• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. The thing I like about this Remington is the lack of 'fancy'. I like the vertical serrations on the back of the slide, none on the front, short trigger and the general robust, simple feel. This gun has a feel very similar to my 1944 Colt.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carried the one I posted (1943) all day today. Except for the sights they are very similar.

I wonder what the first soldier that carried your gun 70 years ago would have said had someone suggested that it would still be a viable self defense gun this far into the future. Probably the same thing I'd say if someone suggested that my new 1911 would still be carried in 2083. It just does not seem likely, yet they continue to endure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder what the first soldier that carried your gun 70 years ago would have said had someone suggested that it would still be a viable self defense gun this far into the future. Probably the same thing I'd say if someone suggested that my new 1911 would still be carried in 2083. It just does not seem likely, yet they continue to endure.

I have the Colt my uncle carried in Korea and also through the Nam. It has a 1950 serial. I know its history. The 1943 Rem. is one for the books as well. You can feel the history when it's held and shot. Yes, I shoot it. If these guns could talk.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Just picked up a Ruger Sr1911. No picks yet but it's my first 1911 and am excited to hit the range with it. Seems like a nice quality piece.

Edit: Shot about 200 rounds through it today. I thought I was in love with it yesterday. I KNOW I'm in love with it today. Awesome gun and it's a very capable weapon. Much more accurate than I will ever be. My buddy shot it as well and now he wants one! Now I understand what all the hype about the 1911's are. I'm in.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Got my latest custom grips from West Virginia Wood Arts today.
    I really like them.

My dad feels really special(er).
    I blocked out his info...

IMG_0047-Copy_zps2f7c426d.jpg

IMG_0048_zps49fdac40.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Does your dad have matching shoes and socks for those.................:dunno:
    If he wants the shoes and socks, I'll buy them. If he wants the whole pistol...it'll be his.
    Right now, he just wants me to keep it close to me. If he ever changes his mind, I'm down with that.
    That's why I'm "the favorite", people. (It's not because I'm the baby. I swear.)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here are some photos of what is essentially my barbeque gun. It's a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm with a bit of trigger work done. It has a short, solid trigger, Wilson Combat bulletproof disconnector, sear, ultralight hammer and flat mainspring housing. The grips are mammoth ivory. I don't know if I'll ever finish polishing it, but here's where it's at right now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here are some photos of what is essentially my barbeque gun. It's a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm with a bit of trigger work done. It has a short, solid trigger, Wilson Combat bulletproof disconnector, sear, ultralight hammer and flat mainspring housing. The grips are mammoth ivory. I don't know if I'll ever finish polishing it, but here's where it's at right now.

Bling at its best.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Wow, that looks good. Are those G10 grips?
    Yes, those are VZ "ETC Predator Green G10" grips. I had the "operator II"s with a thumb notch for mag release, but they were too sharp and thumb notch would cause me to depress during shooting here and there. So, when with these. Like them much better.
    Thank you for the compliment.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes, those are VZ "ETC Predator Green G10" grips. I had the "operator II"s with a thumb notch for mag release, but they were too sharp and thumb notch would cause me to depress during shooting here and there. So, when with these. Like them much better.
    Thank you for the compliment.

Good info. I'm planning on getting a set of the double diamond grips in black cherry from VZ for my Remington and have been on the fence regarding the thumb cutout. I've got VZ grips on a Scorpion, RIA and a CZ 75. Those are hard to beat and are about the perfect level of grippiness.

Top Bottom