• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I love mine. Did yours come with only one mag? Mine did. I thought they are suppose to come with two. :dunno:

image-3.jpg

Yup, only one mag. I guess its the FS model which only comes with one mag. Ive only field stripped it and cleaned it so far. Hope to get to the range soon. Yours looks great!! Nice grips.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I picked this up on the way home today. I guess you could call it a Christmas present to myself. It's the Colt Talo 38 Super Ghost Ring. It's basically a Colt Government 1911 chambered in 38 Super with a couple changes. It has a Novak Mega Dot tritium front sight and a Novak Ghost Ring rear sight. It also has fancier Altamont grips, plus it has a special serial number since there were 300 of this gun made.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I picked this up on the way home today. I guess you could call it a Christmas present to myself. It's the Colt Talo 38 Super Ghost Ring. It's basically a Colt Government 1911 chambered in 38 Super with a couple changes. It has a Novak Mega Dot tritium front sight and a Novak Ghost Ring rear sight. It also has fancier Altamont grips, plus it has a special serial number since there were 300 of this gun made

I can see why they call it Ghost Ring. Very very nice! Enjoy!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I picked this up on the way home today. I guess you could call it a Christmas present to myself. It's the Colt Talo 38 Super Ghost Ring. It's basically a Colt Government 1911 chambered in 38 Super with a couple changes. It has a Novak Mega Dot tritium front sight and a Novak Ghost Ring rear sight. It also has fancier Altamont grips, plus it has a special serial number since there were 300 of this gun made.

Looks like it at a hard life, nice find though.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    nice holster for ... 1911's with rails ....
    OK, here's my ginormous whinge about this ^.
    Sure companies make holsters to fit 1911s with rails... but that's it. Once you actually USE the rail by putting a light or something on it...no more holster! What is up with that?!

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    Sure companies make holsters to fit 1911s with rails... but that's it. Once you actually USE the rail by putting a light or something on it...no more holster! What is up with that?!

I will slip a bayonet mount rail light in a pocket that can be easily attached if needed, but the most important thing about the rail compatible holster is that it allows me to take my "nightstand gun" out and actually use it to protect myself if I choose to. Without a decent holster to accept the rail style gun then it would be relegated to nightstand duty for it's entire life. I understand your thinking and 90% of the time there IS a light mounted to the rail while the pistol resides in a small safe by my bedside, having this holster just allows me to broaden the applications I can use the gun for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The pic is my SA TRP operator. Railed, light mounted. The Holster is from Fobus. It works very well and is pretty easy to draw from. Not up but back and out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom