• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have great love and respect for the 1911. But, I don't currently own one. I carried a CZ yesterday. I will again today. Who's surprised? ;)

You know BA, there's a way to carry a CZ and a 1911 while only carrying one gun. Or, you can carry a CZ made gun and still be carrying a 1911 if you don't mind the DW logos on it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Reason being?

I knew you would ask that!

Here you go:

With a TRP, I have a much better idea of what I would gettting (especially a used gun that I could shoot for a while before buying). I know people with TRPs that have shot the crap out of them and they performed well. I've seen several others that did well when pushed. I know of people who own Dan Wessons, but I don't know anyone who has shot one much under adverse conditions and really pushed it. They could be fine guns or even better than the TRP, but I don't have the experience or know the people who do to assess them properly.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I knew you would ask that!

Here you go:

With a TRP, I have a much better idea of what I would gettting (especially a used gun that I could shoot for a while before buying). I know people with TRPs that have shot the crap out of them and they performed well. I've seen several others that did well when pushed. I know of people who own Dan Wessons, but I don't know anyone who has shot one much under adverse conditions and really pushed it. They could be fine guns or even better than the TRP, but I don't have the experience or know the people who do to assess them properly.

Thanks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You'd rather have a TRP than a Dan Wesson?

Yes.

Like Rhino said.

All hail Rhino.

I have ran 88's CZ 1911 and it is a respectable gun. Well made and every time I have seen it no issues what so ever.
    It is a MilSpec gun by appearances with forged ignition controls.
    I am just a dyed in the wool Springer guy I guess.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CM knows the pistol I'm talking about. I have not really run it too hard, but on it's first outing, I did push 200 rounds through it in about 20 minutes. It's closing in on the 1300 round mark without a failure yet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    2,100 through my VBOB totally flawless, all forged parts no MIM Dan Wesson by far makes my favorite 1911's for the $$$

They really do put a nice 1911 together. The one I was referring to above is a CZ 1911A1 built by Dan Wesson. The build quality is the same as my DW CCO except for a minor cosmetic bit on the extractor finish. I'm hoping to add a full size stainless Valor to the family next spring.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Mooshy triggers.
    You are so right. I have a SA with a trigger job on the original MIM parts and one with a Cylinder & Slide trigger kit. There is a world of difference in the feel. I think with tooled steel parts, as in the Cylinder & Slide kit, the trigger job will last much longer, as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are so right. I have a SA with a trigger job on the original MIM parts and one with a Cylinder & Slide trigger kit. There is a world of difference in the feel. I think with tooled steel parts, as in the Cylinder & Slide kit, the trigger job will last much longer, as well.

When you use the MIM parts and trim everything square to the axis of the pins (believe it when I say so many are not) you take away some of the hardened surface. Tjis shortens the life of the parts considerably. It is much better than original but it is still Mooshy compared to the tooled steel pieces.
    I will consider doing an MIM clean up for some friends but do not recommend it.

Top Bottom