• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If Trayvon hadn't gotten suspended from school for a third time he'd be alive today.

If Trayvon hadn't attacked Zimmerman he'd be alive today.

Isn't it fun to play "what if?"

OH I like this!!!

What if Z stayed in car and T lived...then 2 days later T shoots and kills 2 people in botched robbery to get money for some cigars.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OH I like this!!!

What if Z stayed in car and T lived...then 2 days later T shoots and kills 2 people in botched robbery to get money for some cigars.

I have been doing some extensive reading tonight on our boy "T"

Seems he was a bit of a douche. My son in law to be is a young man of color and he put me onto some enlightening info about our boy and we discussed this at length sitting in the gazebo with him and 2 more young men of color. They were all of the same mind. "T" was a thug.
    The info I read was on daughters I-pad and phone so I have no links. My google-fu is weak anyway but suffice to say....do the research. He was a thug.
    Now, did "Z" do society a favor that the criminal justice system would have to do eventually....not for me to say.
    Remember folks, innocent until proven otherwise.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Once again there is a double standard of how we judge people in this country and until people recognize it the worse off we and the country ad patriots love it will be.

Another example of double standards.

Rhode Island woman sicks dogs on TV reporter | Video | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Rhode Island Woman Screams

Here a white reporter on a public street is trying to ask a black woman some questions and the black woman is throwing rocks at her then finally sicks her dogs on her and then calls her a "dumb white b#tch". Of course the videos are starting to edit the racial slur out of it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Once again there is a double standard of how we judge people in this country and until people recognize it the worse off we and the country ad patriots love it will be.

Another example of double standards.

Rhode Island woman sicks dogs on TV reporter | Video | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Rhode Island Woman Screams

Here a white reporter on a public street is trying to ask a black woman some questions and the black woman is throwing rocks at her then finally sicks her dogs on her and then calls her a "dumb white b#tch". Of course the videos are starting to edit the racial slur out of it.

Whereas with the Zimmerman 911 call, they edit a racial component INTO it by editing out the 911 operator asking the race of T.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Breaking and entering, possession of stolen women's jewelry and burglary tools, spray-painting graffiti, punching a bus driver in the face, multiple suspensions from school (he was on suspension when he was shot), paintballing cars, getting in fights (outside of his "fight club"), ...

And all of that is beside the prosecution's failed attempt to hide Trayvon's illegal handgun purchase.

While we are at the unproven allegations, lets not forget child molesting...

OOOOPS, I forgot that that standard only apparently applies to one side.

The gross speculation, tossing about of allegations as fact, and dogmatic fervor in this thread really shows some unpleasant things about human nature.

Joe

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Mr Kutnupe, you put the homeless man beating in purple, did that get debunked somehow?

Honestly asking...

Yes, it was put out by the defense that it was a video of T's friends beating up a homeless guy.

They were forced to retract that and acknowledge that it was a mutual bumfight over a bike that T had happened on with no participants related to him.

Z's attorneys were forced to publicly recant and apologize:

Trayvon Martin fight video - Orlando Sentinel

I'm of the opinion that attorneys on both sides should probably be disciplined for openly trying to try this in the media, with Z's attorneys being the current offenders.

Joe

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Joe, doesn't it make you wish that they could all put a lid on the theatrics and return to basics, like the prosecution having an obligation to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Z's decision to shoot T was NOT an act of self-defense or otherwise send him out the door?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Joe, doesn't it make you wish that they could all put a lid on the theatrics and return to basics, like the prosecution having an obligation to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Z's decision to shoot T was NOT an act of self-defense or otherwise send him out the door?

Yes, and from what I' know of the case I've never understood why he was charged, much less with Murder. Then again, the more that what passes for the media gets involved, the less faith I have that the justice system does not get distorted.

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, and from what I' know of the case I've never understood why he was charged, much less with Murder. Then again, the more that what passes for the media gets involved, the less faith I have that the justice system does not get distorted.

Best,

Joe

I feel this is the real issue in the whole matter. With out the media theatrics, where would this be.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Not unproven at all. Unless you ignore all the evidence and stuff.

In the words of Inigo Montoya:

" 'Evidence', 'Proven' You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean".

To just what standard is any of those allegations proven? Under what rules of evidence?

You'd better hope the jury imposes a much higher standard of "proven" than you do or methinks George is going away.

Joe

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I feel this is the real issue in the whole matter. With out the media theatrics, where would this be.

It would have remained where it was with the first prosecutor, uncharged based upon a police investigation from which the prosecutor concluded there was not a provable criminal case.

The only real problem there was the completely half-assed police investigation that included gems like pulling toxicology from the dead black kid but not the guy who shot him and not assigning homicide detectives to it. This raised a real concern over how the authorities were treating the thing racially and in many ways was the direct cause of Angela Corey getting the case.

T's parents had a reason to be pissed about the way the thing was initially handled.

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom