• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have a reasonable expectation to be able to walk through a public thoroughfare without harassment. If a local holster sniffer is hassling me for walking down a sidewalk, I'd tell him to get bent. Mr Blart had no authority to make demands of this kid if he was in a public space. If he was on private property, that is for the police and the owner of that property to deal with. If Mr Blart think he needs to police my property, he won't like me when I'm through. MYOFB.
    I would agree with this but as far as I know I don't think Zimmerman broke any law by following Martin and verbally confronting him.

Now if that is the only thing that happened and Martin said 'Screw You!" and proceeded to continue walking and Zimmerman tried to physically restrain him then Martin had every right to take Zimmerman down and I would therefore agree that Zimmerman should be sitting in a jail cell right now.

The problem is I have yet to see any evidence of who actually started the physical altercation and I don't believe it has even been established at this point.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Sanford city manager says they were barred from arresting Trayvon Martin

What passes for the "media" these days is really sad. The officials in Sanford have made clear that, under Florida law, Zimmerman was not guilty of a crime at the scene. Nothing has changed except for the sensationalist media and activists DESPERATELY wanting this to be a white on black crime. They must have it and by God they're not going to be denied. The latest? Yep....Zimmerman is now being called a "White Hispanic." Read the text of the letter from Sanford and then see how this loser, trying to pass himself off as media, spins it to be what he wants.

Under Florida law, Zimmerman is guilty of nothing but the self-defense he claimed. If Floridians don't like it, they need to change their law. There is no role for the f___ing federal government to play here. Let's move on to something newsworthy.

Last edited:

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    After reading all these posts, I just don't know what to say.
    Just want to say how crazy it is to see polar opposite observations from the same limited information.
    Some want to paint him as an innocent child and others that the watchman was defending himself.
    Nothing is clean about this.
    The media has been spinning it to pull on your heart strings and initiate hatred towards: whites and gun owners.
    (and the guy was Latino...not white)

How easy it is to bait people to hatred and violent action.
    Just the same as beating the war drums to attack the evil brown people in the middle east...GO USA!

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    ... and kid gets killed? What sort if doctrine Is that? No obligation to retreat on the street? I predict an "Occupy" moment around Zimm's house, and he won't escape the fires. The people in the street are very mad and very armed, and an innocent (opinion) skittles-armed youte has been killed. Stand back. EBG
    No, the fact is the FL Police didn't investigate the shootng fully. They didn't talk to witnesses. They didn't do a lot of things.

In WI they did not take the word of the shooter and the LEO's were right down the street when it happened, having just visited the location of the loud party per the shooters Non-emergency phone call. In WI the kid was shot INSIDE the house and they still did a FULL investigation.

How does any shooting take place that does not trigger a full investigation? Oh look the shooter has a bloody nose, he must be innocent? Would you expect to shoot someone and not be investigated? There may even be more to this story.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    the shooter is Hispanic.
    Blacks often profile Blacks

Whites will profile Whites

Profiling takes place inside the mind based on many things. Profiling works.

If you profile based on race, you probably violated a persons civil rights and screwed up because you did it based on emotion, not facts. In this case, a kid with skittles is dead. The shooter profiled the kid. That is clear to anyone who knows much about the process.

cexshun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Portage
    According to a statement released by the City of Sanford, "The City of Sanford is committed to insuring that justice is served and, therefore, the City of
    Sanford has contacted the United States Attorney General’s Office for assistance in this matter."

So yeah, the Feds didn't force their way into anything. They were invited.

The full statement:
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Blacks often profile Blacks

Whites will profile Whites

Profiling takes place inside the mind based on many things. Profiling works.

If you profile based on race, you probably violated a persons civil rights and screwed up because you did it based on emotion, not facts. In this case, a kid with skittles is dead. The shooter profiled the kid. That is clear to anyone who knows much about the process.

I profile everyone :twocents:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Anybody else see the Sanford,fl police chief and prosecutor have both stepped down for a while?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The media's emphasis on race is contemptible. It is almost as if they are trying to inflame passions among African-Americans and Hispanics.

They must be rebuked for that, but that is beyond the scope of the criminal investigation.
    The media is generally contemptible on the best of days when it reports such events. EVERYTHING boils down to race.

Which is not to say that is never a factor. But the media loves to rub salt in wounds.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Alan Gottleib, from the SAF, doesn't think the shooter is going to be able to use the stand your ground defence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=snd0pnEgm5c

Exactly what has this to do with "stand your ground?" If, as the witnesses allege, that the shootee was on top of the shooter beating him, what was the opportunity for escape at that point? I know a lot of our resident chest thumpers on here think that if Zimmerman even glanced sideways at this young man that all notion of reasonable force goes out the window and he is permitted to beat him to death and Zimmerman should just have allowed that. I see it differently, but, in any case, this particular law is being used as a scapegoat by the radical anti-gunners in league with the race hucksters. The get a "two-fer" if they pull this off, new life into pushing anti-gun laws and a race martyr. The Left is lynching Zimmerman and the law at the same time to advance it's agenda. Disgusting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Alan Gottleib, from the SAF, doesn't think the shooter is going to be able to use the stand your ground defence.

When does Strictly Against Firearms have any experience with criminal law?:dunno:

Exactly what has this to do with "stand your ground?" If, as the witnesses allege, that the shootee was on top of the shooter beating him, what was the opportunity for escape at that point?

Yup.

The Left is lynching Zimmerman and the law at the same time to advance it's agenda. Disgusting.

Yup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom