• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is so lunatic on INGO now that I am defending wearing warm clothing when it is cold.

If anyone thinks that they can abuse a child by not treating disease or dog bites, or the parents lying around stoned all day or not providing warm clothing or food for your children, you are in for a rude awakening when you grow up.

I can't speak for anybody else but isn't there a line that gets crossed when somebody is intentionally or through criminal neglect abuses their child and when a children's hospital takes custody of a child because there's a disagreement over whether the child has mitacondreal (sp?) disease (eg. Justina Pelletera)? There are extremes. And I realize it's internet 101 to argue points by rolling out extremes to point out the weaknesses of the other persons' arguments. But it seems reasonable to me we ought to expect the .gov to butt out except in dire, extreme, and emergency situations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But it seems reasonable to me we ought to expect the .gov to butt out except in dire, extreme, and emergency situations.

I don't disagree. In fact I think "probable cause" in CHINS should be raised to more likely than naught and the whole standard (and evidentiary practices) have serious reforms.

However, the problem is that we have people who have such a problem with being told when to go to bed when they were kids, that any exercise of lawful authority is a Crime Against Humanity.

Lunatic flailing against things that they have no understanding of does not help their position.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    See what I mean? Good grief, bunny.:D

Being cold lowers your immunity.

If you think you can not provide children warm clothing, you have another thing coming.

I'd like you to provide a source showing that a child traveling between buildings without a jacket for short periods of time lowers your immunity enough that you could realistically claim it to be the primary cause in a case of bronchitis.

You won't find one, so I'll move on.

What kind of jacket does Kirk Freeman, parenting expert require? Is a hoodie ok? What temperature ranges may I allow my child be jacket less before the good Barrister had them taken away?

My daughter hates coats. Kirk, may I allow her to get in the car in the cold garage without one, and then wait for the car to warm up? Or will you call DCFS?

may I keep a gun in my home? Will you try to take my kids away if it doesn't have a trigger lock?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'd like you to provide a source showing that a child traveling between buildings without a jacket for short periods of time lowers your immunity enough that you could realistically claim it to be the primary cause in a case of bronchitis.

I gave you one, ace.

If you are not keeping up with the last medical research, that is on you.

You won't find one, so I'll move on.

Gave you one that was just released today. If you can't keep up because you were busy in a phone conference with Jenny McCarty, I understand.

My daughter hates coats.

Dear God.

Kirk, may I allow her to get in the car in the cold garage without one, and then wait for the car to warm up? Or will you call DCFS?

That's on you. If you let her get sick and cough up blood, then that is on you. You should not be surprised if you fail to provide warm clothing for her that you will face a CHINS. But you already know that.

may I keep a gun in my home? Will you try to take my kids away if it doesn't have a trigger lock?

So, you are saying your children have hurt someone with your guns then?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I gave you one, ace.

If you are not keeping up with the last medical research, that is on you.

Gave you one that was just released today. If you can't keep up because you were busy in a phone conference with Jenny McCarty, I understand.

Perhaps you will explain to me how a jacket will protect your nasal passages from cold air? Or your bronchials? And do you think there may be a difference between living in cold temperatures (which is the subject of this study) and enduring them for brief moments between buildings?

Dear God.

That's on you. If you let her get sick and cough up blood, then that is on you. You should not be surprised if you fail to provide warm clothing for her that you will face a CHINS. But you already know that.

So if I've allowed her to be chilly, and she gets sick, you'd try to have her removed?

Do you see how ridiculous these arbitrary standards are?

So, you are saying your children have hurt someone with your guns then?

No. But if the opinion of a doctor trumps my medical decisions, why not 2A decisions?

Kids kill each other with unsecured guns all the time. Why not remove the children from the home before they can?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So if I've allowed her to be chilly, and she gets sick, you'd try to have her removed?

Put your guns down, L. Neil, I don't work for DCS.

It doesn't work that way, your purposeful obtuseness to the contrary.

What if my grass is too long? take the kids away?

Crawl down from your cross, ace.

You just get a ticket from the Health Department or the City Engineer for the ordinance violation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You're telling the sob story about the bad mother and how you think the state should intervene.

Not a sob story. It's what happens. Some people suck at parenting.

Speaking of sucking at parenting and jackets, here's a INGOtarian Mother of the Year: http://patch.com/illinois/homewood-flossmoor/woman-charged-child-endangerment-flossmoor-0

More kids dying from the cold: http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/250628011.html

Without definitive knowledge of cold weather acting upon children's bodies, perhaps you are in the wrong line of work. You could go to school and defend those who abuse their children. You'd do great!

Now defend it.

Not accepting your homework assignments.

But if you don't believe me, just go ahead and send your daughter to school without a jacket. You'll find out for yourself what happens.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did you or did you not present your story as an example of a justified state intervention?

Sorry, not part of DCS.

If you want to not clothe your daughter, let us know what happens.

Some people suck at parenting. When one's parenting puts a child at imminent risk of bodily injury or death, then the state can meddle. That's sort of the reason we have government.

If you think you have the right to hurt others, society will swiftly disabuse of that notion.

Top Bottom