, but this is how it is. The democrats are winning(at the presidential level). Why? they all do whatever the top says, and they rally around their own no matter what. The republicans are idiots by throwing their own under the bus. If you are INDEPENDENT or LIBERTARIAN whatever, thats just stupid. Not because of what you believe, again i say not because of what you believe, but because of the fact you wont vote republican because they arent conservative enough, or any other excuse. I get it, i dont like the core republican party, but we lost the election by a few million votes total, and honestly, if you would have voted AGAINST obama(you=nationwide libertarians or independents) there would be no where near the problems we have now(or the issues in the past). Republican turnout was lower for romney than in 2008. The truth is that the right has morals, awesome, but you have to get over yourself to keep the SERIOUS threats to this country out of office.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Im in it for the long haul...deal with the disintegration of the republican party now, and (hopefully) see some necessary changes and "youth"inizations within the party and hope that the party of common sense can have gain and hold power for the majority of my adult life....

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    Sorry Zippy, can't agree. The Republican Party not only doesn't represent me but apparently are under the impression that poking me repeatedly in the eye will cause me to vote for them. I took a surprising amount of pleasure proving them wrong.

I also think that assuming that Mitt "Waffles" Romney would have made much of a difference strikes me as borderline delusional.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A 2 party system? Are the "3rd" parties combining to make up .75 of a party? Democrats and Republicans have been growing closer and closer to the same party on a daily basis for yours. The party wanted a Republican in the White House so they ran someone very similar to Obama and the diehard R letter voters ate that :poop: up. You won't be able to convince me that Democrats and Republicans are all that different. You'll also not be able to convince me that the Republican thought they had the "best" opponent for Obama when their "best" had 8 differing stances on every single question asked of him (with at least a half praising Obama's stance).

If you think the right has morals, take a look at all the drug addicted, child molesting, and hooker loving members of the "moral right". If you can look at the politicians busted in some sort of immoral scandal and tell me that you think the party as a whole has morals, put the pipe down, brah.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yeah, honestly I grew weary of this same tired point showing up in every other political thread of 2012.

The first dozen times or so it was even somewhat fun to refute.

They can change or they can fade away like other bygone political parties have. meh.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Il admit, ive seen the fear....fear is what governs it all...libs are terrified of a christian right wing, anti pot, anti women, anti minority agenda...and ive got to say its not appealing to me either....on the other side, im afraid of an overbearing overeaching libeal commie govt...the republican party has been headed in both of those directions

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    So you are advocating that it's better to vote for the more likely to win candidate than the best candidate. That's what got us into this mess to begin with. I get the whole fire with fire argument but the reality is that America is centrally biased and the least offensive candidate will get the votes. If dingbat Romney didn't open his stupid trap he'd have likely won, think on this. He lost by a relatively small margins, if he hadn't opened his mouth about entitlements and made those meally mouthed comments how many would have voted for him? If he hadn't sided against the NRA and been so pro gun control how many would have voted for him? Long story short, Romney lost his own election, there's no call to blame people for voting for a third party candidate that better supports their ideals.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Republican Party turned their backs on ME. They slapped me in the face, stabbed me in the back, insulted me, and turned their backs. You can't seriously expect me to just forget about all the things they've done and just keep on voting for them.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Alright i'm just gonna come out and say it. Yeah we have a two party system, i dont care about the past, but this is how it is. The democrats are winning(at the presidential level). Why? they all do whatever the top says, and they rally around their own no matter what. The republicans are idiots by throwing their own under the bus. If you are INDEPENDENT or LIBERTARIAN whatever, thats just stupid. Not because of what you believe, again i say not because of what you believe, but because of the fact you wont vote republican because they arent conservative enough, or any other excuse. I get it, i dont like the core republican party, but we lost the election by a few million votes total, and honestly, if you would have voted AGAINST obama(you=nationwide libertarians or independents) there would be no where near the problems we have now(or the issues in the past). Republican turnout was lower for romney than in 2008. The truth is that the right has morals, awesome, but you have to get over yourself to keep the SERIOUS threats to this country out of office.

Zippy, you have a valid but somewhat misguided point, in my opinion. Yes, I believe Romney could have probably won if everyone pooled their support behind him, but many just could not support a candidate that they felt wasn't going to support their beliefs. I think this last election was a good indication that many have lost faith in the GOP and I am one as well. They are no longer conservative and they are now trying to sell themselves as moderates to obtain more liberal support. I think many view this move as a betrayal to their beliefs and a danger to our rights and to our Constitution. We should not allow ourselves to settle for the lesser of two evils. We should find and support the best candidate that supports our beliefs, values, and will protect our rights. We deserve this as well as our children and their children. At some point the madness must stop. We need to work on rebuilding our nation and reversing the damage that has been done.

Just my :twocents:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Zippy... wake the hell up! There isn't a ****ing vote on this planet that is going to stop this empire from crumbling.

Republican, Democrat, Libertarian.... neither one of them has the capability to secure your retirement or savings account. The future of this country is in the hands of people and with any luck, like minded people like you and me and INGO and other liberty seekers will take the lead and restore freedom and prosperity to a country that YOUR 2 PARTY SYSTEM failed.

All of this false hope, pandering and flat out denial that we are ONE ADMINISTRATION AWAY from prosperity is just bull-****. We can prolong this thing and slowly continue to wilt away.... or we can shed the shell and start a new.

A change in ownership isn't the solution... a change in mentality is! Until you stop pointing the finger and blaming the Liberals for all of your problems and start blaming yourself, we will continue to slowly spiral the drain. Your mentality is the problem ;)

So Zippy... as frustrated as you are in me for not voting for your overlords... I'm every bit as frustrated in you for not coming out of your coma. WAKE UP!

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Some of the above comments have good points. Others do not. And attacking what our brothers are saying in their effort to sort out all the lies and treason that is coming from the govt is not helping.
    Our country has fallen into an immoral pit. This pit is so deep now that the country cannot climb out. The libs are rapidly giving away all the available finances to those that have their hand out and refuse to work. The number of those supporting the country are dwindling. The politicians are giving money away to our enemies by the skid load every day. People are more worried about who is going to win American Idol or which Holluwood star is sleeping with who than in the future is our country.
    And don't say that I'm just being negative. I am not. I am being realistic. The country is lost. It just has taken its last breath quite yet but it's coming rapidly.
    The death of this immoral environment is the only hope that we have. We just need to be as best prepared as possible to ride out the fall and the begin the building of a new future.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The Republican convention told me that not only did the Republicans not need my vote, they didn't want it, either. I took them at their word.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Republican Party turned their backs on ME. They slapped me in the face, stabbed me in the back, insulted me, and turned their backs. You can't seriously expect me to just forget about all the things they've done and just keep on voting for them.

I take pride in the fact that I didn't vote FOR McCain, but rather for the Hot Chick.

Okay....I know....I'm a misogynist. :D

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    1929451723_obama_bush_morph_portrait_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Top Bottom