Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My new RAASCO grips came!! YAY!!

DSCN0191.jpg

Here they are on the Kimber Ultra Carry II SS;

DSCN0198.jpg

Nice! I was just looking at those online today! Are those the cocobolo's?

I am thinking of getting something with the mag release cut-out. Do you know if they help with reaching the mag button better? I have to change my grip to hit the button.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Nice! I was just looking at those online today! Are those the cocobolo's?

I am thinking of getting something with the mag release cut-out. Do you know if they help with reaching the mag button better? I have to change my grip to hit the button.

These are called "charcoal/walnut" and the cut is called "Tactical Half Checkered".
    If you are having to readjust to reach the mag release, you need to try a pair of slim grips in hand. That's what these are... I can't reach the function levers one-handed with standard grips...Slim ones take off 30% of the width. I rip all the standard grips off my 1911s and put slim grips on.
    Next time you're in a gun store or at a show, get your hands on something like Springfield's EMP which comes with a FLAT mainspring housing and Slim grips (which is an awesome winning combination for people with a short reach!)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    These are called "charcoal/walnut" and the cut is called "Tactical Half Checkered".
    If you are having to readjust to reach the mag release, you need to try a pair of slim grips in hand. That's what these are... I can't reach the function levers one-handed with standard grips...Slim ones take off 30% of the width. I rip all the standard grips off my 1911s and put slim grips on.
    Next time you're in a gun store or at a show, get your hands on something like Springfield's EMP which comes with a FLAT mainspring housing and Slim grips (which is an awesome winning combination for people with a short reach!)

Thanks! Yeah, I was looking at the slim grips on the website. I'll see if Gander Mountain has an EMP. I am taking a vacation day today and I should be able to stop in.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks! Yeah, I was looking at the slim grips on the website. I'll see if Gander Mountain has an EMP. I am taking a vacation day today and I should be able to stop in.

So as not to derail the thread more, PM me what your findings are.
    Or better yet, start a "comparison" thread...but link me so I can find it!
    Happy window shopping! :)

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ...you need to try a pair of slim grips in hand. That's what these are...

What kind of hardware did you get for it to fit the slim grip? I'm looking for something similar but dont know what I need. It's an SR1911 if that matters.

Thanks!!!!!! :rockwoot:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I was looking at that sight too, I don't care for the grips on my SIG 45ACP 1911. I also like the half-checkered tactical and am considering the slim grips. I want mine to be black or a very dark color. Have you bought from Rasco before? Were they good to deal with? I was also interested in Monkey Grips, but haven't gotten a reply from them.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was looking at that sight too, I don't care for the grips on my SIG 45ACP 1911. I also like the half-checkered tactical and am considering the slim grips. I want mine to be black or a very dark color. Have you bought from Rasco before? Were they good to deal with? I was also interested in Monkey Grips, but haven't gotten a reply from them.

RAASCO was excellent to deal with.
    Not all the needed info went through correctly on their website, so they called me to verify details before confirming the order or proceeding. I mentioned that I was going to order bushings/screws for the grips and he said instead of paying extra shipping from Brownells, that's where theirs come from and he could tack on a few extra bucks for the cost of them and ship with the grips.

I had no problem dealing with the monkey grip people either...
    You have to send them an email about wanting slim grips, though. They aren't offered on the site (last I looked anyhow...). Contact Larry at larryd@gvtc.com for that.

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Here is a new one......40 S&W

The rear cocking serrations are the initials of its owner....

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    This is my 1914 Colt U.S. Army 1911 customized by F. Bob Chow. It has the full package, and the trigger is unbelievably crisp, at about 3 1/4 lbs. It's also marked under the slide, the tightest pistol I have ever owned, or ever seen.

100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

100_1147.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom