• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Knowing what we think we know LOL! Z makes call to police, trails M, exits vehicle to follow M, returns to vehicle, Gets attacked on way back to vehicle, starts to get a mud puddle stomped in his arse, can't defend self, shoots M. (trying to keep it real simple) U think he wishes he would have just stayed in his vehicle? Would you have followed M into the darkness or stayed in your vehicle? I'm a family man with wife and 2 kids I'm staying put with weapon ready, on the cell with the police.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right, wouldn't the EMTs have stopped the bleeding and cleaned up Zimmerman IF he was beaten up?:dunno:

What type of incompetent EMT leaves a laceration un-bandaged? :dunno:

I would expect even a simple abrasion to be handle in such a way.

and also, looking at the vid, Zimmerman seems fairly fit, and he's taller than all of the officers.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The police report says that the EMTs worked on Zimmerman after trying to revive the kid. Those reports also say Zimmerman was bleeding when the PD got there.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    (As a side note, Florida statutes also make it a crime to threaten or assault a neighborhood watch representative).
    I wonder how threatening or assaulting a neighborhood watch representative is different than threatening or assaulting someone who is not a neighborhood watch representative? Is the criminal penalty harsher?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wonder how threatening or assaulting a neighborhood watch representative is different than threatening or assaulting someone who is not a neighborhood watch representative? Is the criminal penalty harsher?

I have absolutely no idea. I'm sure the penalty isn't "death" at the hands of the State, but perhaps it's in some way similar to statutes penalizing interfering with a police officer in the conduct of his duties? Don't know.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    What type of incompetent EMT leaves a laceration un-bandaged? :dunno:

I would expect even a simple abrasion to be handle in such a way.

and also, looking at the vid, Zimmerman seems fairly fit, and he's taller than all of the officers.
    I'm expecting the announcement that it's the wrong video, and not actually Z.

The media ought to just wait for the state's attorney to finish the investigation. Then the facts will be available.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Here's a more recent image of Tray. It appears the photo was taken on the afternoon of June 17, 2010.

Photo_on_2010-06-17_at_16.05__2_DC.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The issue I find ironic in this whole discussion is that many of the most vocal finding fault with Zimmerman's action in this thread are the same ones that say you need to protect yourself because you can't rely on the police to protect you. So are people supposed to wait on the police who proportedly never arrive in time or protect themselves and their property? Which is it?

I also think it is outrageous that the media is using a 5 year old picture to depict this kid rather than the gold toothed thug he appeared to be as recently as a month ago.

I don't know who's fault is what. I don't really care. If Zimmerman did something wrong the Grand Jury will indict him. If he didn't it won't. All the posturing, anti-gun, anti-self defense and race baiting makes me ill.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Zimmerman’s Dad: Trayvon Martin Told My Son He Was ‘Going To Die Now’ « CBS Tampa

[Zimmerman followed Tray] so he could get an address for police to check.

Robert Zimmerman [father] spoke to WOFL FOX 35 in Orlando in an interview that aired Wednesday night. He says his son was suspicious because of several break-ins and thought it was strange for someone to be walking between the town homes on a rainy night.

Zimmerman also says that Martin threatened his son’s life.

“Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of ‘you’re going to die now’ or ‘you’re going to die tonight,’” Zimmerman told the station.

He says Martin continued the beating and his son “pulled his pistol and did what he did.”

Since the shooting, Zimmerman’s supporters say he’s gone into hiding and that he and his family have gotten death threats.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I draw a line between being self reliant and policing the neighborhood.

It's hard for me to reconcile the two.

I still don't get this false dichotomy that if you have someone volunteer to care for your property it's evil, but if you pay them and put a piece of metal on their chest it's OK.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Zimmerman’s Dad: Trayvon Martin Told My Son He Was ‘Going To Die Now’ « CBS Tampa

[Zimmerman followed Tray] so he could get an address for police to check.

Robert Zimmerman [father] spoke to WOFL FOX 35 in Orlando in an interview that aired Wednesday night. He says his son was suspicious because of several break-ins and thought it was strange for someone to be walking between the town homes on a rainy night.

Zimmerman also says that Martin threatened his son’s life.

“Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of ‘you’re going to die now’ or ‘you’re going to die tonight,’” Zimmerman told the station.

He says Martin continued the beating and his son “pulled his pistol and did what he did.”

Since the shooting, Zimmerman’s supporters say he’s gone into hiding and that he and his family have gotten death threats.

Verbal puffery. No reason to believe this story anymore than to believe what M.' s parents and girlfriend are saying.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I still don't get this false dichotomy that if you have someone volunteer to care for your property it's evil, but if you pay them and put a piece of metal on their chest it's OK.

I think this goes back to various comments that Z. was a "cop wannabe" and the idea that he was exceeding his "authority" in trying to see where M. went when he ran down the "cut through". I expect that ATOMonkey doesn't like "cop wannabe"s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom