• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think the point he is trying to make is that if Gary Johnson wasn't in the election, then he results would have been different. They wouldn't be trying to violate our second amendment rights currently. Ross Perot gave us Clinton who gave us a 10 year assault weapons ban. I wasnt a Romney fan in th least, but I knew that Obama is killing this country, so I voted for the lesser on 2 evils. I too wish the Republican party would give us a good candidate. I blame them for outting McCain up. I'm over the philosophy of "its their turn" we need a fresh face!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    No, what we need is a disassociation of politics/parties with the election process.

Right now election laws favor a two-party system. That's easily changed by severing the power of the election boards to pick the winners (major party status, etc). All parties are created equal and must be 100% self-funded. All primaries are open to all parties with minimal requirement to file. All candidates on a single ballot (no Dem ballot, no Repub ballot). Candidates must receive 5% of the vote to be eligible for the general election.

And/or, eliminate the primaries and have the parties slate and run their candidates internally until a single winner emerges. Then have the party run that candidate and that candidate alone in the general.

And/or, eliminate primaries, and have one general election with a run-off until one candidate gets 50% of the vote. (This utilizes the ranked voting concept being discussed in the other thread too.)

We don't need more parties. We have plenty of parties in this country. We need better access for the smaller parties and a more even playing field.

This would work...Great stuff! It is never going to happen,(until maybe after a catastrophic breakdown of our current system) because the oligarchy in power would be disbanded.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think the point he is trying to make is that if Gary Johnson wasn't in the election, then he results would have been different. They wouldn't be trying to violate our second amendment rights currently. Ross Perot gave us Clinton who gave us a 10 year assault weapons ban. I wasnt a Romney fan in th least, but I knew that Obama is killing this country, so I voted for the lesser on 2 evils. I too wish the Republican party would give us a good candidate. I blame them for outting McCain up. I'm over the philosophy of "its their turn" we need a fresh face!

evilw.jpg

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    A 2 party system? Are the "3rd" parties combining to make up .75 of a party? Democrats and Republicans have been growing closer and closer to the same party on a daily basis for yours. The party wanted a Republican in the White House so they ran someone very similar to Obama and the diehard R letter voters ate that :poop: up. You won't be able to convince me that Democrats and Republicans are all that different. You'll also not be able to convince me that the Republican thought they had the "best" opponent for Obama when their "best" had 8 differing stances on every single question asked of him (with at least a half praising Obama's stance).

If you think the right has morals, take a look at all the drug addicted, child molesting, and hooker loving members of the "moral right". If you can look at the politicians busted in some sort of immoral scandal and tell me that you think the party as a whole has morals, put the pipe down, brah.

Ixnay on the ookerhay!

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Face it, until a 100 million democrats are DEAD, nothing changes. The democrats no longer believe in freedom but want a messiah, a god-king.

While establishment republicans get sucked into the progressive thought, due to the brainwashing of our universities and the news media, the grassroots is very much conservative to libertarian. So do not look at republican leaders then assume that those in the ranks are as screwed up.

But if you look at the ranks of those voting democrat, they are worst than those who lead them. If this were a war then the solution would be easy. However we are more "civilized" thus the losers who vote democrat will win. They will vote for a messiah and win.

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    if we don't take back the party of the right then all will be lost. I will not quit till the commies are gone and all you crybabies that dont help will be in the same boat as the rest of us. under the tyrant's boot. stand up and kick these jelly spine rinos out. we are not the party against anyone we are for the United States.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if we don't take back the party of the right then all will be lost. I will not quit till the commies are gone and all you crybabies that dont help will be in the same boat as the rest of us. under the tyrant's boot. stand up and kick these jelly spine rinos out. we are not the party against anyone we are for the United States.

Look, every time we find an office holder who says one thing but then is doing something screwy, republican voters push them out of office. What is harder to get rid of is establishment republicans at the local level. These establishment types would run in either party and have no core values.

But the long term problems we have now is due to half of the country's voters being very corrupt individuals. Look around you, most of your neighbors have given into evil thus vote for democrats who support evil. Thus they no longer want freedom but a god-king.

We are seeing in Obama the beginnings of a fascist Roman Empire.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats what I'm talking about, good job Trooper!

BTW, I was not trying to suggest that we rise up and do war against those who vote democrat, only suggesting how big the problem is. It is not the leaders but our neighbors, our family members, who have given up on freedom and turned to worshipping this messiah. We now have people referring to Obama as Lord and Savior!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Let's revise the voting system....One vote for average citizen,two votes per citizens that are gainfully employed and not using social services,three votes for individuals who are employed,not draining the system and are actually landowners.(Not mortgaged up)Those with the most to lose should have a bigger vote!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Alright i'm just gonna come out and say it. Yeah we have a two party system, i dont care about the past, but this is how it is. The democrats are winning(at the presidential level). Why? they all do whatever the top says, and they rally around their own no matter what. The republicans are idiots by throwing their own under the bus. If you are INDEPENDENT or LIBERTARIAN whatever, thats just stupid. Not because of what you believe, again i say not because of what you believe, but because of the fact you wont vote republican because they arent conservative enough, or any other excuse. I get it, i dont like the core republican party, but we lost the election by a few million votes total, and honestly, if you would have voted AGAINST obama(you=nationwide libertarians or independents) there would be no where near the problems we have now(or the issues in the past). Republican turnout was lower for romney than in 2008. The truth is that the right has morals, awesome, but you have to get over yourself to keep the SERIOUS threats to this country out of office.

Sorry, all I heard was "bla bla bla, you must compromise your values so that I can super-impose my own values - which do not include morals - on the rest of the nation."

No thanks.

And actually, a guy named Maurice Duverger beat you to it:

Duverger's Law

We're not going to win elections by caving on principle. Principle is the sole distinction we've got left, and I will not give up or relinquish that to anyone, for any reason.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This would work...Great stuff! It is never going to happen,(until maybe after a catastrophic breakdown of our current system) because the oligarchy in power would be disbanded.
    I know. :(
    Let's revise the voting system....One vote for average citizen,two votes per citizens that are gainfully employed and not using social services,three votes for individuals who are employed,not draining the system and are actually landowners.(Not mortgaged up)Those with the most to lose should have a bigger vote!

Nothing wrong with a mortgage. Why is INGO so ridiculously opposed to them?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry, all I heard was "bla bla bla, you must compromise your values so that I can super-impose my own values - which do not include morals - on the rest of the nation."

No thanks.

And actually, a guy named Maurice Duverger beat you to it:

Duverger's Law

We're not going to win elections by caving on principle. Principle is the sole distinction we've got left, and I will not give up or relinquish that to anyone, for any reason.

Your principles no longer matter. Over half of the country wants a god-king, not what you believe in. Thus there are so few of you that you are seen as a nutcase who has to be put into mental health treatment.

Your principles mean NOTHING against an American public that wants a fascist Rome Empire led by a god-king.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

You might have something if people actually owned land anymore.

Do you know anyone who is actually a landowner? I'd be willing to bet there isn't a single landowner out of INGO's 30k members.

Real Estate. That's what 99.9% of the people own nowadays. You are renting from the State. Don't pay your property taxes, you'll find out pretty quickly if you are a landowner or not.

I do think anyone receiving a check from the government shouldn't be allowed to vote while receiving that check. Doesn't matter if it's a welfare recipient, teacher, cop, firefighter (my first real profession), social security... no vote for you till you're back in the private sector and surviving on your own accord.

As to voting based on land ownership... It is crazy that 1,000 people living in a highrise on 5 acres of land get 1,000 votes compared to the one person living on 5 acres getting one vote.

Concentrated voting blocks are something I don't believe the founders ever intended. Throughout history, they have always led to the downfall of every nation they have occurred in.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am not anti-mortgage,I was simply pointing out that most people do not really own anything,.If you cannot sell everything you have and pay off all you owe,you are broke. Prom,I agree with you and I believe that property taxes probably would have sent our Founding Fathers to war....

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Your principles no longer matter. Over half of the country wants a god-king, not what you believe in. Thus there are so few of you that you are seen as a nutcase who has to be put into mental health treatment.

Your principles mean NOTHING against an American public that wants a fascist Rome Empire led by a god-king.

So be it.

Molon labe!

Let them come and take them if they would have them.

Top Bottom