• mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Just brought mine home - 4.6". A couple impressions right out of the box:

The trigger is super gritty. Not sure why they don't use the same setup as the shields because those things have amazing triggers right out of the box. I think the grittiness is coming from the bar riding on the plunger and from the plunger itself. I am going to try to polish up the bar and end of the plunger but for some reason, they designed it so that you have to remove the rear site in order to remove the plunger which is not convenient. I hate to throw off the sites before I even shoot it.

Also, there is a spring protruding from the side and back of the front rail. The rear of it is hooked. I watched a YT video where someone mentioned he thought it was wrong and he was going to remove the rail and reset it underneath. I think this is the way it was designed as it seems to sit in a groove in the rail. seems kind of janky.
    I had the same observation about the trigger bar and the plunger. Thought I would polish it but decided to order an Apex instead. The 10mm trigger does not seem as good as the Shield Plus trigger, at least in my small in-store comparison of the triggers.

The trigger isn't bad but the pre-travel is long and the reset weak. The break is pretty good and right around 5.5 pounds. The new flat face trigger shoe is much better than the old hinged trigger.

Also have a Holosun 507c with the acss vulcan reticle on the way.

Now magazines...

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Which trigger kit did you get and have you installed it yet? Looks like most of them come with a plunger. I am holding off on getting an optic for now. I am hoping they release the SCS for the vp9 soon and if they do, I'll swap the 507c from my vp9 onto the M&P. I still need to get one of the metal plates as well. People seem to think the plastic ones cause the screws to shear.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Which trigger kit did you get and have you installed it yet? Looks like most of them come with a plunger. I am holding off on getting an optic for now. I am hoping they release the SCS for the vp9 soon and if they do, I'll swap the 507c from my vp9 onto the M&P. I still need to get one of the metal plates as well. People seem to think the plastic ones cause the screws to shear.
    I ordered the flat faced Forward Set Sear and Trigger Kit #100-154 for 2.0 and will be subject to UPS on getting it. The kit comes with a new plunger.

I have installed countless Apex kits. If you have never shot one, the difference is dramatic.

I thought about a metal plate but I will wait and see. My experience with a few Holosuns is that the factory screws are kinda weak...but that is a small sample size.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After a few months of having a part time job searching for somebody who actually has one, I finally got tired of all the BS and excuses from local gun shops, and gave in and bought one off of a gun dealer on Gunbroker.
    It's already on the way to a local FFL Monday.

It's a 4.6" barrel model 13388
    Price was $629.99 plus sales tax, shipping, and fees.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    After a few months of having a part time job searching for somebody who actually has one, I finally got tired of all the BS and excuses from local gun shops, and gave in and bought one off of a gun dealer on Gunbroker.

The path of least resistance...nice move!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The path of least resistance...nice move!
    It just seemed unbelievable when all the local gun dealers I tried kept repeatedly claiming they weren't available, or "I had one and sold it the other day", but then claimed they couldn't get me one.

Then I spent all of about a minute to find a new one on Gunbroker from a good rated gun dealer, and used a local dealer that has a valid FFL on file with Gunbroker to receive it.
    It was painless to do the transaction.

SO the reality is, any of these local gun dealers COULD'VE gotten me one IF I was wiling to pay a little more.
    That's why I call "BS" at them claiming they can't get them.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

That's not terrible mine was 645 including tax locally.
    It just seemed unbelievable when all the local gun dealers I tried kept repeatedly claiming they weren't available, or "I had one and sold it the other day", but then claimed they couldn't get me one.

Then I spent all of about a minute to find a new one on Gunbroker from a good rated gun dealer, and used a local dealer that has a valid FFL on file with Gunbroker to receive it.
    It was painless to do the transaction.

SO the reality is, any of these local gun dealers COULD'VE gotten me one IF I was wiling to pay a little more.
    That's why I call "BS" at them claiming they can't get them.

Maybe it has something to do with the size of the dealer. I went through that with the m&p 10 and also with the shield plus. They said they put in orders but never know exactly what they are going to get. I can confirm that the in demand stuff sells pretty much same day. I have been trying to get a henry all weather and it has been the same for those.

That gunbroker m&p is about 30 over street plus xfer fee so they probably just move a little slower.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's not terrible mine was 645 including tax locally.

Maybe it has something to do with the size of the dealer. I went through that with the m&p 10 and also with the shield plus. They said they put in orders but never know exactly what they are going to get. I can confirm that the in demand stuff sells pretty much same day. I have been trying to get a henry all weather and it has been the same for those.

That gunbroker m&p is about 30 over street plus xfer fee so they probably just move a little slower.
    I called smaller and larger places, but agree with what you're saying in the day to day business sense.

But I woulda thought at least one of them was a smart enough business to tell me, "It's in high demand, short supply, I can get you one, but it'll cost ya! :) ", instead of just repeatedly making believe they aren't available, and WASTING BOTH OF OUR TIMES with pointless phone calls every week or two for months, and all they make off of me is a $25 transfer fee for one I found in a minute or less.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I called smaller and larger places, but agree with what you're saying in the day to day business sense.

But I woulda thought at least one of them was a smart enough business to tell me, "It's in high demand, short supply, I can get you one, but it'll cost ya! :) ", instead of just repeatedly making believe they aren't available, and WASTING BOTH OF OUR TIMES with pointless phone calls every week or two for months, and all they make off of me is a $25 transfer fee for one I found in a minute or less.

My LGS told me the problem with getting almost any gun is their distributors are not taking orders. Basically it’s first come first serve on what the distributor gets when they get it.

If I was a sales rep for a distributor, I might cater more to a Sportsman Warehouse type retailer than a LGS that that orders 1/25th the amount of guns.

Just a WAG but your LGS might just be trying to keep you as a customer in hopes of getting the gun.

Supply and demand.

Someday this will all end with a glut of guns.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My LGS told me the problem with getting almost any gun is their distributors are not taking orders. Basically it’s first come first serve on what the distributor gets when they get it.

If I was a sales rep for a distributor, I might cater more to a Sportsman Warehouse type retailer than a LGS that that orders 1/25th the amount of guns.

Just a WAG but your LGS might just be trying to keep you as a customer in hopes of getting the gun.

Supply and demand.

Someday this will all end with a glut of guns.
    Yeah, LGS's right now are going to be pretty worthless if you want something new that's out. If you are looking for cheap turkish imports or an 'AR' shotgun they got you covered. It's hard to support your LGS if the distributors aren't sending them products. They are all funneled to the big GB stores or the big online retailers. If it's something new you have to have probably go straight to GB and not waste your time.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had the same observation about the trigger bar and the plunger. Thought I would polish it but decided to order an Apex instead. The 10mm trigger does not seem as good as the Shield Plus trigger, at least in my small in-store comparison of the triggers.

The trigger isn't bad but the pre-travel is long and the reset weak. The break is pretty good and right around 5.5 pounds. The new flat face trigger shoe is much better than the old hinged trigger.

Also have a Holosun 507c with the acss vulcan reticle on the way.

Now magazines...
    To get magazines I had to set up alerts with pretty much every major online place.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    To get magazines I had to set up alerts with pretty much every major online place.

I probably need to do that.

I have ample MP 45 mags and need to do a closer comparison of the mags to see if it’s only the follower that differs.

EDIT:

Fromt Pjd823 on the smith-wessonforum

I have both pistols M&P 2.0 .45 and 10mm, while the .45 mags and 10mm mag bodies are the same external dimension(by eye not mic. measured) and they fit into and lock in each other’s pistol. The feed lips (top round retention areas) are visually different….the .45 having a wider opening between them as well as shorter contact area with the round being held than the 10mm…the notch on the back of the spine of the mag on the .45 mag is wider (of the differences This is the only one I don’t think would matter)….as well as different followers.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Glad that nearly 3 month quest/hassle is over!

Just got home with my new S&W M&P 10mm 4.6" barrel, 15+1, Manual Safety, Model 13388.
    Fits my hand like a glove like I knew it would.
    Will be cleaning it and oiling it, then shooting it when the rain stops later.

LOOKS like I'll be putting my gently used Glock 20 up for sale very soon! :cool:

IT ALSO appears to have good chamber support.
    (sorry for fuzzy picture)
    M+P10mm46Chamber.jpg

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad that nearly 3 month quest/hassle is over!

Just got home with my new S&W M&P 10mm 4.6" barrel, 15+1, Manual Safety, Model 13388.
    Fits my hand like a glove like I knew it would.
    Will be cleaning it and oiling it, then shooting it when the rain stops later.

LOOKS like I'll be putting my gently used Glock 20 up for sale very soon! :cool:
    Congratulations ! ......yeah, its a bit wet for a range trip, but I bet that you're itching to try it out.

Top Bottom