• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post
    Washington Post now saying charges will be pressed against Zimmerman. No specific charges yet but could be announced sometime this afternoon.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see what the charges are.

Hopefully it's not something to appease the political and social pressure being brought to bear.

If it's a legit charge based on all the evidence then I don't have a problem with that. Never have.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Florida law
    3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Bashing someones head into the concrete isnt a petty charge bud why do you keep neglecting that fact.

George_Zimmerman_Head_Wound_2.png

Zimmerman-Gash.jpg

Don't worry it sounds like Angela Corey will charge him.

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post

So you know exactly what happened from the moment Zimmerman left his vehicle until Martin threw his first punch. You were there and you witnessed it. Why didn't you go to Sanford pd with your story to save us from all this turmoil?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This is nothing but political B.S. at its worst. The legal system and the political agendas are supposed to be separate but again this is proven false. Next, we should see them tear down that ridiculous lady justice statue in Washington and all the other court houses around. If this was twisted the other way and it was a black man who shot a white kid you would not see Al Sharpton, the P.O.S. Jackson, or a lot of these other so called "leaders" pushing for justice. As soon as I seen that the good reverend and crew have shown up I instantly think how pathetic the whole situation is. The people who are pushing these ridiculous disgraces for church leaders are guilty for being just as pathetic as their so called "leaders."

IF the guy shot Martin in an illegal matter then he should be charged and face the consequences of that action. However, if he is not guilty of the charges I hope that he can then sue the "special" prosecutor along with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the Martin family, and all the others who have drug his name through the mud and slandered him. I will wait and see how this all shakes out but what has me mad is how these pathetic examples of the church and other so called leaders pushed this action through when the police didn't.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No i dont but you sure seem to.

Zimmerman's innocence or guilt rests on that time frame. That time frame is what is crucial to me. Assuming Zimmerman did nothing to instigate the physical fight, he SHOULD WALK FREE. Even so, was it worth risking his livelihood on a guy who was suspicious while walking? That time frame has been my whole focus. The Zimmerman supporters seem to think its totally irrelevant.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Zimmerman's innocence or guilt rests on that time frame. That time frame is what is crucial to me. Assuming Zimmerman did nothing to instigate the physical fight, he SHOULD WALK FREE. Even so, was it worth risking his livelihood on a guy who was suspicious while walking? That time frame has been my whole focus. The Zimmerman supporters seem to think its totally irrelevant.

You keep saying walking while suspicious while leaving out bashing while assaulting. If you know that Martin didn't attack then why don't you go tell the Sanford police that. You are ignoring half the story to fit your narrative. If it happened different then so be it.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    This whole case has been spun in so many directions that I have given up trying to reconstruct what actually happened from so-called "news" reports and have no opinion on the righteousness of the shoot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Officer, you've never thought anyone was acting suspiciously and asked what they were doing where they were? For some reason, I find that hard to believe. You've never observed them (which, apparently, is considered "harrassing")? Do you just sit at the station and wait for the calls?

Harass as in some cloak and dagger, secret squirrel, mall ninja tactic that would cause alarm to a person I haven't seen do anything wrong? Nope, never. But then again, a person walking down a sidewalk isn't what I'd consider suspicious.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You keep saying walking while suspicious while leaving out bashing while assaulting. If you know that Martin didn't attack then why don't you go tell the Sanford police that. You are ignoring half the story to fit your narrative. If it happened different then so be it.

IF, and I'll repeat that again, IF Zimmerman initiated the attack, is he still able to claim self defense?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

"suspicious while walking"? For someone who is so pro property rights, you sure seem to ignore the evidence that Martin was cutting through yards.
    ie: Trespassing.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Harass as in some cloak and dagger, secret squirrel, mall ninja tactic that would cause alarm to a person I haven't seen do anything wrong? Nope, never. But then again, a person walking down a sidewalk isn't what I'd consider suspicious.

Again, you avoid a direct question by constructing your own strawman. Are you related to Mark Fuhrman?

The question was:

Officer, you've never thought anyone was acting suspiciously and asked what they were doing where they were? For some reason, I find that hard to believe. You've never observed them (which, apparently, is considered "harrassing")? Do you just sit at the station and wait for the calls?

I'll even remove parentheticals:

Officer, you've never thought anyone was acting suspiciously and asked what they were doing where they were? You've never observed them? Do you just sit at the station and wait for the calls?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom