• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Eh, you shoot one, you've shot them all :)

I'll find out what my schedule is like. Saturday morning I have a booth at the local Farmer's Market. Not sure what else I have going on this weekend or the following.

This weekend is full. I am building a covered deck for the spouse. I have help coming Sat. And Sunday to help get some of the trusses built. Not a one men job.

Let me know what the next weekend looks like.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Eh, you shoot one, you've shot them all :)
    That's what's great about the Glock. You really can set them up to be near identical in feel. If you keep it stock and after a shoot, you EDC goes into an evidence bin for a while, you can buy another and have the exact same experience. They do all feel the same. Not necessarily good, but consistent. That's harder to achieve with the 1911. I have a couple near identical full size guns and each has it's own personality. All great, but all different.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's what's great about the Glock. You really can set them up to be near identical in feel. If you keep it stock and after a shoot, you EDC goes into an evidence bin for a while, you can buy another and have the exact same experience. They do all feel the same. Not necessarily good, but consistent. That's harder to achieve with the 1911. I have a couple near identical full size guns and each has it's own personality. All great, but all different.
    Probably can say the same about the SA XD, S&W M&P, Kahr CM9, etc, etc. One great thing about the 1911 is that there are a bunch of aftermarket upgrades available, so the pistol can be set up to every individual's personal physical build and desires.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The 1911 big deal goes bang hits target most of the time.
    Kinda outdated and fading away and I believe a fairly dangerous weapon in untrained hands.
    BTW I think the Glock family is more of a dangerous weapon without proper training.
    All that said Rual king has the Ruger 1911 and the Remington 1911 on cheap sale both look like great pistols.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Kinda outdated and fading away and I believe a fairly dangerous weapon in untrained hands.
    BTW I think the Glock family is more of a dangerous weapon without proper training.
    All that said Rual king has the Ruger 1911 and the Remington 1911 on cheap sale both look like great pistols.

Not to nitpick Brad, but what firearm is not "a fairly dangerous weapon in untrained hands"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The 1911 has been going through a steady upgrade since inception.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In our culture the 1911 will be in use for a long time.
    In the general population the plastic pistols are taking over mainly due to price.
    The 1911 has come a long way in the last few years even the cheapest knockoffs are better than ever.
    I was issued a 1911A1 around 1992 that had a rand slide and a converted colt 1911 frame and a high standard barrel.
    I wish I had some pictures of it no finish left on it and loose as could be still went bang.
    Yes any weapon can be dangerous in untrained hands some seem to be ND magnets.
    On the 1911 people tend to attempt to lower the hammer on a loaded chamber and guess what happens.
    The famous Glock which you provided to the Iraqis and Afghans seem to go off when the trigger is pulled go figure!

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette

Lol fading away. Thats funny right thur. Wait, its not purple. Now Im confused.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In our culture the 1911 will be in use for a long time.
    In the general population the plastic pistols are taking over mainly due to price.
    The 1911 has come a long way in the last few years even the cheapest knockoffs are better than ever.
    I was issued a 1911A1 around 1992 that had a rand slide and a converted colt 1911 frame and a high standard barrel.
    I wish I had some pictures of it no finish left on it and loose as could be still went bang.
    Yes any weapon can be dangerous in untrained hands some seem to be ND magnets.
    On the 1911 people tend to attempt to lower the hammer on a loaded chamber and guess what happens.
    The famous Glock which you provided to the Iraqis and Afghans seem to go off when the trigger is pulled go figure!

Some good points......"But"....once anyone gets to run a nice 1911 it becomes part of the wish list.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Springfield, Colt, Ruger, and probably some others, have added new models to their 1911 lines this year. If the 1911 is fading away somebody better tell their marketing departments.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Springfield, Colt, Ruger, and probably some others, have added new models to their 1911 lines this year. If the 1911 is fading away somebody better tell their marketing departments.

Dang it........I am late to the party again. I purchased a Ruger Lightweight Cmd Style and a few weeks ago SIG Nightmare carry. I have been very happy with both of them. Wish some would have told me before I put all that effort into training with a 1911.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Shot the .45 at IDPA today. It scared me every time it fired!! On the bright side, it functioned without any issues, although I only shot about 100-120 rounds.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Looked at a Ruger 1911 in 9mm today. Nice trigger on it. Just haven't decided on the whole 1911-9mm thing.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Guys we like 1911's it is the gun buyers at large that dictate the production.
    30 years ago who would have thought that police officers would carry plastic pistols?
    Which ones carry 1911's ?
    9mm 1911 why not I might try to find a .38 super it's the 10 mm of the past.

Top Bottom