• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I find it odd how people can invest themselves in the truth or untruth of something they can't know about. I'm talking about people here on this thread.

I don't know what the truth is, but I have no investment in either outcome. It may turn out that the kid attacked Zimmerman, or that Zimmerman was a racist who set out to murder the kid. I don't know.

Why does anyone here have an investment in one set of facts over the other? Especially when we know so little.

You can't see blood in the video. Okay. There are a dozen possibilities about why you can't see blood. One of them is that there was never any blood. That's not the only one, though. With no knowledge whatsoever, why pick a particular reason and argue that one?

What this situation reveals more than most is the bias people bring to it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My guess is Zimmerman used to weigh 220 lbs because he looks much slimmer now. And how would we know how much he weighs? Do you think they weighed him at the station before they removed the cuffs?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If I get one of these, what message am I sending? :dunno:

o-IMAGE-570.jpg

My guess is Zimmerman used to weigh 220 lbs because he looks much slimmer now. And how would we know how much he weighs? Do you think they weighed him at the station before they removed the cuffs?
    Wait for the coming stories about him tweaking meth. Round 2 of the media war. (Purple, folks!)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    "Trayback"

Haven't seen this anywhere else, so I'm going to get this on the 'market' before Trayvon's mother trademarks it.

"Trayback" = Trayvon Martin Payback: collateral incidents arising out of media race-baiting and political grand-standing.

"We can expect many incidents of Trayback arising out of the passions ignited by Al Sharpton and other professional victims."

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wait wait wait.

So Spike Lee apologizes... for tweeting the WRONG address, but if it was the RIGHT address......... well thats perfectly ok go mob his house.

MESSED.

UP.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would think that if I were lying on my back and shot a guy who was on top of me, I'd have at least some of his blood on the front of me. We're Zimmermans clothes tested for Martin's blood?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would think that if I were lying on my back and shot a guy who was on top of me, I'd have at least some of his blood on the front of me. We're Zimmermans clothes tested for Martin's blood?

I don't think we know. We only know what someone wants us to know. We are being told that the police whitewashed the case and are covering up for the white hispanic guy. But then I hear this morning that the detective worked up a good case for the prosecution, recommended he be charged. That doesn't sound like he was engaged in a cover up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I find it odd how people can invest themselves in the truth or untruth of something they can't know about. I'm talking about people here on this thread.

I don't know what the truth is, but I have no investment in either outcome. It may turn out that the kid attacked Zimmerman, or that Zimmerman was a racist who set out to murder the kid. I don't know.

Why does anyone here have an investment in one set of facts over the other? Especially when we know so little.

You can't see blood in the video. Okay. There are a dozen possibilities about why you can't see blood. One of them is that there was never any blood. That's not the only one, though. With no knowledge whatsoever, why pick a particular reason and argue that one?

Trying to inject a little sanity into this thread? Good luck!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

One could argue the first paragraph is applicable to most of the INGO political threads.

Last sentence is spot on.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    According to your scenario my question would be if Z was acting in the capacity as NWC and surveilling someone that he did'nt recognize as being from the neighborhood who he thought was acting in a suspicious manner would it be totally unreasonable for him to get out of his vehicle and try to re-establish visual contact with M after he lost him so he could relay to the police the location?

If so then how would that be considered negligence on the part of Z?

It seems to me the way he acted might be consistent with the things an NWC would do and I don't believe IMO that Z intentionally sought out a personal confrontation with M.

According to everything i've seen they pretty much ran into each other and had verbal contact then the physical altercation ensued. :twocents:

It is not the responsibility of NW to pursue and try to re-establish visual contact.

They are supposed to stay put and wait for police to arrive.

Even if it was the responsiblity of NW to maintain visual contact, he should have done so in a manner that did NOT result in a confrontation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom