• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would also bet, and this is the crux, that persons being followed were unaware that police were tailing them.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

My point being is that police often do not stop people by their lonesome sometimes and can easily see a fact pattern EXACTLY like Jorge Zimmerman's fact pattern and absolutely no criminal charges were filed, bet you I can even find cases EXACTLY LIKE Jorge Zimmerman (or worse, no injuries to the officer unlike Jorge) that I have posted to INGO where the officer was not prosecuted.:D;):laugh:

If it was Officer Jorge Zimmerman, not a single member of the INGO prosecution team would be against him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

My point being is that police often do stop people by their lonesome and can easily see a fact pattern EXACTLY like Jorge Zimmerman's fact pattern and absolutely no criminal charges were filed, bet you I can even find cases EXACTLY LIKE Jorge Zimmerman (or worse, no injuries to the officer unlike Jorge) that I have posted to INGO where the officer was not prosecuted.:D;):laugh:

So you are telling me, that you can find me case where an un-uniformed officer followed a person in an unmarked squad car, with person being followed aware of their presence, and the person run off, the officer jumps out, calls for back up, WALKS rather than run after ther person of interest, doesn't announce himself as a police officer, gets into a fight with the person, and subsequently kills him.... And that this was found to be justified, and there was no public outcry?

I'm willing to read THAT story if you can find it.

But here's my question for you. Would YOU think that if it was OFFICER Zimmerman, the shooting would be justified? Or that the officer shouldn't be prosecuted?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So you are telling me, that you can find me case where an un-uniformed officer followed a person in an unmarked squad car, with person being followed aware of their presence, and the person run off, the officer jumps out, calls for back up, WALKS rather than run after ther person of interest, doesn't announce himself as a police officer, gets into a fight with the person, and subsequently kills him.... And that this was found to be justified, and there was no public outcry?

But here's my question for you. Would YOU think that if it was OFFICER Zimmerman, the shooting would be justified? Or that the officer shouldn't be prosecuted?

I'll answer that. Hell yes it would be justified, and hell no he shouldn't be prosecuted for it.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter when you "... have no idea what happened."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

If you are in reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death, it does not matter if you have a uniform on. Deadly force is permitted.

It was West Lafayette PD's first police action shooting. I'll run a search.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fense/54209-west_lafayette_pd_pas_update.html

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Officer Zimmerman would have been given a medal.

I'll do the press conference with my hands pulling on my lapels.

"Our brave officer made the best decision he could under the circumstances, brave, brave, brave, circumstances, circumstances, circumstances, after a full investigation clearing him, brave, brave, brave."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That probably sealed it for the jurors that Z is guilty. I mean everybody knows what that sounds like, so detailed it haz to b tru.

I stumbled across some Yahoo news (my favorite..:rolleyes:) and they were saying she was treated so poorly she is a mess from the bad names and such she was called....I read transcripts....no name calling comes to mind from that....well, except us being Creepy A$$ Crackers or whatever.

Last edited:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    "Our brave officer made the best decision he could under the circumstances, brave, brave, brave, circumstances, circumstances, circumstances, after a full investigation clearing him, brave, brave, brave."

No surprise that you are working with an actual transcript of an actual police department press conference.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Well, the FBI's voice expert is on the stand saying that the voices on the 911 recording can't be analyzed for multiple reasons.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    According to the FBI analyst, the best way to identify the voice on the tapes is for people familiar with the speakers to identify the voices.

The only problem with that is that Trayvon's dad first said it wasn't his son, then he said is was.

I wonder if Trayvon's dad will take the stand for the state. If he does, the cross examination should be very interesting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still waiting to see how you get "guilty of manslaughter" from "I have no idea what happened..."

Sure, based on the facts that we DO know, I'd rather he be charged with manslaughter.
    It's a fact that Martin hadnt committed a crime.
    It's a fact that Zimmerman followed him
    It's a fact that Martin was alarmed by Zimmerman following him
    It's a fact that Zimmerman believed Martin to be suspicious
    It's a fact that Zimmerman used disparaging language to describe Martin
    It's a fact that following a suspicious person is inherently dangerous
    It's a fact that Zimmerman was suggested to not follow Martin
    It's a fact that Martin has been charged criminally (guilty or not) for violence
    It's a fact Martin had no weapons
    It's a fact Zimmerman was armed
    It's a fact that Martin was talking in the phone just prior to his death
    It's a fact that if one believes themselves to be in imminent danger, protecting themselves is justified
    It's a fact that Zimmerman set the ball in motion that resulted in this tragedy
    It's a fact that Martin is dead by Zimmerman's hand

So yeah, I think manslaughter applies.

But here, since we're asking questions. Did you "think" OJ was guilty of murder? And please explain why. Hopefully, you'll reciprocate and answer this as I have asked without dancing around it proving your hypocrisy.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sure, based on the facts that we DO know, I'd rather he be charged with manslaughter.
    It's a fact that Martin hadnt committed a crime.
    It's a fact that Zimmerman followed him
    It's a fact that Martin was alarmed by Zimmerman following him
    It's a fact that Zimmerman believed Martin to be suspicious
    It's a fact that Zimmerman used disparaging language to describe Martin
    It's a fact that following a suspicious person is inherently dangerous
    It's a fact that Martin has been charged criminally (guilty or not) for violence
    It's a fact that Martin was talking in the phone just prior to his death
    It's a fact that if one believes themselves to be in imminent danger, protecting themselves is justified
    It's a fact that Zimmerman set the ball in motion that resulted in this tragedy
    It's a fact that Martin is dead by Zimmerman's hand

So yeah, I think manslaughter applies.

But here, since we're asking questions. Did you "think" OJ was guilty of murder? And please explain why. Hopefully, you'll reciprocate and answer this as I have asked without dancing around it proving your hypocrisy.

Bolded your conjecture/guessing and or irrelevent points.

You know Martin was alarmed?
    What language? The one tapes that the media modified to sound worse?
    Martin was charged with violence in the past? Don't you mean Zimmerman? And even if you do, how does that even matter? Life-threatening situation is still life-threatening.
    Zimmerman didn't know if Martin had no weapons. Fists are weapons.
    Anything can set anything into action.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am

1. How do you know he didn't stop following Martin after being told he didn't need to. 2. There was no person of authority to say that to stop

Glad you do admit that

Wrong, he had his hands. According to the FBI stats, hands and feet are used in homicides also (more then long guns)!

So?

Reading your response, I guess if you use your gun in self defense (which I believe what was used for), you expect you will be charged with manslaughter also?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom