• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    If I'm understanding Bubba's post correct, he's saying that the guy is an idiot at best, and a monster at worst. He's just saying the story doesn't provide enough info for him to decide.

Whoops;) Misread. My bad. Sorry Bubba.

I have since researched this story more and several media outlets are reporting the same. The guy apparently told police that he wanted to scare the girl. I am still trying to find the direct quote.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    If I'm understanding Bubba's post correct, he's saying that the guy is an idiot at best, and a monster at worst. He's just saying the story doesn't provide enough info for him to decide.

Knowing Bubba as well as I do, that's what I take from his post, too. And also knowing Bubba as well as I do, he's not a big fan of idiots, either, so I'm guessing the scale between idiot to monster is a pretty short one in his book.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Knowing Bubba as well as I do, that's what I take from his post, too. And also knowing Bubba as well as I do, he's not a big fan of idiots, either, so I'm guessing the scale between idiot to monster is a pretty short one in his book.

It was my fault, I literally misread that quote.

To furthur Bubba skepticism, heres another link on the story. Look at the first commet below the article.

Crawfordsville man arrested in girl's shooting death - 13 WTHR

from the link:

"wish people get stories straight the poor guy didnt do it intentionally was accidentlly, gun went off when cleaning and check see was loaded damn news and people get it straight. he loved still loves that little girl. stop judging til know it all"

hmm.....I'm curious to hear more.

Last edited:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer

This. Apologies if I was unclear. Pointing a firearm at a person in jest is never ok. Having a ND (or even an AD) result in the injury of another person implies that one or more safety rules were not met, hence "idiot" is the best title one can hope for in this situation. I simply question the motives.

Edit: This thread moved fast while I was pecking this out on my phone. Thanks all and glad we got that sorted out.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    This is the part that I'm wondering about?

Bixler told police he intended on scaring Savannah when he entered her room and pointed a rifle at her.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This is the part that I'm wondering about?

Bixler told police he intended on scaring Savannah when he entered her room and pointed a rifle at her.

Yeah, me too. I have since read about 10 other online sources that reported this story. None of them state anything about him using the firearm as a discipline tool. They just state that he was acting carelessly with a gun. I also have not found his actual quote to the cops.

Would Fox new get the story wrong?;)

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It was my fault, I literally misread that quote.

To furthur Bubba skepticism, heres another link on the story. Look at the first commet below the article.

Crawfordsville man arrested in girl's shooting death - 13 WTHR

from the link:

"wish people get stories straight the poor guy didnt do it intentionally was accidentlly, gun went off when cleaning and check see was loaded damn news and people get it straight. he loved still loves that little girl. stop judging til know it all"

hmm.....I'm curious to here more.

Not trying to jump on you. I had to read it a couple of times, too, to try at what he was saying.
    I'm still confused on the +1...is that meant for the OP, Bubba? Obviously the story is not a +1. Overall, wording was odd. Mebe you should be working while at work instead of trying to balance INGO and work? ;)

This. Apologies if I was unclear. Pointing a firearm at a person in jest is never ok. Having a ND (or even an AD) result in the injury of another person implies that one or more safety rules were not met, hence "idiot" is the best title one can hope for in this situation. I simply question the motives.

Very perplexing story indeed. Sometimes there just isn't a satisfactory answer.

Really, there can't be an answer that makes it any easier for our logical minds. I had a cousin shot in the face just over ten years ago in Shelbyville. He was in kindergarten. His brother found the shotgun laying around, they were playing, and the youngest was shot. If you've ever been to a funeral with an entire elementary class present, you know tragedy. There is no logic in the world to explain it.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Not trying to jump on you. I had to read it a couple of times, too, to try at what he was saying.
    I'm still confused on the +1...is that meant for the OP, Bubba? Obviously the story is not a +1. Overall, wording was odd. Mebe you should be working while at work instead of trying to balance INGO and work? ;)

snip.

yeah, the +1 had me confused a bit as well. I figured he was referring to the sentiment of the other posts if the story was indeed true:dunno:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The f$$cker needs the s$$t beat out of him daily for a few years before facing the old oak tree.

WTF was mama thinking about having this kind of monster around her child. It amazes me how often people move their boy/girl friends into their homes with children without really knowing what type of person they are.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Stop picking on my grammar. :x mad:

Though it seems that some of the most creative responses have been purged, I agree that there is no punishment too harsh for walking in to a child's room and shooting them while their friends watch, as the first few posters suggested in so many interesting ways. Hence the plus 1. I apparently require more caffiene before I can be allowed to post again...

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Accident :poop:. He pointed the weapon and pulled the trigger.

Negligent yes. But did he aim at the girl or did she just happen to be in the line of fire? One is a tragedy and the fellow has my sympathies for the memories he will have for the rest of his life. He deserves those memories but it's still a terrible thing. If he aimed at the girl I have no sympathies and I hope the remaining time he has on this earth is brief.

IndyStar.com | Communities | The Indianapolis Star
    This one says he was careless. Nothing about using the rifle as a discipline tool.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    He'll probably get 5 yrs. an probation...gun was loaded an he pulled the trigger...I'm speculating if he was in a rage an knew what he was doing then decided it was a accident he was trying to teach her a lesson....idiot, an what was Mom thinking about all this...guess some Moms are desperate enough to have a loser for a boyfriend. Hope he gets life in prison or the chair myself but don't see it happening.
    I feel for those other kids that had to see it....what a worthless loser.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Need to follow this to see what happened, either way this guy made a bunch of bad decisions

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Horrible. I feel for her family and friends. There is no excuse for that idiots behavior. Scare a kid by pointing a gun at them:dunno:! Hope he is scared sitting in jail. Accidents happen but this is just ridiculous.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom