• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My original point was to say, libertarians will never win a presidency(at least not any time soon), we have a 2 party system, and it really sucks i know, so my point is how can you vote for a libertarian, which is effectively a vote for a democrat?

There are a couple of reasons why voting "libertarian" rather than "republican" can be very important.

1st... IF a Libertarian receives enough votes (I think its either 2% or 3%)... then in the next election the Libertarian party gets access to "big party" funding in the next election.

2nd... Look whats happened in the Republican Party as a result of them losing!!! Had they won, they would have no reason to change... but now that they've lost (and Libertarian vote added to that loss)... the Republican Party is beginning to split. RINO's are starting to lose their footing on the party and Tea Party Conservatives are beginning to garner some of the limelight.

Had Romney won... Rand Paul wouldn't be receiving the attention he is getting now.

-------

Maybe instead of blaming the Libertarians for Obama's re-election, maybe you should thank them for sparking a bit of change in your beloved party?

I would also disagree with your statement that "Liberals" are our enemies... Statists are the enemy of Liberty and their are plenty of them in both parties.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    1st... IF a Libertarian receives enough votes (I think its either 2% or 3%)... then in the next election the Libertarian party gets access to "big party" funding in the next election.

Or in other words the Libertarian Party anxiously looks forward to the day they can be government subsidized like the parties they view with disdain.

:laugh:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    1st... The Libertarian Party didn't make the rules of the game.... besides the funds I believe they also get other privileges, like sharing the stage during certain debates. (but don't quote me on that)

2nd... Libertarians pay taxes just like everyone else. If the Republicrat Partys get funding then why shouldn't the Libertarians?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If you didn't vote for Romney, you voted FOR Obama.

If you voted FOR Obama, you are in FAVOR of giving up your 2nd Amendment rights, handing over your guns to the government, and forcing everyone else here to do the same.

You can spin it however you like, just like Feinstein and Biden do. But that's the statistics of it, and that's the result of it.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

If you voted FOR Obama, you are in FAVOR of giving up your 2nd Amendment rights, handing over your guns to the government, and forcing everyone else here to do the same.

You can spin it however you like, just like Feinstein and Biden do. But that's the statistics of it, and that's the result of it.

And if you didn't vote at all... who is that a vote for?

Look at the statistics... the reason Romney isn't president is because Republicans couldn't even motivate their own voting base. When less Republicans come out to vote against Obama in 2012 then they did in 2008... AFTER watching him **** up the country for 4 years then the Republican party did a really ****ty job don't you think?

You can blame whoever you want for the failure of this country, but eventually you will have to look in the mirror and realize that pointing the finger is a sucky strategy for change.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    The ugly truth is that We The People have exactly and only what We The People have freely (and repetitiously) chosen. There is no party, process, or other abstraction to blame. No party or process or golden calf will fix what's wrong in our heads and voting arms.
    I wish We would quit trying to invoke magic to fix what we're still choosing over and over and over again.
    I've been hoping people would wake up and take to the streets (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Freedom-Farm/400393880051576). My hopes are wearing out.
    I've talked to an awful lot of politicians, and I've talked to more voters than most have ever seen. I know darned well that we've somehow been blessed with better politics than we deserve.
    I can't help thinking that even God's patience and forbearance must end soon.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    There are a couple of reasons why voting "libertarian" rather than "republican" can be very important.

2nd... Look whats happened in the Republican Party as a result of them losing!!! Had they won, they would have no reason to change... but now that they've lost (and Libertarian vote added to that loss)... the Republican Party is beginning to split. RINO's are starting to lose their footing on the party and Tea Party Conservatives are beginning to garner some of the limelight.

Had Romney won... Rand Paul wouldn't be receiving the attention he is getting now.

-------

Maybe instead of blaming the Libertarians for Obama's re-election, maybe you should thank them for sparking a bit of change in your beloved party?

I would also disagree with your statement that "Liberals" are our enemies... Statists are the enemy of Liberty and their are plenty of them in both parties.

"beloved party"? If you read my post you would obviously know i dont like the republican party either. The truth, again, is we have a two party system. Oh and the reason republicans have been losing? THEY ARE PUTTING UP CANDIDATES THAT ARE LIBERALS. they do this to try and get the independent crowd and the ones on the fence. Again, my point is either a D or an R will win on a national stage, there is too much money, no third party will ever get there as of right now. The republican party is getting more conservatives, but this isnt because they are losing, this is because people are starting to vote in more conservative republicans. Again, did i put the blame on libertarians? Not the whole blame, but yes, part of it, remember a guy named Ross Perot? Holy crap, how did that work out? third parties wont win with the corruption of the right and left in this country. better to delay the inevitable as long as possible and hope someone from our party does it right, rather than hope and make a point by voting for a guy that will lose. Again, Ron Paul even realized this and ran as a REPUBLICAN remember? Even the good doctor realizes this, why cant libertarians?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville

EXACTLY!!! why is this so hard for people to get? maybe they dont wanna admit they had a part in allowing this man to screw us all. Romney aint no conservative, but he would never take guns away, would have defunded obamacare, and really thats all anyone needs to know. kudos

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    1st... The Libertarian Party didn't make the rules of the game.... besides the funds I believe they also get other privileges, like sharing the stage during certain debates. (but don't quote me on that)

2nd... Libertarians pay taxes just like everyone else. If the Republicrat Partys get funding then why shouldn't the Libertarians?

Yup you are correct, but again my original point sticks, our system(two party system) is horrible, its garbage, BUT, that is the way it is, and not voting for romney is a vote for obama. its that easy. The republican party is just as corrupt, but at least we would be keeping out guns and defunding obamacare.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    EXACTLY!!! why is this so hard for people to get? maybe they dont wanna admit they had a part in allowing this man to screw us all. Romney aint no conservative, but he would never take guns away, would have defunded obamacare, and really thats all anyone needs to know. kudos
    Romney would try to take guns away, he was for an AWB. Yes he would have gotten rid of Obama care, maybe, and replaced it with something just as bad.

A vote for a 3rd party does not put a vote in Obamas column no matter how much you want it to be true.

Republicans did not even vote for Romney this time, they kept their asses at home the same as Obamas supporters did.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The republican party does not completely represent me either. Lets look at some key differences. Republicans want to repeal obamacare, they voted over 30 times to do it. You should be proud of that. The republicans WILL NOT take away your GUNS. you should also be proud of that. does that not represent you?? Sure the party sucks in other areas, but the point is that either a Democrat or a Republican will win the presidency. if you cant admit that, then holy crap, i dont like it either, i think it sucks too, why bash me for admitting the TRUTH?? Of course we should vote for OUR candidate that will most likely win. You have 2 choices in reality. Which is MORE like you, ROMNEY OR OBAMA? We all know the answer. Romney lost be a small margin, and yes of course he lost it for himself no one is saying different, i'm saying that voting 3rd party gets you absolutely NO WHERE in america at this present time. i didnt like romney either, but sure as HECK voted for him because he has an infinitely better chance against obama than ANY 3rd party candidate, and getting rid of obama should have been the number one concern for all non-democrat voters.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Romney would try to take guns away, he was for an AWB. Yes he would have gotten rid of Obama care, maybe, and replaced it with something just as bad.

A vote for a 3rd party does not put a vote in Obamas column no matter how much you want it to be true.

Republicans did not even vote for Romney this time, they kept their asses at home the same as Obamas supporters did.

Romney as president would have signed ANY republican bill passed in congress. This is the WHOLE POINT. the house would never pass a bill banning guns, the house has passed repealing obamacare, romney would have been a rubber stamp for the republican party. I agree that a lot of the republican base didnt turn out for romney. Its a game. do you want Obama or Romney? That is your only choice, and to go stand in line to vote for a 3rd party that will NEVER WIN(at this present time) is purely a psychological statement that has no outcome other than failure, both for your party and for the republican party. "no matter how much you want it to be true", no offense, but voting 3rd party has NO VALUE no matter how much you WISH it were true. i actually wish the 3rd party would WIN, but reality shows it wont happen. so wish all you want, i look at it how it is.

Top Bottom