• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Zimmerman opens up about Trayvon Martin killing, says he prays for teen's parents | Fox News

The case drew intense national attention as speculation grew about the motives for the shooting, especially given that Martin was black. Zimmerman has white and Hispanic heritage.
    He dismissed suggestions by some that he acted out of racism.
    "I don't think it's fair that they rushed to judgment to assume that," he told Fox News.

You wouldn't know anything about rushing to judgement, would you George?

Zimmerman Says He Was Not Pursuing Trayvon Martin - ABC News

When asked to explain what he meant when he told a police dispatcher he was following Martin, Zimmerman said he was trying to keep an eye on Martin to tell police. He said he was not following Martin but attempting to get a more precise address for the authorities.
    Whether Zimmerman was the aggressor plays a major role in his self-defense claim.
    "I hadn't given them a correct address. I was going to give them the actual address," he said. "I meant that I was going in the same direction as him. I didn't mean that I was actually pursuing him."
    Zimmerman said shortly after he got out of his car, Martin was right next to him. Zimmerman said he looked down to try to find his cellphone and when he looked up, Martin punched him and broke his nose. Then, he said, Martin straddled him and started slamming his head down.

So he was trying to keep an eye on him but he wasn't following him? Shortly after Zimmerman got out of his car, Martin was right next to him? What, did he park his car on the sidewalk inbetween the houses?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Srsly? You cold have little income but have a million dollar estate. The idle rich. Andrew Luster anyone? A court should ask about assets, not income. That would be stupid.

I have no idea how what you wrote applies to what I wrote. My response was to a very specific question by CarmelHP in regard to whether or not there could be a legal consequence to not volunteering info which was not asked for. It had nothing to do with what a judge SHOULD ask at a bond hearing.

Joe

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Zimmerman opens up about Trayvon Martin killing, says he prays for teen's parents | Fox News

The case drew intense national attention as speculation grew about the motives for the shooting, especially given that Martin was black. Zimmerman has white and Hispanic heritage.
    He dismissed suggestions by some that he acted out of racism.
    "I don't think it's fair that they rushed to judgment to assume that," he told Fox News.

You wouldn't know anything about rushing to judgement, would you George?

Zimmerman Says He Was Not Pursuing Trayvon Martin - ABC News

When asked to explain what he meant when he told a police dispatcher he was following Martin, Zimmerman said he was trying to keep an eye on Martin to tell police. He said he was not following Martin but attempting to get a more precise address for the authorities.
    Whether Zimmerman was the aggressor plays a major role in his self-defense claim.
    "I hadn't given them a correct address. I was going to give them the actual address," he said. "I meant that I was going in the same direction as him. I didn't mean that I was actually pursuing him."
    Zimmerman said shortly after he got out of his car, Martin was right next to him. Zimmerman said he looked down to try to find his cellphone and when he looked up, Martin punched him and broke his nose. Then, he said, Martin straddled him and started slamming his head down.

So he was trying to keep an eye on him but he wasn't following him? Shortly after Zimmerman got out of his car, Martin was right next to him? What, did he park his car on the sidewalk inbetween the houses?

Yeah, M. was minding his own business wandering around the neighborhood in the rain and his fist just happened to hit Z. in the nose and then he tripped on top of Z. and his hands just got stuck on Z.s neck and he couldn't get them off while Z. bounced his own head on the concrete so he'd have an excuse to shoot M. That sounds "reasonable".

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yeah, M. was minding his own business wandering around the neighborhood in the rain and his fist just happened to hit Z. in the nose and then he tripped on top of Z. and his hands just got stuck on Z.s neck and he couldn't get them off while Z. bounced his own head on the concrete so he'd have an excuse to shoot M. That sounds "reasonable".
    Glad you spelled that out for me, I have been trying to figure it all out

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder why he feels the need to do that? Couldn't be the fact that the MSM painted him as a cold-blooded bigoted murderer, could it?

From kinda tough...
    ht_george_zimmerman_ll_120518_wg.jpg

To kinda wimpy...
    071812_han_zim5_640.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Zimmerman said his head was bounced, actually "slammed" against the concrete a "dozen" times. It's absolutely amazing that a person who been subjected to such physical abuse was able to keep their wits, grab a firearm, and end the "threat."
    I've seem people trip and hit their heads on a hardwood floor rendered unconscious. And yet getting your head slammed not 5, not 10, but a DOZEN times with no ill effect sans a lil cut on the back of the head?
    Does Zimmerman has a Wolverine healing factor or something?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Zimmerman said his head was bounced, actually "slammed" against the concrete a "dozen" times. It's absolutely amazing that a person who been subjected to such physical abuse was able to keep their wits, grab a firearm, and end the "threat."
    I've seem people trip and hit their heads on a hardwood floor rendered unconscious. And yet getting your head slammed not 5, not 10, but a DOZEN times with no ill effect sans a lil cut on the back of the head?

And yet we have all read about people shot multiple times, still kick the crap out of the other party. Others who were basically dead on their feet still able to perform some feat of strength before they were gone. So the above is really kind of silly.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Two comments for you in this scenario:

If you'd gotten sucker punched, knocked to the ground and were having your head bounced off concrete, would you give up, or would you fight back?

What does your ongoing police training tell you about incidents such as these?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And yet we have all read about people shot multiple times, still kick the crap out of the other party. Others who were basically dead on their feet still able to perform some feat of strength before they were gone. So the above is really kind of silly.

Doesn't matter. He made his mind up the day the story broke that he was guilty and should pay. He made that quite clear. He also stated that as an officer he would NEVER follow someone acting suspicious.

THose are great signs of an awesome police officer. :rolleyes:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Doesn't matter. He made his mind up the day the story broke that he was guilty and should pay. He made that quite clear. He also stated that as an officer he would NEVER follow someone acting suspicious.

THose are great signs of an awesome police officer. :rolleyes:

So a sworn law enforcement officer said that he wanted a man's life ruined before there was any real investigation, without any due process in an open forum? That is really disturbing.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So a sworn law enforcement officer said that he wanted a man's life ruined before there was any real investigation, without any due process in an open forum? That is really disturbing.

Let's give the man his due; he was reacting to the initial story which painted Z. as a bigoted cop-wannabe who shot a child in cold blood (which was my initial reaction, as well). For whatever reason, he (and others) have continued to rationalize their initial impression instead of changing their opinions to fit the data that have come out since.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let's give the man his due; he was reacting to the initial story which painted Z. as a bigoted cop-wannabe who shot a child in cold blood (which was my initial reaction, as well). For whatever reason, he (and others) have continued to rationalize their initial impression instead of changing their opinions to fit the data that have come out since.
    I wish I could always be as charitable as you.:yesway:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't know if this has been posted, but here's that 40 min Hannity interview. He says some not so bright things... and its being reported the prosecution is planning to use this interview against him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGB72I9B8Sc[/ame]

I can't believe a lawyer would let their client go on national television before such a high profile trial.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't know if this has been posted, but here's that 40 min Hannity interview. He says some not so bright things... and its being reported the prosecution is planning to use this interview against him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGB72I9B8Sc

I can't believe a lawyer would let their client go on national television before such a high profile trial.

The lawyer is pimping him out because he wants paid.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The lawyer is pimping him out because he wants paid.

Bingo. No such thing as bad publicity for a lawyer. A lawyer who puts his client in front of the media BEFORE the trial is a moron.

On the flip side, Zimmerman may now have grounds for appeal based on incompetent legal counsel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom