• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Well Glock had it all along, then Springfield got into the game with the XD, and now this. Problem is, I don't like XDs or M&Ps, and while I can tolerate a Glock, the polygonal rifling and partially supported chambers (bulged brass) takes those out of consideration as a reloader.

Come on, Sig, where's that 10mm P320? You're missing the boat!!!!
    I am also patiently waiting for the p320 in 10mm!! I have considered the M&P though....

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I am also patiently waiting for the p320 in 10mm!! I have considered the M&P though....
    Right there with you. The M&P is the best option of the three currently available in my opinion, so if Sig doesn't get on the ball soon I may well end up with one of these. I'm not holding my breath, though, as Sig doesn't seem to care about anything other than 9mm these days.

Also, while Sig makes an excellent gun, they are increasingly becoming a company run by marketing types...and marketing types are the worst kind of people. I was excited about a P220 in 10mm, but when they released it, they only offered it in upmarket models like the Legion, the Elite, and whatever that camo hunter model was. All of them with MSRPs upwards of $1200. I'm a pretty utilitarian guy who doesn't want or need all the hype (and I'm definitely not willing to spend extra on it!), and I was after a basic Nitron model, hopefully for around $800-ish...but Sig never offered it. Hopefully if they ever get around to making the 10mm P320 they don't do that same thing. It's interesting at $5-600...but at $1000 I'm back to looking at an M&P.

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Right there with you. The M&P is the best option of the three currently available in my opinion, so if Sig doesn't get on the ball soon I may well end up with one of these. I'm not holding my breath, though, as Sig doesn't seem to care about anything other than 9mm these days.

Also, while Sig makes an excellent gun, they are increasingly becoming a company run by marketing types...and marketing types are the worst kind of people. I was excited about a P220 in 10mm, but when they released it, they only offered it in upmarket models like the Legion, the Elite, and whatever that camo hunter model was. All of them with MSRPs upwards of $1200. I'm a pretty utilitarian guy who doesn't want or need all the hype (and I'm definitely not willing to spend extra on it!), and I was after a basic Nitron model, hopefully for around $800-ish...but Sig never offered it. Hopefully if they ever get around to making the 10mm P320 they don't do that same thing. It's interesting at $5-600...but at $1000 I'm back to looking at an M&P.
    The p220 Hunter elite in 10mm is a dream to shoot.... but your limited to 8+1. It did come at an expensive price tag... one that is rising due to Sig no longer manufacturing it.
    Original MSRP was $1398... Gun Broker they are going for 1600-1800... and my LGS just raised their price on the 2 left in their inventory.

SIG if your reading this PLEASE release a P320 in 10mm. Compact, Carry and full size please!!

I thought I remember Grayguns making a 10mm out of a .45 P32O 2 years ago a shot show???? But it never came to production...... probably COVID related???

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The p220 Hunter elite in 10mm is a dream to shoot.... but your limited to 8+1. It did come at an expensive price tag... one that is rising due to Sig no longer manufacturing it.
    Original MSRP was $1398... Gun Broker they are going for 1600-1800... and my LGS just raised their price on the 2 left in their inventory.

SIG if your reading this PLEASE release a P320 in 10mm. Compact, Carry and full size please!!

I thought I remember Grayguns making a 10mm out of a .45 P32O 2 years ago a shot show???? But it never came to production...... probably COVID related???
    That P220 is a really fine pistol.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    I'm a huge fan of the M&P 2.0 Platform. I'm tempted to add the 10mm cannon to my collection but am a little nervous about the negative reports I'm hearing. I think I'll wait a while then revisit the gun once all the problems are worked out. Isn't that how it works with most newly produced guns?:):)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm a huge fan of the M&P 2.0 Platform. I'm tempted to add the 10mm cannon to my collection but am a little nervous about the negative reports I'm hearing. I think I'll wait a while then revisit the gun once all the problems are worked out. Isn't that how it works with most newly produced guns?:):)
    Me too.
    The full size M&P fits my hand perfectly, and they're a good modestly priced handgun.
    And I love the 10mm round.
    I just seem to always be a day late whenever any of these surface.
    WHAT are the problems you've heard about these?

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    All the problems are second hand from me doing research on online (Youtube etc). The problems mainly are jamming and optics falling off when shooting the hotter loads. There always seems to be a "teething" period for new guns. If this gun proves to be reliable then I'm all in on a 10mm M&P 2.0. I just smile thinking about it. :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    WHAT are the problems you've heard about these?
    Reposting...

YouTube has a couple of reviews showing the M&P 10mm choking on heavier/hotter ammo. Just search "M&P 10mm malfunctions." One guy's optic flew off, but that might have been an installation error. Another guy tested the XDm Elite 10mm and it did better than his M&P 10. Only problem with that is, you'd have to own an XD. :)

Probably not a big deal, the M&P is a solid platform. Might need a little heavier recoil spring if you are going to use Underwood or Buffalo Bore stuff. I read that the factory recoil spring is 17 lbs, seems a little light for stout 10mm. S&W probably tuned it for the majority of factory 10mm ammo out there, which is really just .40 +P.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All the problems are second hand from me doing research on online (Youtube etc). The problems mainly are jamming and optics falling off when shooting the hotter loads. There always seems to be a "teething" period for new guns. If this gun proves to be reliable then I'm all in on a 10mm M&P 2.0. I just smile thinking about it. :)
    If you go all in, good luck finding anyone who actually has one they'll sell you.
    I've been looking for a few months.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Found one that I'll be picking up Monday. It has the external safety so I'll be removing and plugging that. Hopefully doesn't have the feed issues that some have reported.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just brought mine home - 4.6". A couple impressions right out of the box:

The trigger is super gritty. Not sure why they don't use the same setup as the shields because those things have amazing triggers right out of the box. I think the grittiness is coming from the bar riding on the plunger and from the plunger itself. I am going to try to polish up the bar and end of the plunger but for some reason, they designed it so that you have to remove the rear site in order to remove the plunger which is not convenient. I hate to throw off the sites before I even shoot it.

Also, there is a spring protruding from the side and back of the front rail. The rear of it is hooked. I watched a YT video where someone mentioned he thought it was wrong and he was going to remove the rail and reset it underneath. I think this is the way it was designed as it seems to sit in a groove in the rail. seems kind of janky.

MP1.jpgMP2.jpg

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    Just brought mine home - 4.6". A couple impressions right out of the box:

The trigger is super gritty. Not sure why they don't use the same setup as the shields because those things have amazing triggers right out of the box. I think the grittiness is coming from the bar riding on the plunger and from the plunger itself. I am going to try to polish up the bar and end of the plunger but for some reason, they designed it so that you have to remove the rear site in order to remove the plunger which is not convenient. I hate to throw off the sites before I even shoot it.

Also, there is a spring protruding from the side and back of the front rail. The rear of it is hooked. I watched a YT video where someone mentioned he thought it was wrong and he was going to remove the rail and reset it underneath. I think this is the way it was designed as it seems to sit in a groove in the rail. seems kind of janky.

View attachment 181732
    Let us know how your first range session goes!!

Top Bottom