• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It doesn't... It shows that Zimmerman thought he was a cop chasing a bad guy.
    You are really jumping to conclusions here. Following someone you think may be suspicious in your neighborhood does not mean you think you are a cop chasing a bad guy. None of us know what happened between the time Zimmerman hung up with 911 and the shooting. Zimmerman MAY have confronted Martin and started the fight, or Martin may have hidden and jumped Zimmerman when he followed him.

One amazing thing to me is, IF Martin had been up to no good Zimmerman would be hailed for following Martin and stopping him from doing something in the neighborhood. As it turned out he is vilified for it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe z watched too many South Park hunting episodes and said m was coming right for him. It's funny some are desperate to paint m as the thug by posting phony Facebook photos, bringing up his suspension, etc but quickly forgetting z's battery on a cop arrest.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    This thread has jumped the shark.

Its now CarmelHP and Lucky nit picking each others choice of words, and everyone else reading way more into the limited amount of data thats available.

/meh.
    Good point. Likely gonna be a lot of unhappy folks, regardless of the outcome of this. Let's hope they all remain level headed and not turn one unfortunate incident into another.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So the neighborhood had seen a string of burglaries. The neighborhood watch captain is already on alert due to this information and sees someone "suspicious." Maybe he looked suspicious to Zimmerman because of his age, his race, his dress, or because he appeared to be wandering around the neighborhood looking at houses. Zimmerman alerts the police to this suspicious person and tries to keep an eye on him. The "suspicious-looking" Martin sees this man in a vehicle following him and runs away. Maybe he ran because he felt the unknown person in the vehicle may be looking to rob him or attack him in some way. Zimmerman wants to keep an eye on him so he can relate his location to the officer en route to check out the situation.

I'm okay with everybody's behavior up until this point.

Zimmerman locates Martin, and apparently Martin is going to confront this unknown person who keeps following him. Martin should have just kept going until he got home and reported the strange incident to his father or the police, but he didn't. He's a 17 year old male, who knows why he decided to walk toward the unknown vehicle. Zimmerman sees Martin approaching him with his hand in his waistband and gets out to confront him. He had to have gotten out of the truck in order for Martin to end up on top of him, beating him. Zimmerman should have driven away and reported the information to the police. Without any crime having been committed, Zimmerman didn't need to confront Martin at all, or even speak to him when he came toward his vehicle. He's located Martin and the police are en route, the job of neighborhood watch captain ends here. The job of concerned citizen would end here as well.

Both parties made bad choices here. I'm glad I'm not on the jury for this one.

ETA: I've only been reading the news reports, if I've misunderstood the dynamics of this encounter then disregard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It doesn't... It shows that Zimmerman thought he was a cop chasing a bad guy.

Apparently Zimmerman's a zombie... ya know the slow moving ones, that even though you're running full, tilt seem to always be right behind you.

...or he's Jason Vorhees

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You are really jumping to conclusions here. Following someone you think may be suspicious in your neighborhood does not mean you think you are a cop chasing a bad guy. None of us know what happened between the time Zimmerman hung up with 911 and the shooting. Zimmerman MAY have confronted Martin and started the fight, or Martin may have hidden and jumped Zimmerman when he followed him.

So now Martin is potentially an ambush ninja? Waiting for a guy in a car that has been chasing him through the neighborhood for 4+ minutes? Where are you guys deriving this scenario from... what intent can you show me in detriment to Martin?.

NONE, yet there is a WHOLE LOT of evidence that shows intent on Zimmermans side

One amazing thing to me is, IF Martin had been up to no good Zimmerman would be hailed for following Martin and stopping him from doing something in the neighborhood. As it turned out he is vilified for it

One amazing thing to me is that.... Martin wasn't a bad guy and wasn't "up to no good". He was walking home from a gas station...

IF Martin was in the Taliban and Zimmerman foiled a plot to destroy the US with magical layzers... then I would want to walk to Florida and give him my paycheck and thank him for his service.... but that just isn't the case?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So the neighborhood had seen a string of burglaries. The neighborhood watch captain is already on alert due to this information and sees someone "suspicious." Maybe he looked suspicious to Zimmerman because of his age, his race, his dress, or because he appeared to be wandering around the neighborhood looking at houses. Zimmerman alerts the police to this suspicious person and tries to keep an eye on him. The "suspicious-looking" Martin sees this man in a vehicle following him and runs away. Maybe he ran because he felt the unknown person in the vehicle may be looking to rob him or attack him in some way. Zimmerman wants to keep an eye on him so he can relate his location to the officer en route to check out the situation.

I'm okay with everybody's behavior up until this point.

