• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If the question made sense, in relation to the story, there might be a response. But since the good gentleman is determined to introduce opinions without even being aware of even the most basic facts about this story (ie there are sidewalks in the neighborhood, and that Zimmerman stated he was following the kid on a "cut through"), then what's the point until he gets to readin' sum mo?

How does "cut through" translate in your world to "public sidewalk?" In a gated community? Even sidewalks are not "public" in a gated communiti according to Florida law, that's the point.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If the question made sense, in relation to the story, there might be a response. But since the good gentleman is determined to introduce opinions without even being aware of even the most basic facts about this story (ie there are sidewalks in the neighborhood, and that Zimmerman stated he was following the kid on a "cut through"), then what's the point until he gets to readin' sum mo?

So you can't answer any question unless it relates to a specific circumstance? I bet you're fun on the weekend.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Going between houses means "sidewalk" to you? And "gated community" means "public property" to you. Just answer the question as asked and not as you wish it were asked? Can the prosecutor's office even allow you on the stand?

:laugh: impressive, but not gonna happen

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Holy moly, this thread is on fire. First we were deciding innocence or guilt based upon media reports. "He deserves an impartial investigation." Now we have an announcement there will be an announcement, and some are already convinced Zimmerman's getting the shaft.

Then there's the renewed discussion about suspicious people walking across personal property. I don't hear anyone questioning the right to challenge a stranger on one's own property. If it's someone else's property or a public sidewalk, that's why we pay police such outrageous salaries.

All this angst about the riots over the hung jury. Gosh, we have the beginnings of an INGO riot before the man's even charged. Can we not wait to hear what Ms. Corey has to say later this evening? ... and then we can verbally beat up on each other.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Looks like a sidewalk to me.

trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-path.jpg

I see the sidewalks, but notice the words "assumed path" next to Z & Ms movements. I don't think we'll KNOW until the evidence is produced at trial.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Holy moly, this thread is on fire. First we were deciding innocence or guilt based upon media reports. "He deserves an impartial investigation." Now we have an announcement there will be an announcement, and some are already convinced Zimmerman's getting the shaft.

Then there's the renewed discussion about suspicious people walking across personal property. I don't hear anyone questioning the right to challenge a stranger on one's own property. If it's someone else's property or a public sidewalk, that's why we pay police such outrageous salaries.

All this angst about the riots over the hung jury. Gosh, we have the beginnings of an INGO riot before the man's even charged. Can we not wait to hear what Ms. Corey has to say later this evening? ... and then we can verbally beat up on each other.

You forgot the part about Martin's mom being a greedy whore for attempting to patent his name. Too bad I haven't seen a single news story showing where she's attempted to make any money yet and Zimmerman is asking for paypal donations on his website.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The only witnesses to the confrontation that I've read about is after Martin was on top of Zimmerman. Where are the witness reports of the first contact between the two?
    By testimony of the girlfriend, you do know that Trayvon approached and confronted Zimmerman. Other than Zimmerman's testimony, you don't know who struck who first. You do know Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head into the pavement (two eyewitnesses).

So just from this, how can you say Zimmerman is guilty or should stand trial?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    By testimony of the girlfriend, you do know that Trayvon approached and confronted Zimmerman. Other than Zimmerman's testimony, you don't know who struck who first. You do know Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head into the pavement (two eyewitnesses).

So just from this, how can you say Zimmerman is guilty or should stand trial?

Again, I've said multiple times that Zimmerman probably acted within the law. I still think it was a situation that never had to happen in the first place. If Zimmerman's community feels so strongly that he did the right thing, why aren't they offering to pay his legal bills? This is why I won't stick my neck out there for someone who is suspicious while walking or a petty crime. I'm not risking my livelihood for something that can be replaced with insurance. If someone is in direct danger of physical harm or death, I will get involved.

cexshun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Portage
    By testimony of the girlfriend, you do know that Trayvon approached and confronted Zimmerman.

This is just as guilty of assuming evidence as all the other posts here. The only thing the girlfriend's cellphone call proves is that Trayvon spoke first. We have no way of knowing who approached whom based on the cellphone conversation, nor who confronted whom. All we know is that the first words spoken were "Why are you following me?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you can't answer any question unless it relates to a specific circumstance? I bet you're fun on the weekend.

If you're even in Carmel, and can set aside interwebz disagreements, consider yourself invited for a tasty lemonade and game of checkers. lol

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If you're even in Carmel, and can set aside interwebz disagreements, consider yourself invited for a tasty lemonade and game of checkers. lol

I work here, but I get out of Carmel as soon as I can. I don't want to get caught DAB* in carmel after business hours. I'm afraid most monday nights when I work late I'll get pulled over for DAH**.

*DAB= Driving A Beater
    **DAH= Driving A Huyndai.

:laugh:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If Zimmerman's community feels so strongly that he did the right thing, why aren't they offering to pay his legal bills?

You forgot the part about Martin's mom being a greedy whore for attempting to patent his name. Too bad I haven't seen a single news story showing where she's attempted to make any money yet and Zimmerman is asking for paypal donations on his website.

Are you afraid that he is being impoverished or being enriched? Seems he's damned either way.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I work here, but I get out of Carmel as soon as I can. I don't want to get caught DAB* in carmel after business hours. I'm afraid most monday nights when I work late I'll get pulled over for DAH**.

*DAB= Driving A Beater
    **DAH= Driving A Huyndai.

:laugh:

DAB? DAH? Sounds suspicious and worthy of a police stop to me.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Again, I've said multiple times that Zimmerman probably acted within the law.
    I agree.
    I still think it was a situation that never had to happen in the first place.
    I agree. I bet most here agree. I bet Zimmerman agrees.

None of that changes the fact that Trayvon approached Zimmerman as he was waiting for the police. Trayvon initiated the contact after they were apart. Trayvon was beating Zimmerman's head into the pavement.

These are all facts from the investigation. So, since Zimmerman was acting in SD, why should he be prosecuted?
    If Zimmerman's community feels so strongly that he did the right thing, why aren't they offering to pay his legal bills?
    What has this to do with the legality of what happened?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Are you afraid that he is being impoverished or being enriched? Seems he's damned either way.

You suspect his attornies are quitting due to lack of payment. I'd say impoverished is just as likely as enriched. But there sure were a bunch of people here condemning Martin's mother for her actions but I have yet to see a report of her selling anything or asking for donations. If that was her intent, she sure is a terrible busines person because her window of opportunity is going to be closing fast. She was already judged for being greedy with no supporting evidence. He IS asking for money. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    LEO

If you took the exact incident that happened there and the only difference being that Zimmerman was an on duty LEO, the situation would be much different for Zimmerman. The pd, IE taxpayers would be paying his legal bills and any wrongful death payouts. The LEO would not be personally on the hook financially. Give me that same immunity and I'll risk my livelihood for your precious possessions.
    Actually the LEO could and WOULD be financially responsible for any civil suit that may arise. Just like one will arise in this. Hopefully the Gov. wont pay Martins family prematurely like Gov Crist did in the Martin Lee Anderson case....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom