• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .....My daughter hates coats. Kirk, may I allow her to get in the car in the cold garage without one, and then wait for the car to warm up? Or will you call DCFS? ....

That's dangerous, Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer.

[video=youtube;9PHNAHmXORA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PHNAHmXORA#t=11[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's dangerous, Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer.

Pffft, applying INGO logic, all one has to do is not believe in it and it won't kill you.

INGO: where the operating theory of the law and science comes from science fiction. Can't we just call this place "Spectre of the Gun"?

spectreofthegun2-500x378.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    She has had bronchitis before.

Ok, and so?

If your running the vehicle in the garage did not hurt your daughter why do you think DCS would be involved? Is running the car in the garage just a stalking horse for something else you are worried about?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not a sob story. It's what happens. Some people suck at parenting.

Perhaps you are in the wrong line of work. You could go to school and defend those who abuse their children. You'd do great!

Not accepting your homework assignments.

But if you don't believe me, just go ahead and send your daughter to school without a jacket. You'll find out for yourself what happens.

My kids have done that a lot in the past, I never got a phone call about it

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whatever criminal act you are accusing the lady of in your little story.

Crime? CHINS is not a criminal action.

So this is what it was, as always? Complete misunderstanding was to what transpires in court.

Do you understand what a CHINS is? Do you understand the legal standard? I can teach you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Crime? CHINS is not a criminal action.

So this is what it was, as always? Complete misunderstanding was to what transpires in court.

Do you understand what a CHINS is? Do you understand the legal standard? I can teach you.

As usual, I am discussing the spirit of the law and you are discussing the minutiae.

This is your usual tactic when you fail to defend your arguments.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As usual, I am discussing the spirit of the law and you are discussing the minutiae.

Spirit of the law? Is that in the penumbra? O Great Spirit, what is thy name?

What "spirit of the law" nonsense are you referencing?

This is your usual tactic when you fail to defend your arguments.

What argument am I making? I told you what can happen and you want to reject reality, like a good INGOtarian, and make a fool of yourself about warm clothing.

I am not arguing anything other than telling you about a far off, and distant to INGO. land called reality.

You still don't understand CHINs, do you?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In an honest effort to rerail this thread, it is easy to pick on KF's single float in the parade of horribles. Whatevs. Let's argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

In my family, there are some cousins who came into this world in a seriously f'd up situation. Despite serious, loving efforts to help them, in different ways, they made seriously bad choices. One cousin in particular became hooked on a variety of drugs and had a couple kids. DCS got involved at the request of one of our relatives - one that knew the true depth of the deplorable conditions and treatment. A long time... like years... passed and eventually the parental rights were terminated.

It was not easy. It should not be easy.

My cousin was given every opportunity, a multitude of second chances to make better choices. It was the kind of thing that would get press coverage if it went just a little differently. Within the family, there was talk of adopting the kids, but it really wasn't workable. They were eventually adopted by a wonderful, loving couple. Hopefully, this new generation will have a better chance than their parent did.

I share this as an example of how the system works. The system - at least based on my personal and professional experience - in Indiana is not like what is happening in the OP.

It is the internet. We can argue about everything. But, to be intellectually honest, we cannot create a laundry list of specific things that will warrant DCS intervention. That is the truth of what KF is saying. The system is set up to provide due process. That system must be flexible enough to handle the infinite variety of human neglect, depravity, and abandonment.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    What argument am I making? I told you what can happen and you want to reject reality, like a good INGOtarian, and make a fool of yourself about warm clothing.

I am not arguing anything other than telling you about a far off, and distant to INGO. land called reality.

You still don't understand CHINs, do you?

Nobody here is arguing about what will happen. We all know that statists like yourself will take our kids away at the drop of a self-righteous hat.

We are arguing about what should happen. If you are not arguing that these things we're discussing should happen then we are in complete agreement.

May be the first time... ever... anywhere... anyone has stated they don't understand why coats are worn in cold weather. :scratch:

I do understand why. I do not agree that you can blame every sickness on the lack of a coat. Not with enough certainty to begin taking children from their parents.

Top Bottom