• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Some of you really need to read the articles. This is a boy with a penis who has been allowed to live as a girl. If you can't see the issues with that, not only for him but also his female classmates, then you very well may be as messed up as his parents.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Some of you really need to read the articles. This is a boy with a penis who has been allowed to live as a girl. If you can't see the issues with that, not only for him but also his female classmates, then you very well may be as messed up as his parents.

Who are you to tell a child how to live?

Please, tell me what's wrong with this, really. If it was making other children uncomfortable, then yes I would understand this child not being able to use the girls restroom. The article doesn't mention that (not that I see anyways).

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Well if the girl has a penis and a vagina with no testicles then would she be a boy or a girl? Generally speaking a transgendered girl has a small penis/large clitoris with no external testicles and a vagina. So would this child be considered a boy or a girl? If they are raised as a girl but just because they have malformed penis/clitoris why should they be forced to use the boys restroom?

Gunner

This^^. Not everyone is out to make a crass political point. There are kids that suffer with malformations.

..in addition to bad parenting.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Who are you to tell a child how to live?

Please, tell me what's wrong with this, really. If it was making other children uncomfortable, then yes I would understand this child not being able to use the girls restroom. The article doesn't mention that (not that I see anyways).

Let's see...hmmm....well for starters I'm an of age adult. I can choose to become a woman right now if I want. A six year old child can not.

I'm sad you can't see the difference, issues, problems and so on.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    This is the most ridiculous thing i have heard recently these people are unfit parents. i think the other students parents should sue for sexual harrasment. if i dress lime a girl and go into a girls bathroom to pee sitting down i would be arrested and charged with lewd conduct. And they say assault weapons are a danger to our kids. the real danger is bad parenting.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Let's see...hmmm....well for starters I'm an of age adult. I can choose to become a woman right now if I want. A six year old child can not.

I'm sad you can't see the difference, issues, problems and so on.

Why?

The child is biologically Male. This is a fact. This child "feels like" a female, and the parents are allowing this. It's their decision to allow this, and I wouldn't say it's a wrong one.

I don't think the schools response was unreasonable, because obviously you have to take the other children in consideration. If other children are uncomfortable, then this child should use another bathroom.

But why should a child not be allowed to explore it's gender? Perhaps this child will decide later that it's male after all. Perhaps it won't, and will have surgery and hormonal therapy once it reaches adulthood.

Would you say this is harmful for the child? If so, how?

TravisJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Muncie/Ft. Wayne, IN
    I think those parents are screwed up. Lots of little boys do feminine things, what a normal parent who wants what is best for their child would do is show them how they are supposed to do things as a male. If a child continues to be feminine after a couple years of showing them the male way, then yea they may be transgender. These parents seem to have seen their son show a hint of femininity and jumped on it like rabid dogs, pushing him into being a her. Then pitching a fit because they want to force everyone to comply with their beliefs. If all they care about is what is best for their child and they are really just supporting a 6 or 7 year olds beliefs, they wouldn't be sueing and making a national issue out of it thereby painting a bullying target on his/her back. I think by the way the family looks and the article that these parents are just looking for publicity and want to force everyone else to comply with and approve of their choice for their child. Although it is their right to raise their child how they wish, it is my right to be disgusted with it and not have my daughter share the bathroom with a boy. Just my .02.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why?

The child is biologically Male. This is a fact. This child "feels like" a female, and the parents are allowing this. It's their decision to allow this, and I wouldn't say it's a wrong one.

I don't think the schools response was unreasonable, because obviously you have to take the other children in consideration. If other children are uncomfortable, then this child should use another bathroom.

But why should a child not be allowed to explore it's gender? Perhaps this child will decide later that it's male after all. Perhaps it won't, and will have surgery and hormonal therapy once it reaches adulthood.

Would you say this is harmful for the child? If so, how?

Obviously you're not breeding or you would understand that little people are not mentally capable of making life altering decisions like this.
    And his caregivers(not really parents) seem to be catering to the whim of a six year old. That doesn't make them very responsible adults.

Say your kid barked and crawled on all fours while eating out of the dog dish. Should you also put a collar on him and chain him out back?(well, maybe for a day) It's a game I have seen a few times and I do admit eating my share of dog food myself.

But for a Responsible Parent to encourage and continue to treat their kid like a dog by making him sleep on the floor and feeding him out of the dog's bowl and taking him for walks with a leash while scooping up his poopie?

Catering to a baby like this IS extremely harmful and should be discouraged with extreme prejudice.

If it looks like a Duck, swims like a Duck, and quacks like a Duck, then it probably is a Duck - unless it's really a Goose with bad parents. :n00b:

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Six years old is too young to be allowed to do whatever you want, including something as life altering as adopting an identity which is the opposite of your physical gender. I do believe that there can be a disorder of the brain that causes gender identity issues, but the time to deal with that is later in life, not during the formative years.

I don't believe that homosexuality and transgender issues are "lifestyle choices," as some here do. Homosexuality has been observed in several animal species, and certainly no argument can be made for choice in those cases. But I do believe that, given the fact that these types of things are against the natural biological order of things, they are indeed disorders and not normal.

This doesn't mean that a homosexual or transgender should be discriminated against and ostracized from society any more than any other mental, hormonal or biological disorder.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Six years old is too young to be allowed to do whatever you want, including something as life altering as adopting an identity which is the opposite of your physical gender. I do believe that there can be a disorder of the brain that causes gender identity issues, but the time to deal with that is later in life, not during the formative years.

I don't believe that homosexuality and transgender issues are "lifestyle choices," as some here do. Homosexuality has been observed in several animal species, and certainly no argument can be made for choice in those cases. But I do believe that, given the fact that these types of things are against the natural biological order of things, they are indeed disorders and not normal.

This doesn't mean that a homosexual or transgender should be discriminated against and ostracized from society any more than any other mental, hormonal or biological disorder.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Obviously you're not breeding or you would understand that little people are not mentally capable of making life altering decisions like this.
    And his caregivers(not really parents) seem to be catering to the whim of a six year old. That doesn't make them very responsible adults.

Say your kid barked and crawled on all fours while eating out of the dog dish. Should you also put a collar on him and chain him out back?(well, maybe for a day) It's a game I have seen a few times and I do admit eating my share of dog food myself.

But for a Responsible Parent to encourage and continue to treat their kid like a dog by making him sleep on the floor and feeding him out of the dog's bowl and taking him for walks with a leash while scooping up his poopie?

Catering to a baby like this IS extremely harmful and should be discouraged with extreme prejudice.

If it looks like a Duck, swims like a Duck, and quacks like a Duck, then it probably is a Duck - unless it's really a Goose with bad parents. :n00b:

No, a child of 6 is not capable of making life altering decisions. And this child hasn't made one, it hasn't decided anything. It's living it's life as a female child, when it is biologically a male one. Nothing is 'decided'. This doesn't, in any way, hurt the child. This is not irresponsibility on the part of the parents. You only get to decide what is right and wrong with your own children.

I would say it's fair to call the parents into question, because it's unclear whether this is a genuine case of gender confusion, chemical imbalance, or just a 6 year old being goofy. It could go either way. The only thing I know is that letting your child live as the opposite gender is not a criteria for bad parenting. :dunno:

What would you say is the right age for your child to make such decisions?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Are you referring to homosexuals?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    What would you say is the right age for your child to make such decisions?

18 as of now. That is the legal age.
    If this were truly an issue of whether or not the child was able to express themselves, then the parents would have been happy leaving it as is, where the kid was allowed to use faculty restrooms. When the parents decided that was not enough, they dragged every other student into this, at least the female students. Now whether this is a chemical, mental, childs silly choice to act is it does, this is the parents fault for dragging this through the mud. If my daughter was at that school and I heard that they were allowing a male student to share the facilities with her, I would not be very happy. My lawyer probably would be though because I would file suit, you bet your ass.

Can a 6 year old, (or however old, I remember it is young,) really grasp the true reality surrounding the difference between male and female? Does what one wears of which bathroom they use make that much of a difference before puberty? Seriously? This kids parents could argue all they want about their kids right to this or that, I could give a flying you know what. The only thing I would be concerned about is my kid. And I'll say something else, if my son was gay or transgender, well whatever. He, or she would have to wait until it was no longer living in my house to wear a skirt or heels or makeup. If that were to cause some hardships for them, well it would for me too. Sometimes life is not fair.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    18 as of now. That is the legal age.
    If this were truly an issue of whether or not the child was able to express themselves, then the parents would have been happy leaving it as is, where the kid was allowed to use faculty restrooms. When the parents decided that was not enough, they dragged every other student into this, at least the female students. Now whether this is a chemical, mental, childs silly choice to act is it does, this is the parents fault for dragging this through the mud. If my daughter was at that school and I heard that they were allowing a male student to share the facilities with her, I would not be very happy. My lawyer probably would be though because I would file suit, you bet your ass.

Can a 6 year old, (or however old, I remember it is young,) really grasp the true reality surrounding the difference between male and female? Does what one wears of which bathroom they use make that much of a difference before puberty? Seriously? This kids parents could argue all they want about their kids right to this or that, I could give a flying you know what. The only thing I would be concerned about is my kid. And I'll say something else, if my son was gay or transgender, well whatever. He, or she would have to wait until it was no longer living in my house to wear a skirt or heels or makeup. If that were to cause some hardships for them, well it would for me too. Sometimes life is not fair.

A very fair post. I definitely understand the parents of the other children being concerned, that's only natural. No reason to make all the other children uncomfortable because one feels different.

My mother goes to a very gay friendly church, and as such I've met many gay and transgender people through there. With several of them that I've talked to, it was never a decision about what gender they were: they were either Male or Female, no matter what they were physically. I would never question their self-determination, no matter how "weird" it was to me. Especially when it's harmless to others.

But of course, this child is only 6. It doesn't have the critical thinking to make such decisions. So it's fair to restrict this behavior until this child comes of legal age.

My big disagreement with the majority here is the idea that these parents are not responsible with their children on the sole idea that one of them is allowed to live as another gender. It's just ludicrous to make such an assumption imo.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You are the parent you decide whats right and wrong for your child. When they turn 18 if they want to be a pretty princess they can but till then they are my dependent. You can not compromise with a 6 year old they have no idea what is going on. If they said they wanted to wear underwear on their heads and those spandex pants with no underwear will you let them?. As the child gets older and starts to understand how the world works and is able to make intelligent decisions you as parents can then decide if there are able to be compromises made. Till then its your say and if you make the bad decisions maybe its time to rethink having anymore kids or giving them up to someone who has better decision making skills.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a distant female cousin who from a young age declared that she was really a boy and tried to live as a boy. Her strict Social Conservative religious-life-based parents forbade it. As soon as she was old enough to manage it, she committed suicide. This was during school age, mind you. This was not some kind of adult decision. This was not, graduate high school, become an adult, and because mommy and daddy said I couldn't wear pants, off myself. This was a child in serious emotional pain that her... his parents were numb to. And it killed him.

That is the kind of pain these transkids are in. Ignore or belittle it at their peril, not your own.

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a distant female cousin who from a young age declared that she was really a boy and tried to live as a boy. Her strict Social Conservative religious-life-based parents forbade it. As soon as she was old enough to manage it, she committed suicide. This was during school age, mind you. This was not some kind of adult decision. This was not, graduate high school, become an adult, and because mommy and daddy said I couldn't wear pants, off myself. This was a child in serious emotional pain that her... his parents were numb to. And it killed him.

That is the kind of pain these transkids are in. Ignore or belittle it at their peril, not your own.

I'm glad you said this! Because what you have done here is put the blame of your distant cousin's choice on her "Social Conservative religious-life-based parents." Whereas its never the Liberal Fascist non-religious-life-based parents fault for affecting their child's decisions.

Top Bottom