• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Absolutely! Those people would riot because it's Tuesday and they are wearing mismatched socks. Throw in something incendiary like a manufactured racial incident with the Jacksons and Sharptons of the world cheerleading and a riot is a foregone conclusion.

I'm a bit confused; just who exactly are the "those people" who are in an "uproar" over this charging? I thought the Sharptonites were in an uproar over the non-charging?

The only folks potentially in an uproar over this charging that I'm aware of are diehard Zimmerman supporters. Somehow I don't know that griffin, jake46184, etc are the rioting type.

Joe

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I probably won't riot either way....... just sayin'.

It looks like you are ready for a riot. Nice boots.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm a bit confused; just who exactly are the "those people" who are in an "uproar" over this charging? I thought the Sharptonites were in an uproar over the non-charging?

The only folks potentially in an uproar over this charging are diehard Zimmerman supporters. Somehow I don't know that Griffin, jake46184, etc are the rioting type.

Joe

have you ever been around them when there are tennis shoes available :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

The only folks potentially in an uproar over this charging are diehard Zimmerman supporters. Somehow I don't know that Griffin, jake46184, etc are the rioting type.

Joe

I am satisfied that the Jackson/Sharpton flunkies would riot if Zimmerman is not charged, if he is not convicted, and if he gets his neck stretched, they will riot to celebrate. I, for one, am completely sold on the notion that they are a riot searching for a reason/excuse/opportunity to happen.

Anything destructive from Zimmerman supporters I believe will be measured in words per minute.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

It looks like you are ready for a riot. Nice boots.

He was just getting ready to meet me for lunch. There was no rioting that afternoon.

And the "they" and "them" crap is disgusting. No wonder the MSM keeps up with the "us"/"them" crap. They've got an audience to preach to.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I am satisfied that the Jackson/Sharpton flunkies would riot if Zimmerman is not charged, if he is not convicted, and if he gets his neck stretched, they will riot to celebrate. I, for one, am completely sold on the notion that they are a riot searching for a reason/excuse/opportunity to happen.

Anything destructive from Zimmerman supporters I believe will be measured in words per minute.

And how do you explain the last 40 riot-free days of non-charging? They have had over a month of ample reason/excuse/opportunity.

I'm always a bit concerned when people start using phrases like "those people" and then us v. them-ing things up. It kinda looks like they are making this about race...

Joe

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And how do you explain the last 40 riot-free days of non-charging? They have had over a month of ample reason/excuse/opportunity.

We found out today. AG Holder had sent out a team of "Peacemakers" to keep calm in the community. A cynical person might think there had been some assurances given that there would be charges. If not by the State then by the Feds.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    We found out today. AG Holder had sent out a team of "Peacemakers" to keep calm in the community. A cynical person might think there had been some assurances given that there would be charges. If not by the State then by the Feds.

Oh, you are probably at least partially correct as regards Al and Jessie. However, I don't know how they could get that word out to the troops without it hitting the news.

Best,

Joe

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I'm always a bit concerned when people start using phrases like "those people" and then us v. them-ing things up. It kinda looks like they are making this about race...

Joe

Perhaps I should have been more clear. I make no apology for invoking 'those people' (although I failed to define them as those who indeed are making this a race issue rather than a rule of law issues, as it should be) nor do I make any apology for recalling that it has happened before and although they managed to be forbearing for several weeks as you mentioned, I do not believe that they would have been willing, nor will be willing in the future, to accept any outcome that does not involve an unpleasant future for Zimmerman, truth be damned. I will also point out that the net result rarely has much to do with the actual perceived offense with the riots following the not guilty verdicts in the first Rodney King case resulting in vandalism, destruction, and theft of property from people who had absolutely nothing to do with the perceived offense. I cannot, however, claim surprise, as mob violence is inherently irrational and under such circumstances it would be unreasonable to expect rational behavior.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Perhaps I should have been more clear. I make no apology for invoking 'those people' (although I failed to define them as those who indeed are making this a race issue rather than a rule of law issues, as it should be) nor do I make any apology for recalling that it has happened before and although they managed to be forbearing for several weeks as you mentioned, I do not believe that they would have been willing, nor will be willing in the future, to accept any outcome that does not involve an unpleasant future for Zimmerman, truth be damned. I will also point out that the net result rarely has much to do with the actual perceived offense with the riots following the not guilty verdicts in the first Rodney King case resulting in vandalism, destruction, and theft of property from people who had absolutely nothing to do with the perceived offense. I cannot, however, claim surprise, as mob violence is inherently irrational and under such circumstances it would be unreasonable to expect rational behavior.

And I ask again, how do you explain the last 40 days???

Joe

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I think that Zimmerman should be convicted without a trial and sentenced to death before the week's end to avoid a riot.

Be that as it may, I am satisfied that Zimmerman has been charged. Too many questions about this situation from the beginning. I'm just hoping that they stretching this thing out as long as possible to let the dust settle and in hopes of the shooter getting a fair trial so that we only have to go through this once.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    He's already been tried and convicted by the media and public opinion (not sure which one influences the other). They're just going through the formality.

Oh yeah, Stand Your Ground is next on the target list.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

And I ask again, how do you explain the last 40 days???

Joe

As you can see, I previously addressed the issue. Forced to speculate, I would say that they are content with the implied threat for the time being. If you want anything more definitive, you will have to poll those who are vocalizing without rioting for the time being and then assume they are telling you the truth. Beyond that, we are left to assumptions; However, I do not consider that indicative in any way that we are assured of anything in particular regarding future behavior aside from observing that so far as I can tell, it does not bode well. My best guess is that they chose not to throw a first-class tantrum before being told 'no'.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have taken a beating like a man before without grabbing a weapon. It wouldn't be the first time and it probably won't be the last time. If asking them WTF they were doing on private property from 30 feet (had them lit up with a pretty powerful flashlight) is aggressive, I guess I was more aggressive than Zimmerman. I didn't step foot off the porch and wasn't using an overly aggressive tone. As already mentioned, I've taken beatings quite a few times. I wouldn't say that I'd be smiling while taking the beating because I thought I deserved it but I'm not pulling a weapon on someone that is simply throwing fists. If they have more skill than I do, I take a beating like a man. I've done that in 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 situations before. I've also came out in a bit better condition during a 2 on 1 situation. Once again, you throw fists and that is it...I'm not pulling a knife, club, baseball bat, gun, rocket launcher, or anything else. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. It isn't a big deal.

I simply can't wrap my mind around that thought process. That *might* be good advice for a elementary school child. The real world isn't swing sets and jungle gyms. Perhaps having been in emergency services or on a level one trauma team spanning 3 different decades has left with a different view of reality. In my world consequences from a beating can be a very "big deal".

I don't walk around looking for fights. If a confrontation occurs, I'm going to be 'in the right'.

Why would anyone want to get beat down if they could prevent it and they didn't instigate it? Bizarre.

I can't imagine, in my daily life, getting into a fight where I would be at fault. If I'm attacked without provocation, I will use any and all means at my disposal to end the fight as quickly as possible, while attempting to take the least amount of damage possible.

If that means I have to bash some guy in the head with a can of creamed corn as I walk across the Meijer parking lot or dump a mag into their chest, I'm going home alive and as intact as possible when it's all said and done.

I don't care if the guy is bare handed or their is one or fifty of them. In a civilized society, people don't walk around physically assaulting other people.

You want to lay hands on me? You're /*-*ed. Whatever it takes.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    John Wayne

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I simply can't wrap my mind around that thought process. That *might* be good advice for a elementary school child. The real world isn't swing sets and jungle gyms. Perhaps being in emergency services or on a level one trauma team spanning 3 different decades has left with a different view of reality. In my world consequences from a beating can be a very "big deal".

I don't walk around looking for fights. If a confrontation occurs, I'm going to be 'in the right'.

Why would anyone want to get down if they could prevent it and they didn't instigate it? Bizarre.

I can't imagine, in my daily life, getting into a fight where I would be at fault. If I'm attacked without provocation, I will use any and all means at my disposal to end the fight as quickly as possible, while attempting to take the least amount of damage possible.

If that means I have to bash some guy in the head with a can of creamed corn as I walk across the Meijer parking lot or dump a mag into their chest, I'm going home alive and as intact as possible when it's all said and done.

I don't care if the guy is bare handed or their is one or fifty of them. In a civilized society, people don't walk around physically assaulting other people.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    John Wayne

Excellent post. Dad said "Don't start a fight, but if you are in one, be sure to finish it."

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I simply can't wrap my mind around that thought process.

Why would anyone want to get down if they could prevent it and they didn't instigate it? Bizarre.

John Wayne

My thought process is that if you punch me, I don't shoot you. If someone is escalating past fists, I'd have no problem doing what I needed even if it had a fatal outcome. I don't walk around looking for fights but there are some idiots that do. Quite often it is because they can't handle their alcohol or they're trying to compensate for some shortcoming. I'd rather not change the lives of more than a few people simply because I couldn't deal with the fact that someone punched me several times and I didn't have the skill to properly defend myself without taking their life. If you want to stab me, make sure you know how to retain the knife or I'll do my best to make sure you get cut. If you come with a gun (and I don't have mine), make sure you use it or I'll do my best to take it and use it on you.

Not being afraid of taking a beating like a man is in regards to what people would consider a "fair fight". As far as what John Wayne says about protecting himself...not too concerned as he was an entertainer. I also don't put too much stock in movie quotes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom