• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I'm glad you said this! Because what you have done here is put the blame of your distant cousin's choice on her "Social Conservative religious-life-based parents." Whereas its never the Liberal Fascist non-religious-life-based parents fault for affecting their child's decisions.

I think that CathyInBlue was pointing out that the issue is real and ingrained into a person's being, for whatever reason, biological or psychological. It's not an "immoral choice" in all cases. Not everything in life can be neatly placed into "conservative" or "liberal" boxes, but the one thing that is constant is that the rejection of a child by a parent or parents has a devastating impact on that child's life.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The point being... IS. THE CHILD. HAPPY?

My cousin was not happy in the most profound way. Is Coy happy? Apparently. You ever known a happy child that was enduring overwhelming parental pressure to do something contrary to their nature or be something they are not? If the kid is happy, what business is it of yours how the parents are raising her?

Any INGOers with K-1 aged children at home. Try to convince them they are the opposite gender. Just try. Tell your little girls they're really boys. Tell your little boys they're really girls. Report back how many were actually willing to entertain the idea for even a minute. We're talking about a fundamental aspect of our identities, not what our favourite color is.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Friend of mine has a daughter, she is 19 now. She identifies as a man, has for some time now. 4-5 years back, she was arrested for going into the women's bathroom at the county fair. About a year ago, I saw her in a bar making out with an older woman, (late 30's so older then her) who thought that she was scoring with a younger dude. You could say that she looks like a guy.

She never made an issue out of using the other restroom. Matter of fact, she was arrested for doing just the opposite. No charges or lawsuits were filed. I have had many conversations with her and she is well adjusted, happy, and deals with life on lifes terms. And she was not allowed to use the "other" sex bathroom, just the opposite as a matter of fact. Her parents loved and accepted her the same as all of their other children.

A year past new years eve, my buddy (her father) blew his brains out with a 12 gauge. Not sure if there was an exact reason why he did this. He had lost a 3 year old son a few years before that. Teenage single daughter with a kid (not the transgendered one). Some other issues, but he never complained. One day, got the phone call. He's gone.

A point to all of this? Happy or well adjusted does not come down to being able to use the "other" bathroom. If a person is comfortable with themselves, well so be it. If not, the only way to fix this is from within. Making an issue out of this for the world to pry into (much like we are now) does more harm then it does good. That falls on the kids parents, not the schools.

Top Bottom