Zimmerman locates Martin, and apparently Martin is going to confront this unknown person who keeps following him. Martin should have just kept going until he got home and reported the strange incident to his father or the police, but he didn't. He's a 17 year old male, who knows why he decided to walk toward the unknown vehicle. Zimmerman sees Martin approaching him with his hand in his waistband and gets out to confront him. He had to have gotten out of the truck in order for Martin to end up on top of him, beating him. Zimmerman should have driven away and reported the information to the police. Without any crime having been committed, Zimmerman didn't need to confront Martin at all, or even speak to him when he came toward his vehicle. He's located Martin and the police are en route, the job of neighborhood watch captain ends here. The job of concerned citizen would end here as well.

Both parties made bad choices here. I'm glad I'm not on the jury for this one.

ETA: I've only been reading the news reports, if I've misunderstood the dynamics of this encounter then disregard.

You've got the story a little backwards...

Zimmerman scouts Martin while calling 911....

Zimmerman tells dispatch that suspicious person is in his neighborhood and is "walking toward" his car....

Then Zimmerman tells dispatch that suspicsious person is running and that "these *******s always get away"...

He tells dispatch to send an officer then dispatch asks if he is following Martin... which he replies "YES".

Dispatch tells him that is not necessary... then as Zimmerman is still following Martin he tells dispatch to have the coming policman to call his phone so he can tell him where he is at....

Dispatch complies and hangs up the phone....

After that... no one sees or hears from them until one guy looks out of his house and sees Martin mounting Zimmerman and whooping his ass.... Witness leaves to call 911 and hears gun shot.

Police show up and see Martin dead then ask Zimmerman what happens in which he says "self defense"....

----------------------------------

The problem is that Zimmerman appears to have provoked Martin into flight mode... and when running didn't work and Zimmerman gets out of his car.... a fight ensues.

When people keep trying to say... "HE WALKED TOWARD ME"... that was 4+ minutes before the fight ensues. After "HE WALKED TOWARD ME" .... he ran.

He ran while he was on the phone with his girlfriend who told him to keep moving... at some point he stopped.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

As more of the true facts come out, and the liberal media begins to sense that their fantasy world story is soon to fall apart, they are preparing their exit strategy. Read this latest from GMA and see how they are now moving back to a more neutral stance. Yes, Zimmerman is still the bad guy, and they're still using the 5 year-old image of Martin, but they are now introducing facts that will let them save face if they don't get the arrest they so desperately covet.

Sad.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    the 911 dispatcher TOLD HIM NOT TO.
    No, the 911 dispatcher did not "tell him not to." This is from the Sanford Chief of Police:
    the telecommunications call taker [not a police officer] asked Zimmerman “are you following him”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do that”. The call taker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow. Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    You are telling me that you have "ample evidence"? Where did you get it? From a media source right?
    No, why don't you get it directly from the Sanford Police Department like I do. They tell a different story than the media, and the SPD states than the media's sequence of events is "pure speculation" (their words).

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    There was a thread on here just a week ago where one of the INGO members complained that his 17yo son had been pulled over after curfew because the LEO smelled "Marijuana" as the car drove by. Everyone on this forum was in an uproar about how it was BS that his son was being harassed.
    You are ignoring one important difference. The Zimmerman case went through a three week department investigation before it was turned over to the State's Attorney. The side of the road encounter was one lone LEO who we (or at least I) didn't believe was telling the truth just to get a bust.

Big difference.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Theres posts on Martins facebook page suggesting he sold pot. There is an old arrest which was expunged about Zimmerman beating up a LEO. Theres so much unknown about both of them, including WHAT HAPPENED.... We will probably never know. All we are doing is fueling the hatred that the media keeps promoting.
    And if Zimmerman is found dead, do they plan on arresting the Leaders of the Black Panther Party for offering a reward?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Thats not even the same kid bro.

Totally debunked
    Actually I think that one *is* Tray. There is a third picture floating around of a different Tray that is not him. That is the one that has been debunked. Kid goes to a different school.

This is the "wrong" Tray.

moretrayvon.jpg

I believe this is the right Tray. Which picture did Massad Ayoob use?

1332569412.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Theres posts on Martins facebook page suggesting he sold pot. There is an old arrest which was expunged about Zimmerman beating up a LEO. Theres so much unknown about both of them, including WHAT HAPPENED.... We will probably never know. All we are doing is fueling the hatred that the media keeps promoting.
    And if Zimmerman is found dead, do they plan on arresting the Leaders of the Black Panther Party for offering a reward?

I think the self-righteous have already decided that regardless of the evidence, no trial is needed, and we can proceed straight to execution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom