I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    New to the safe,
    1943 Remington Rand.
    Sent to Springfield Armory in 1962 and built to Nat. Match spec. Was in rotation at Camp Perry shooting competition.
    Bushing/barrel frame all serial numbered at the armory and they are matching. Trigger is adj. aluminum piece. Micro sights with armory stamp on left side. Was part of the up-grade and I believe the checkering was as well.
    This is 1 of 172 released to the public by the DCM in 1962. The fit and finish are top shelf for its age. Barrel bush is as tight as my other match guns. Trigger is crisp. Feels like 4 lbs. but not sure. New gauge is in the mail.
    I shot this today before I made the deal. It runs perfectly and groups well.

There is a serial # on the bush just bad pic (or bad operator)

Trigger was SA up-grade

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Kimber Eclipse II in 10mm
    IMG_20130913_143351_908_zpsf09072b9.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just picked up a Remington R-1S for use as a carry gun. I've run 175 rounds through it so far and am quite happy at this point. I'm not really planning on dressing this one up with fancy grips or anything, but am more wanting a good all around 1911 for carry use. Something that I don't need to worry much about dings, scratches or rust.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Just picked up a Remington R-1S for use as a carry gun. I've run 175 rounds through it so far and am quite happy at this point. I'm not really planning on dressing this one up with fancy grips or anything, but am more wanting a good all around 1911 for carry use. Something that I don't need to worry much about dings, scratches or rust.

Nice choice, Remington ais often over looked, but they do make a good 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I carried the one I posted (1943) all day today. Except for the sights they are very similar.

Top Bottom