• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Just so you don't feel like you're missing out...

Dude-Looks-Like-a-Lady--29017.jpg

Dude, if you've just gotta wear make up, shave! When I worked mid shift part time at a Circle K in Albuquerque, I had a regular customer who always came in wearing dresses and makeup, with hair sticking out all over the place. Frankly, if someone wants to run around in drag, it doesn't bother me a bit. It's their business, after all. But the hair... why go halfway? Shave, darn it!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    INGO was charging for stickers and patches today. I got them for free in January.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I spent over $1K there today, and didn't get exactly what I thought I got on EITHER item I bought. Kinda bummed.

Met Cat-Herder before the show, I saw Longbow at 21st Century, but he ran off before I could say hey, I met Jahred (gamez235) at 21st Century, saw ZbornacSVT in one of the aisles and chatted a bit, saw IndyMonkey slaving at Tactical Shotgunner, and I saw this guy:

31310INGOSKSShoot2.jpg

He was busy bargaining at one of the tables, but I couldn't see what he was haggling for. btw, who is this?

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I saw something I want, I want, I want!!!

I spent 4 hours there today and looked and looked and looked. Hot, very packed, talked to some great people. Wore my bacon INGO bacon patch and no one noticed. Had to ask someone for a knife to cut the wire tie on my carry.

So I went home and figured out my taxes to see if I would have some cash for it. I DO! Going back tomorrow to see if it is still there. I will update if I pick it up.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Friday was the day I had free time, like always I get there early to be close to the door. Met Mudcat, had a good long discussion with him, and talk about being a small world, as we were talking, found out that a gentlemen I had worked with in the coal mines was relation to a good friend of his. Also met a new member here at INGO, I wish I could remember his username, he seemed like a nice young man. He also brought his children with him, he's bringing them up right. Finally got my INGO cap, and everything else I went for, plus some other items. Oh well, I'll be back for the next show. :patriot:

Stay Strong.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My son who's a fellow INGO, bought a Colt AR upper, HBAR, complete
    for 300.00....I checked it out an figured it was shot out, but the rifling
    looked really good, an had what appeared to have a M16 type bolt...had
    to wonder if these were ex military or law inforcment uppers...their were
    lots of them...then we went to ZX Guns to purchase a complete lower with
    a new stlye folding stock for 199.00 from DPMS...so he finally got a AR for
    500.00. Thought he did good...now we can shoot AR's together. I almost
    picked up a 5 digit tiger stripe Garand for 900.00...but didn't. Spent 5.00
    on a Army pin....she said this is my last one...do you know what divison it
    is so I can order more? I said its the 24th Inf. Div......an a guy asked how I
    knew that..I said I was in it! He said so was I. He was a Korean War Vet, an
    then had served in the 24th in the mid 60's before it deactivated...it started back
    up later an I served 82 to 84...we talked about it an we shook hands, shared
    some more stories...it was a good day there.

Last edited:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Ran into a guy with a SS Python Elite that wanted too much. I offered him what was a sensible amount and he thought about it. When he said no, I gave him my card, told him my offer stands and walked off. My phone rang about an hour later and who do you think it was but Python Guy. I got it for my offering price and walked away happy.

DSCF2005.jpg

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I spent over $1K there today, and didn't get exactly what I thought I got on EITHER item I bought. Kinda bummed.

Met Cat-Herder before the show, I saw Longbow at 21st Century, but he ran off before I could say hey, I met Jahred (gamez235) at 21st Century, saw ZbornacSVT in one of the aisles and chatted a bit, saw IndyMonkey slaving at Tactical Shotgunner, and I saw this guy:

Picture removed to save space.

He was busy bargaining at one of the tables, but I couldn't see what he was haggling for. btw, who is this?

That would be me, what table was I at?

The only 2 things I picked up from the 1500 were a matech buis and a Magpul moe grip. Sold a whole bunch of stuff though.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Ok so I am not saying a man wearing purple dress (or shirt as it happened to be on Friday) is a good idea at a gun show, but the cross dressing late 50'ish year old is a self admitted "screwed up" Vietnam Combat Vet.

I'm not saying I understand the way his mental problems have manifested, but I hope no one is mean to him to his face.

He is still one of our troops that did what he had to do and is forever suffering the menal consequences.

Sorry to be a bummer about a light hearted, and funny, topic but I thought maybe everyone would maybe at least understand him a little better.

Besides, according to Greg at Beech Grove Firearms, he is a great customer and a pro gunner!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    That would be me, what table was I at?

The only 2 things I picked up from the 1500 were a matech buis and a Magpul moe grip. Sold a whole bunch of stuff though.
    You were in the south pavilion, and whatever you were haggling for was about $18 bucks if I heard right. You were with two other dudes, and busy with the seller, so I moved along. I stood right next to you for about 2-3 minutes, but I was talking to my buddy about some AK parts.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, if you can't find the INGO booth then you aren't looking! INGO is being hosted by Indiana Supply Depot and we are set up in the Southwest corner of the center building. The table group that we are a part of also hosts Urban ERT Slings, Tactical Shotgunner and Civilian Defense Company.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Ok so I am not saying a man wearing purple dress (or shirt as it happened to be on Friday) is a good idea at a gun show, but the cross dressing late 50'ish year old is a self admitted "screwed up" Vietnam Combat Vet.

I'm not saying I understand the way his mental problems have manifested, but I hope no one is mean to him to his face.

He is still one of our troops that did what he had to do and is forever suffering the menal consequences.

Sorry to be a bummer about a light hearted, and funny, topic but I thought maybe everyone would maybe at least understand him a little better.

Besides, according to Greg at Beech Grove Firearms, he is a great customer and a pro gunner!

If he has mental problems, then how in the world is he allowed to have guns?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If he has mental problems, then how in the world is he allowed to have guns?

Hey don't you read the news? Didn't you know that anyone who spends the money for a gun and carries them have mental problems? Those gun activists know what they are talking about...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went on Friday. The highlight was running into IndyMonkey and some other friends from the Atterbury Shooting League. I ended up coming home with 100 primed Winchester 7.62x54R cases, a Fobus holster for my Kimber as well as one for a pair of mags and a pair of mags for my Sig P238. Also, a Gadson plate for the front of my truck.

Overall, I did not see anything that was either cheap or interesting. I did see a Kimber Ultra Carry II for $799, but I can get that at Elmores for $765 and paid $769 at Bradis for the one I have. There were lots of $400+ Bersas and other stuff that was way over priced. It was probably not my best show experience, but that might be because I did my taxes the night before and am still stunned at what I have to send to the government.

Top Bottom