• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Question.

Would this business with his bond hearing and the alleged covering of his assets be at all admissible in the actual trial of the shooting?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not in Indiana, Florida law may be different. But I doubt it is allowed there either.

It's admissible in IN if both parties and the judge agree to allow it. So it is, but it virtually never happens.

In FL I believe it's about the same but not positive.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    George Zimmerman's bond set at $1 million - latimes.com

The couple also discussed Zimmerman’s second passport, stashed in his safe deposit box, which -- coupled with the cash -- would let the couple flee the country if necessary, prosecutors said.

“The defendant is manipulating the system to his own benefit,” Lester wrote in Thursday's decision. “Notably, together with the passport, the money only had to be hidden for a short time for him to leave the country.”

I always thought the second passport was suspicious. Now it's being said that Zimmerman and his wife discussed the passport while he was in jail?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Looking at his income loss over not being able to work, his wifes income loss not being able to work, housing costs, food costs, utilities of housing (since you won't be able to live where you were living), and huge lawyer fees, don't you think 150k is going to be a drop in the bucket..... Like I said, if he was planning to leave the country when he wasn't in jail, HE WOULD BE GONE.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Conspiring to hide $150,000+ and hiding a passport don't indicate a desire to leave the country?

So, you've had an unlawful "bounty" placed on you for the "crime" of shooting someone in self-defense (as you see it) and the law has done NOTHING to protect you from that threat, but is pursuing you instead. You've raised money for your legal defense, but there's still that nagging question: is the legal and law enforcement system going to let me get lynched before I get to trial? I'd want the resources for a backup plan, but that doesn't mean I'd run unless my life was in jeopardy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looking at his income loss over not being able to work, his wifes income loss not being able to work, housing costs, food costs, utilities of housing (since you won't be able to live where you were living), and huge lawyer fees, don't you think 150k is going to be a drop in the bucket..... Like I said, if he was planning to leave the country when he wasn't in jail, HE WOULD BE GONE.

I thought he was unemployed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom