Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am positive that I can locate several threads on INGO that identify a black perpetrator and a white victim. I don't ever recall the objection to race being brought up, but anytime the tables are turned the first question is, "Why does race need to be brought up?"

Since no one can seem to agree even on what particular race Zimmerman is, I'm not sure what purpose highlighting race serves except to inflame. It seems that me that Zimmerman was something of a pain in the a** to police and if they thought there was compelling evidence he would be sitting in jail.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The media's emphasis on race is contemptible. It is almost as if they are trying to inflame passions among African-Americans and Hispanics.

They must be rebuked for that, but that is beyond the scope of the criminal investigation.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Since no one can seem to agree even on what particular race Zimmerman is, I'm not sure what purpose highlighting race.....

While I agree that the media is probably using race to sell their goods....

I'm sure you already know this, but you don't have to be white to be racist. Anyone, no matter what race, can be racist.....

So yes, a Hispanic can be racist against African-Americans, and African-American can be racist against Caucasians, Japanese can be racist against Chinese, etc, etc,

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    While I agree that the media is probably using race to sell their goods....

I'm sure you already know this, but you don't have to be white to be racist. Anyone, no matter what race, can be racist.....

So yes, a Hispanic can be racist against African-Americans, and African-American can be racist against Caucasians, Japanese can be racist against Chinese, etc, etc,

I think you're missing the point. At first the narrative from the press was "evil lily white guy brutally murders defenseless African-American infant." Then NWC's father says that Zimmerman is Hispanic and his family "multi-racial" which impairs the media circus, because the media like to call Hispanics non-white nearly all the time when they are trying to create and inflame racial differences. The standard "whites are inherently racist' line from the press and race huckster fellow travelers can't be easily grafted onto this case, so now "punks" and "these people" are turned into "racial slurs." It's so obvious to all but the most gullible that it would be funny if the stakes weren't so high.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    IT cant be racist unless the shooter was white... White guy kills any other race its a racist crime, black guy kills black guy it was just a shooting.. STOP WITH THE RACE BS!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The only thing factual that we truly know is that the police department involved, after conducting their own investigation at the scene, chose NOT to arrest the shooter. That tells us more than countless hours of liberal media coverage that is designed to produce a desired outcome. Sadly, the operatives involved have now manufactured a "racial slur" so that the feds can get involved. We have no clue if this shoot was good or not. All any of us have is the liberal media's attempt to paint the picture they want us to see. There are countless quotes from this thread with members proclaiming "the shoot did this" or "the kid didn't do that." How the hell do you know? Answer: you don't.
    The only thing the lack of arrest tells us is that the possibility of self-defense required a much more thorough investigation than could be completed on the scene.

Whatever Zimmerman's story of the events is, he better not change it at all and the facts better back it up. Any break in that wall and he will be in a lot of trouble.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    What real investigations take time? They need to get CSI Miami there on scene they could have solved it in 45 min.
    I predict a draw in that they NWC will be charged with something but will get off at trial.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There's a lot going on with this beyond the actual incident. While race may have been involved, I don't think it's a major factor. It appears Zimmerman initiated contact and confronted Martin. Martin therefore had the advantage, provided I understand the "stand your ground" part of the Florida law. Seems to me Martin had the right to shoot Zimmerman.

Early on the police chief in this investigation made a comment that he didn't want to be sued over Zimmerman's right to not retreat. Is there a hidden motive here? There's already a lot of talk about watering down a law designed to protect law abiding people. I think we all want justice here, but are some implying that justice cannot be served under the current Florida law?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's a lot going on with this beyond the actual incident. While race may have been involved, I don't think it's a major factor. It appears Zimmerman initiated contact and confronted Martin. Martin therefore had the advantage, provided I understand the "stand your ground" part of the Florida law. Seems to me Martin had the right to shoot Zimmerman.

Early on the police chief in this investigation made a comment that he didn't want to be sued over Zimmerman's right to not retreat. Is there a hidden motive here? There's already a lot of talk about watering down a law designed to protect law abiding people. I think we all want justice here, but are some implying that justice cannot be served under the current Florida law?
    If Zimmerman only verbally confronted Martin then why would that give Martin the right to shoot him?

Then on the other hand if after Zimmerman verbally confronted Martin and Martin was the one that initiated the physical contact and ended up on top of Zimmerman beating the tar out of him then would that not give Zimmerman the advantage as far as the stand your ground so to speak?

Last edited:

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    Watch captain should watch. Not intercept, not detain. If watch captain was close enough to get a bruised face, he was too close.

I have sons about this kid's age. If some adult gets within distance, I would expect my sons to flee, if possible, or fight, bite, kick & gouge if unable to flee.

P.S.
    A smart@$$ answer to watch captain's questions is not a crime.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I am trying to set aside race, as well, so what's wrong?
    Race probably was an issue. I will bet money they will easily be able to prove profiling on the part of the shooter based on his own prior actions. Stats don't lie. People do but stats don't. Race was probably an issue as for why the Cops didn't even do the basics of their job.

Besides the fact the shooter ran this kid down and forced a confrontation. I will add, with an unarmed kid.

We teach our kids "Stranger Danger" If a kid with skittles runs, don't assume he is guilty.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a reasonable expectation to be able to walk through a public thoroughfare without harassment. If a local holster sniffer is hassling me for walking down a sidewalk, I'd tell him to get bent. Mr Blart had no authority to make demands of this kid if he was in a public space. If he was on private property, that is for the police and the owner of that property to deal with. If Mr Blart think he needs to police my property, he won't like me when I'm through. MYOFB.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That depends on what was said.
    If no one knows what was actually said then it would only classify it as a verbal confrontation. Can't base anything as far as whether he had a right to shoot without actual proof as to what was said such as if Zimmerman threatened to shoot Martin or cause him SBH.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    So, kid pursues Kapitan into Kapitan's Kastle ...

... and kid gets killed? What sort if doctrine Is that? No obligation to retreat on the street? I predict an "Occupy" moment around Zimm's house, and he won't escape the fires. The people in the street are very mad and very armed, and an innocent (opinion) skittles-armed youte has been killed. Stand back. EBG
    This is what they didn't do in Florida and absolutely should have done. First test case of the new Wisconsin Castle law. The shooter/home owner will not be charged.

http://www.wisn.com/download/2012/0321/30733454.pdf

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest - Yahoo! News

Tragic, unfortunately, I am all too familiar with these type of "suspicious" calls. Though lacking in some facts, it appears that the "Captain" should be charged asap.

Don't jump to conclusions yet. I just read an account by an eye-witness, that stated the shooter was on the ground, calling for help, and was being beaten by the teen. the teen is a 6'2" football player. The witness ran inside to call police...and then heard the shot.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Race probably was an issue. I will bet money they will easily be able to prove profiling on the part of the shooter based on his own prior actions. Stats don't lie. People do but stats don't. Race was probably an issue as for why the Cops didn't even do the basics of their job.

Besides the fact the shooter ran this kid down and forced a confrontation. I will add, with an unarmed kid.

We teach our kids "Stranger Danger" If a kid with skittles runs, don't assume he is guilty.

the shooter is Hispanic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom