• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Zimmerman's innocence or guilt rests on that time frame. That time frame is what is crucial to me. Assuming Zimmerman did nothing to instigate the physical fight, he SHOULD WALK FREE. Even so, was it worth risking his livelihood on a guy who was suspicious while walking? That time frame has been my whole focus. The Zimmerman supporters seem to think its totally irrelevant.

nEVER Mind the fact that the girlfriend was on the phone at the time of the initial contact when M told her he was going to talk to Z. Then you hear "You got a problem" from M and "what are you doing here" from Z then a scuffle and the line disconnects.

Doesn't sound like Z was ambushing the kid or initiating the confrontation. He WAS following a suspicious person walking BEHIND houses in a gated community as part of his neighborhood watch and reporting to the police that took 18 minutes to respond.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Walking while suspicious warrants watching, trying to kill someone because they were watching you warrants self-defense. You calling self-defense "street justice" warrants a comparison of you to Sarah Brady.

I shutter to think at what applies as "suspicious" to you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    AG Holder praises Sharpton, a co-conspirator in the Tawana Brawley attempted shakedown. That is rich. As I recall, several of the DOJ Civil Rights Division have resigned since AG Holder got in office. So I would assume any findings by them would be a foregone conclusion.

What are these DOJ "peacemakers"? Why do I suspect the term would not be accurate?

As most of you know, three weeks ago, the Department of Justice launched an investigation into this incident, which remains open at this time — and prevents me from talking in detail about this matter. However, I can tell you that, in recent weeks, Justice Department officials — including Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division Tom Perez, and United States Attorney for the Middle District of Florida Robert O’Neill — have traveled to Sanford, Florida, to meet with the Martin family, the community, and local authorities. The FBI is assisting local law enforcement officials. And representatives from the Community Relations Service — the Justice Department’s “peacemakers” — are continuing to meet with civil rights leaders, law enforcement officers, and area residents to address — and to help alleviate — community tensions. We’re also communicating closely with local, state, and federal representatives and officials.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I shutter to think at what applies as "suspicious" to you.

I shudder to think what does NOT apply as suspicious to you, officer. If someone I don't know is prowling around my property and I call 911 and you get sent out I can expect to have to get beaten to a bloody pulp or my door kicked in before you do anything other than yawn. The police are a GREAT help, ain't they?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    While certainly not unprecedented, it's sad that this prosecutor has surrendered to outside influences and has chosen to charge Zimmerman, even though there is no credible evidence that suggests she can possibly prevail in a fair trial composed of an impartial jury. Charging Zimmerman, and thus appeasing the minority masses and special interests, was determined to be more important than protecting the integrity of the system and the rights of each of us. Sad. Just what does she think the outcome will be when Zimmerman is found innocent of all charges?

The situation between Zimmerman and those claiming to be his legal counsel is also bizarre. Like the loser who claimed to be a lotto winner recently, they may have just been posers. Whatever the reality of the matter, it was a strange news conference earlier today from the attorneys.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This thread amuses me. You really get to see who people are...hold on, there is a young black male walking down the sidewalk. BRB!!!!

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This thread amuses me. You really get to see who people are...hold on, there is a young black male walking down the sidewalk. BRB!!!!

Who said anything about color? Race has nothing to do with it. Someone is walking BEHIND my house at night in a gated community and it's not one of my neighbors, I'm going to be suspicious, and I will be more alert.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Zimmerman's life should, at the very least, be ruined. The police chief and prosecutor, kinda sucks for them, but they will probably be on their way out too.

Yeah, and reading comprehension owns you.

owns you... is that some kind of legal phrase that you sworn LEOs use?

Actually my reading comprehension is pretty good.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I shudder to think what does NOT apply as suspicious to you, officer. If someone I don't know is prowling around my property and I call 911 and you get sent out I can expect to have to get beaten to a bloody pulp or my door kicked in before you do anything other than yawn. The police are a GREAT help, ain't they?

Walking down a sidewalk = Prowling? :n00b:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "suspicious while walking"? For someone who is so pro property rights, you sure seem to ignore the evidence that Martin was cutting through yards.
    ie: Trespassing.

In reading the 911 transcripts, I never saw a mention of Martin being in someone's yard. When did he go into someone's yard? before or after he ran from Zimmerman?

For the umpteenth time, if Zimmerman's story is 100% truthful, I think he should walk. But was the encounter worth the trouble to initiate over someone who only appeared suspicious?

There's no way it could ever be proven one way or the other but did the pd investigate this crime fully and from a neutral standpoint? We all know dead hookers and homeless people are given the same thorough investigations as the prominent among us. Was the investigation into this shooting tainted by the preconcieved notions of the investigator? I can't say yes or no.

The fact of the matter is that if Zimmerman initially witnessed a crime in progress, intervened and ended up in the same result, there'd be little doubt as to his innocence. I am not going to act in a situation where my only articulation is that someone looked suspicious. That someone is entitled to innocence until proven guilty that I am.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    In reading the 911 transcripts, I never saw a mention of Martin being in someone's yard. When did he go into someone's yard? before or after he ran from Zimmerman?

The "sidewalk" that M was walking down runs BEHIND houses on two streets from what we've been shown by the "unbiased media".

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Who said anything about color? Race has nothing to do with it. Someone is walking BEHIND my house at night in a gated community and it's not one of my neighbors, I'm going to be suspicious, and I will be more alert.

Like the day I was working and saw someone carrying a rifle through my front yard?

Turned out it was the neighbor kid with a BB gun. Gave me one of those "face turned white" moments though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you don't think an unknown person, walking behind houses, at night in a gated community warrants a second look?

Glad you're not patrolling my area.

You'd have one of the safest districts in the city. I understand what constitutes good police work versus needlessly troubling people that have done nothing wrong.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Walking down a sidewalk = Prowling? :n00b:

Who said "sidewalk"? There you go again constructing your own strawman. How do you know Zimmerman's community had sidewalks or that Martin was on the sidewalk. Zimmerman said he was walking between houses. Again, someone on MY PROPERTY, MY BACK YARD and you'll do nothing? Is that right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom