Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've lied, you've lied, we've all lied. That's partially my point. That's why I'm not satisfied merely on his word alone. I've never lied under oath but Zimmerman has. Zimmerman's best defense was his word and he alone undermined it by his own actions.

So by you're reasoning, Clinton shouldnt have been impeached for perjury, right?

No, that's YOUR reasoning. My reasoning is that the facts of Z.'s case are going to have to stand for themselves. Depending upon what things we think we know are admitted into evidence at the trial, any mis-statements Z. made at his bail hearing constitute a different matter entirely. If everything we've been presented with here on this forum is admitted as evidence (e.g. videos of M.'s appearance at the convenience store, evidence - if any - of previous drug use, the REAL reasons for M.'s suspension from school, the Florida Statute protecting Neighborhood Watch volunteers from harassment and assault, the lack of defensive injuries on M., Z.'s physical condition when initially interrogated at the scene, etc.) I think a jury will have a hard time believing Z. acted in anything other than self-defense. Who knows, if his defense team is any good, they may manage to get the Black Panther bounty and other death threats admitted into evidence as well.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Didn't Zimmerman tell the dispatcher that Martin ran away? How did they meet up again? That's the million dollar question and Zimmerman's answer isn't worth 2 cents now that he's proven himself to be a liar.

Yes Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin ran away. I don't know exactly where Zimmerman or Martin was at that point. But Zs car was around 110-120 yards away from where M was staying, the altercation was about 70 yards away. There was about 4 minutes between when Z reported M running and when the fight started. I don't know about you, but I can crawl 100 yards in less than 4 minutes, and I'm out of shape and 40+ yrs old. Heck when I had a broken leg and was on crutches I could do a 100 yards in less then 4 minutes. I'm sure a fit 17 yr old football player can do it even quicker, if he couldn't he wouldn't be on the team.

I don't know. Post your video of the events because you must have one to know exactly how the events unfolded. I'm allowing for the possibility that the events happened exactly as Zimmerman said. I'm also allowing for other possibilities. Especially since Zimmerman has proven himself a liar. Why is it that you and others will not allow a different version of events?

I don't have a video and I wasn't there, and I do allow for other possibilities. I'm just going by what has been released so far.

I've lied, you've lied, we've all lied. That's partially my point. That's why I'm not satisfied merely on his word alone. I've never lied under oath but Zimmerman has. Zimmerman's best defense was his word and he alone undermined it by his own actions.

Yep everyone lies. But Zimmerman passed a lie detector test at the police station and according to the police his statements have been consistent.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Let me first say I will be honest and I did not read all 4083 post to see if this had been posted yet.

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing | The Smoking Gun

Some say Zimmerman is a liar and is not telling the truth about who started the fight and whether Martin attacked him or not, but this article says Sanford Police issued a lie detector test the day after the shooting and Zimmerman voluntarily complied with the request. He passed the test and was found to be telling the truth, this is probably a good reason he was not charged in the first place.

I have never taken a lie detector test myself, but from my understanding its next to impossible to fool the machine to make you pass when your not telling the truth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let me first say I will be honest and I did not read all 4083 post to see if this had been posted yet.

George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing | The Smoking Gun

Some say Zimmerman is a liar and is not telling the truth about who started the fight and whether Martin attacked him or not, but this article says Sanford Police issued a lie detector test the day after the shooting and Zimmerman voluntarily complied with the request. He passed the test and was found to be telling the truth, this is probably a good reason he was not charged in the first place.

I have never taken a lie detector test myself, but from my understanding its next to impossible to fool the machine to make you pass when your not telling the truth.

That is not correct. It is difficult, but not "next to impossible." People can, and have, passed a lie detector test when telling lies.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

That is not correct. It is difficult, but not "next to impossible." People can, and have, passed a lie detector test when telling lies.

Since a lie detector measures the differences in respiration and blood pressure to determine whether the subject is under stress - which is an indication of lying - it is indicative, but not positive. Spies are taught bio-feedback mechanisms to minimize their stress under questioning, and psychopathic personalities have been known to fool lie detectors, but normal people won't generally be able to lie successfully; at best they'll generate ambiguous results. It's unlikely Z., with his background, would have been able to successfully deceive a lie detector test.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And this is what I think makes all the difference with Zimmerman. I think he believes he was attacked.

I think he was attacked, as well. A jury may not agree with me, but that's what I've decided based on the "evidence" so far. I'm going to give him the same benefit of the doubt that I'd want shown to me in a similar situation. Unless someone can PROVE to me that M. didn't start the fight (since he seemed to be getting the better of it at the time of the shooting), I'd vote for acquittal if I were on the jury.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think he was attacked, as well. A jury may not agree with me, but that's what I've decided based on the "evidence" so far. I'm going to give him the same benefit of the doubt that I'd want shown to me in a similar situation. Unless someone can PROVE to me that M. didn't start the fight (since he seemed to be getting the better of it at the time of the shooting), I'd vote for acquittal if I were on the jury.

If Zimmerman believed in the benefit of the doubt, this forum would be 4092 posts lighter.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually, YOU don't know. Perhaps if Zimmerman had given Martin the "benefit of the doubt" there would have been one more burglary in the neighborhood that night.

<----- (Still wondering if crime dropped in that neighborhood immediately following the events of that night.)

:popcorn:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually, YOU don't know. Perhaps if Zimmerman had given Martin the "benefit of the doubt" there would have been one more burglary in the neighborhood that night.

And if our government could arrest people before they committed crimes (Minority Report), there'd be no crime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom