• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A good 1911 in .45acp cures erectile dysfunction. A 1911 in 9mm is just a teaser.
    Glad you .. boys .. like the 9mm 1911. My GF's 5 yr old little sister loves the 1911 in 9mm as well.

Since I acquired my first years ago, it has been known as my "lady's purse gun."

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You didn't ask me, but I would hesitate to buy a 1911 in .40 unless I were a pistolsmith and/or I was intending to load the ammo longer than factory specs. I've seen very few .40 1911s that functioned well without a lot of work. A 10mm would be a lot less trouble and if you could always load your ammo to .40 specs if you wanted.

I would agree. The only reason I can see for owning a 1911 in .40S&W is if you are already shooting a 2011 in limited division. That way a person can standardize for reloading. Non-USPSA guys are better off with 10mm. You always know who those guys are because they spend all afternoon looking for every piece of brass in the tall grass.

I'd like to try a 9mm 1911.

Just so happens I have one of those with AllenM. He PMed me a bit ago to tell me it was ready for pickup.

A good 1911 in .45acp cures erectile dysfunction. A 1911 in 9mm is just a teaser.
    Glad you .. boys .. like the 9mm 1911. My GF's 5 yr old little sister loves the 1911 in 9mm as well.

I think I am safe sticking with 9mm. After 20 years of marriage I would not know nor would I want to get an unwarranted Stiffy. Wife ain't interested and that stuff and oddly inappropriate around children. Guns in general around 5 year old girls is just dangerous.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've decided to dust-off the man-gun for the IDPA match at Wildcat on Saturday. Yes, rhino will be shooting the mighty .45ACP! I hope that my delicate frame and questionable constitution are able to withstand the recoil!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You didn't ask me, but I would hesitate to buy a 1911 in .40 unless I were a pistolsmith and/or I was intending to load the ammo longer than factory specs. I've seen very few .40 1911s that functioned well without a lot of work. A 10mm would be a lot less trouble and if you could always load your ammo to .40 specs if you wanted.

I would agree. The only reason I can see for owning a 1911 in .40S&W is if you are already shooting a 2011 in limited division. That way a person can standardize for reloading. Non-USPSA guys are better off with 10mm. You always know who those guys are because they spend all afternoon looking for every piece of brass in the tall grass.

Just so happens I have one of those with AllenM. He PMed me a bit ago to tell me it was ready for pickup.
    That's good info. I've always wondered why there were so few 1911s in. 40. Also, a flat bottom FPS on my DE has me spending much less time chasing brass into the next County.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like to argue...

Hey I am a Glock guy. I love Glocks! :yesway:

But 1) they have no soul. 2) their beauty lays only in their utility. 3) perfection requires replacing the craptastic plastic sights and crunchy trigger, maybe even splurge on a grip reduction.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Hey I am a Glock guy. I love Glocks! :yesway:

But 1) they have no soul. 2) their beauty lays only in their utility. 3) perfection requires replacing the craptastic plastic sights and crunchy trigger, maybe even splurge on a grip reduction.

1. All guns have no soul ;) 2. Glocks are ugly, but zombies don't care if your gun is pretty or not. 3. Yes, Glock sights suck, I always replace them. And all my Glocks have stock triggers. I have never shot a gun with a trigger job. Grip reduction? I'd prefer to keep my carry guns stock anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. All guns have no soul ;) 2. Glocks are ugly, but zombies don't care if your gun is pretty or not. 3. Yes, Glock sights suck, I always replace them. And all my Glocks have stock triggers. I have never shot a gun with a trigger job. Grip reduction? I'd prefer to keep my carry guns stock anyway.

I have offered you to shoot mine. They have all got ultra nice triggers.
    They also have a soul. The soul of a machine but yea....a soul

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hmm. Maybe I should just say screw it, and sell all 4 of my Glocks and buy a 1911....

Nah!

No, not all of them. I've tried to whittle my Glock collection down and I just can't get it below 3. 1 is for HD and the other two are for carry. It does not matter that I have two other HD guns and more carry guns that I care to count. I try to tell myself that I'm not into Glocks any longer and that I should sell them all, but I know I'll just go out and rebuy those three anyway. So, I save money and just keep them.

Sell 1 and buy a 1911. You know you want a 1911. On the 4473, they should replace the question "Are you a US Citizen?" with "Do you own a 1911 or are you buying a 1911?". A no answer should disqualify someone immediately.

Top Bottom