• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I'm a bit confused; just who exactly are the "those people" who are in an "uproar" over this charging? I thought the Sharptonites were in an uproar over the non-charging?

The only folks potentially in an uproar over this charging that I'm aware of are diehard Zimmerman supporters. Somehow I don't know that griffin, jake46184, etc are the rioting type.

Joe

Fargo, you came back so soon? I thought we agreed you were going to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while. Maybe now's the time to start.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This almost has to go to trial now. Air out all the evidence and see just how many of the 'facts' we've been hearing the last 1 1/2 months stand up under scrutiny.

And then see if there is a real possibility that Zimmerman did not commit 2nd degree murder.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    He's already been tried and convicted by the media and public opinion (not sure which one influences the other). They're just going through the formality.

Oh yeah, Stand Your Ground is next on the target list.
    "Next" is being optimistic. There is a lot being said by a lot of people about modifying and/or repealing the Florida law.

EDIT: As CarmelHP points out, this goes beyond Florida.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is exactly the same thing, The pressure has been applied.
    Well Martin's family and sharpton and whoever else said all we wanted was an arrest and we'll go from there. Looks like they got their arrest.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well Martin's family and sharpton and whoever else said all we wanted was an arrest and we'll go from there. Looks like they got their arrest.

What will they come back for tomorrow? I rather doubt that they will sit back and relax and declare, "We got everything we asked for" if Zimmerman walks out of court free.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    What will they come back for tomorrow? I rather doubt that they will sit back and relax and declare, "We got everything we asked for" if Zimmerman walks out of court free.

I would be surprised as well. I'm sure the lying media will make it difficult for them to even try and accept such a verdict.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'd rather not change the lives of more than a few people simply because I couldn't deal with the fact that someone punched me several times and I didn't have the skill to properly defend myself without taking their life.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were a young kid with a lot to prove.

Age, size discrepancy, physical (dis)ability... their can be a variety of reasons why this makes no sense.

Every one makes their own decisions. For those decisions come consequences. If you decide to put your life into someones hands, who attacked you without provocation, that's on you. I guess if they beat you unconscious and take your gun, watch and wallet while you are out, it's ok... because you 'took it like a man'. A few hits can easily incapacitate someone, even a seasoned fighter.

The streets aren't a play ground. A person goes around assaulting someone else while they are walking down the street, they get to play by the big boys rules. Big boy consequences include death.

Since you don't like actor or John Wayne quotes, here is a music quote: "Don't want *****? Don't start *****."

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If I didn't know better, I'd say you were a young kid with a lot to prove.

Age, size discrepancy, physical (dis)ability... their can be a variety of reasons why this makes no sense.

Every one makes their own decisions. For those decisions come consequences. If you decide to put your life into someones hands, who attacked you without provocation, that's on you. I guess if they beat you unconscious and take your gun, watch and wallet while you are out, it's ok... because you 'took it like a man'. A few hits can easily incapacitate someone, even a seasoned fighter.

The streets aren't a play ground. A person goes around assaulting someone else while they are walking down the street, they get to play by the big boys rules. Big boy consequences include death.

Since you don't like actor or John Wayne quotes, here is a music quote: "Don't want *****? Don't start *****."

Nope, not a young kid with anything to prove. If you'd have actually read (and understood what you read) other posts, you'd quickly be able to understand that I don't go looking for trouble. Just like many others in the world, I've gotten into fights. That doesn't mean I've got anything to prove. It means that more than 1 person made a stupid decision and used fists instead of their minds.

When one person chooses to confront another, they should have the mental capacity to allow them to avoid physical confrontation (not allow the situation to escalate via verbal abilities). If you look at the assumed paths by BOTH parties involved, it doesn't show Martin doubling back to attack Zimmerman. Sure, we don't have every detail but if the assumed paths are correct...Zimmerman was the one that made the stupid decision to corner another person. He was just lucky enough to have a gun as he didn't have the skill to handle himself. Don't want :poop:, don't go looking for :poop:...you might find it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I haven't taken a beating in over 51 years and am not going to start now.

Learn to understand what you read. Taking a beating doesn't mean to sit back and not fight back. I've already stated what I meant and that is I'm not going to shoot you because I lost a fist fight. If you want it to escalate with weapons, we can do that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Learn to understand what you read. Taking a beating doesn't mean to sit back and not fight back. I've already stated what I meant and that is I'm not going to shoot you because I lost a fist fight. If you want it to escalate with weapons, we can do that.

Tell me...If you are getting your head repetitively slammed into a brick wall by an individual not possessing a weapon and you have a handgun on your person, what are you going to do? Say to yourself that you are losing a fair fight and that is the way it is (and hope you don't have brain matter running out your ears before it is finished)?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

A couple of things I saw in Chicago when I lived there:

I saw a guy get hit in the face by a homeless man he told to **** off. He fell down, hit his head on the pavement and died of brain injuries in the hospital.

I saw another guy get shoved down some subway stairs. His neck was broken.

The street or sidewalk isn't the playground. We aren't kids anymore, and it's not covered with nice, soft grass.

So good luck with that. Maybe you'll survive, maybe you won't. But I guess being a dead tough guy beats being a live chicken****, right?

A few news stories for you to peruse at your leisure:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source....2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1138&bih=535

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'd never pull a gun in a fist fight unless a weapon of some kind ends up in the mix.. other than that, only fists will be flying.

But I guess being a dead tough guy beats being a live chicken****, right?

I'd rather be the dead tough guy, have more pride in myself.. if not, you'd probably end up like George Zimmerman.. a live chicken dealing with the criminal court!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Fargo, you came back so soon? I thought we agreed you were going to sit on the sidelines and watch for a while. Maybe now's the time to start.

I weep for whatever teacher was forced to try to teach you reading comprehension or logic...

Or perhaps they deserve to be fired...

Either way, lets try this one more time.

Read the appellate opinion, or have the nearest literate person read it to you as reading doesn't appear to be a strong suit.

Then, try to find someone with the patience to reduce it to words of less than two syllables for you so you can understand how factual lesser includeds can be removed from a jury via charging instrument.

Then get back to us.

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11