• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So a sworn law enforcement officer said that he wanted a man's life ruined before there was any real investigation, without any due process in an open forum? That is really disturbing.

Not only that, but in a town with a wee bit of a reputation for pulling people over for DWB.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    And now for something completely different.

Here's something I didn't hear about before last week. When the Black Panthers put a bounty on Zimmerman, he went out and bought another gun, an FNH Five-seveN! What a step up from his Kel-Tec!

FN Five-seveN: Zimmerman’s choice for Panthers « Bob Owens

FNM0004mb-e1342141301758.png

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, M. was minding his own business wandering around the neighborhood in the rain and his fist just happened to hit Z. in the nose and then he tripped on top of Z. and his hands just got stuck on Z.s neck and he couldn't get them off while Z. bounced his own head on the concrete so he'd have an excuse to shoot M. That sounds "reasonable".

I'm sure Martin was acting on God's will.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

They're still going to go ahead with the stand your ground hearing, after they try and have the judge trying Mr. Zimmerman changed. I believe his attorney has already filed that motion, based on the current judge "being biased" against Mr. Zimmerman.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They're still going to go ahead with the stand your ground hearing, after they try and have the judge trying Mr. Zimmerman changed. I believe his attorney has already filed that motion, based on the current judge "being biased" against Mr. Zimmerman.

What judge is going to even hear a stand your ground hearing when the attorney representing him says himself that it doesn't fit?

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I think the latest is they are NOT going to pursue the hearing option.

What I gleaned from MOM's most recent public statement, he believes GZ should be released on the grounds of classic self-defense.

My personal understanding is that SYG wording would still be instrumental in shielding GZ from further legal action, criminal or civil.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, people, view, Mas Ayoob's, discussion of SYG laws, given at CATO. There really isn't a distinction between a SYG situation, and one of classic self-defense. To paraphrase, Ayoob, "Give me one instance, in which you would sooner shoot someone dead, when you could have retreated in complete safety.". If you could turn, and walk away from a confrontation, with no fear of injury, why wouldn't you?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    What I gleaned from MOM's most recent public statement, he believes GZ should be released on the grounds of classic self-defense.

My personal understanding is that SYG wording would still be instrumental in shielding GZ from further legal action, criminal or civil.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, people, view, Mas Ayoob's, discussion of SYG laws, given at CATO. There really isn't a distinction between a SYG situation, and one of classic self-defense. To paraphrase, Ayoob, "Give me one instance, in which you would sooner shoot someone dead, when you could have retreated in complete safety.". If you could turn, and walk away from a confrontation, with no fear of injury, why wouldn't you?

I'd say it's the difference between turning your back and running away from a perceived deadly threat and staying put to end the threat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This will set precedence legally. So many mistakes made from the initial arrest. The race card has been out of the deck from day one.
    My son in law to be is a young man of color. When we go to the range and I am working with him and his friends the standard joke when I push them for excellence is "Don't make me go Travon on you" This is done with a smile and a chuckle. It makes so many look and wonder.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom