Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    This sounds great!

A couple of selfish suggestions;

- Plan on more than one of these with the initial party being about complete disassembly/reassembly. Tips, tricks, hows, whys and all the function checks included.

- Schedule these Dec.- Feb. to encourage participation. This would avoid scheduling conflicts with those who are shooting matches or training every weekend the other months.

I think these are awesome ideas.

The dates would work as well. Maybe help blow off some cabin fever.

Gents, how do we want to handle ammo? When I go to work on my 1911, I use my backup as my primary, and clear the 1911. I then lay the magazine and chambered round on a table across the room.

Shall we do something similar?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Me Too

I'd like to learn more about the 1911. I bought a RIA 45 officer ,shot f*&n great but didnt like HP ammo, had someone work on it ,they trashed it . Would'nt even feed ball ammo when it was done .The gun was paid for over the problem. I bought a XD45 after that , it shots fine ,runs great,but not even close to a 1911

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'd like to learn more about the 1911. I bought a RIA 45 officer ,shot f*&n great but didnt like HP ammo, had someone work on it ,they trashed it . Would'nt even feed ball ammo when it was done .The gun was paid for over the problem. I bought a XD45 after that , it shots fine ,runs great,but not even close to a 1911

I really hate to think of you waiting this long to get your 1911 going, but you're a fair bit south of me.

Can you take a picture of the breech face and extractor and send them to me? Then insert a dummy cartridge under the extractor, take pics, and tell me how hard it was to insert it.

Usually it's a combination of a rough breech face and tight extractor on the RIA, but they also benefit from polishing the ramp with 2000 grit paper.

Josh

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If you go with VUPDblue's offer of the MCFG clubhouse, the rules are cut and dry. No ammo in the clubhouse, period.

Well hey, that solves that dilemma. While I don't like being unarmed, I understand the reasons behind it, and the use of the clubhouse is a generous offer, so I have no complaints!

With that said, does anyone have any STEEL cases from say, .45acp Wolf or such?

I need to make a number of dummy rounds for this thing, and steel is just easier to drill as it doesn't deform as readily.

Thanks,

Josh

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm in! I would love to learn a lot more about my Springfield. I have several things I want to do to it, so please let me know when you get something going. Vupdblue offer of mcfg clubhouse is perfect for me, and when ever you get it scheduled is fine. Awsome idea, thanks. I'm subscribing to this thread.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hi Folks,

I'd like to get an idea of what you want to do to your pistols.

There will be a basic complete strip with replacement of sear, main, and recoil springs. I'd recommend getting these from Wolff Springs.

What additional things are you wanting to do?

Please post those ideas here: Post Your 1911 Problems and Wishes Here

I'm trying to save this thread for scheduling etc. I do need a comprehensive list of what people are wanting to do, and the separate thread will keep me from having to go through this one, picking and choosing.

Thanks!

Josh

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Wolff makes sear springs now?

I use ISMI recoil and main springs. 12.5 lb for the .40, 14 lb for the .45 on the recoil spring. 17 lb main for the .40 and 19 for the .45.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I wonder why I got the opposite response when a Saiga build party was suggested:dunno:

Because at the time you were not a member of the club and a member of the club was not available to be the host (ie: Me) at the time. If they are wanting to plan this thing out in advance, like into the winter months, I will be available and interested in participating as well. I'm sorry it didn't work out about the Saiga thing at the time...

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm in ,
    For January and February
    I have one these now and would like to learn how to comletely disassemble it.
    The trigger is pretty good already, Brazos saw to that:)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Because at the time you were not a member of the club and a member of the club was not available to be the host (ie: Me) at the time. If they are wanting to plan this thing out in advance, like into the winter months, I will be available and interested in participating as well. I'm sorry it didn't work out about the Saiga thing at the time...

I really like your new #1 rule
    I everybody followed this one we could do away with a whole bunch of other rules

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I know it is still early in the planning process but do you have a date/time in mind? Thanks.

Hello,

We're just shooting for the winter right now.

I am thinking maybe after Christmas, so folks can ask for the parts they may want FOR Christmas..? :rockwoot:

Josh

Top Bottom