• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't want just, "more people carrying firearms." Giving a sheep a pistol does not make them or I any safer...maybe less so. Get a sheep to become a sheepdog and they are never unarmed...pistol or not. I do not subscribe to the notion that more guns make us safer. More sheepdogs make us safer, firearms are just one of many tools.

:yesway: :+1:

Well said.It's all about your will to survive and fight back, not if you have a gun on your or not.
    Empty hands, knife, baton, pen, it doesn't matter what you have if you have some kind of training and the will to fight.

Just like the passengers of the flight 93, they had no gun but decided to fight back anyway.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It is things like this that are the reason when I saw the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises last knight, I had both my pistol, an extra mag, and a flashlight. I think I did see at the entrance saying I was not supposed to have those things though, oh well.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    is a riot helmet bullet proof?

Nothing is truly bulletproof only bullet resistant. If it was a true modern tactical helmet I believe they carry a Level IIIa rating. Most handguns would be stopped for at least a few rounds, but that is only saying they would not penetrate. It could still knock him out or stun him to get a service caliber round to the helmet.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don Wade, on WLS-AM Chicago, asked Jake Tapper (ABC) why the president has made a statement about this shooting yet never has said anything about the violence in Chicago. This shooting has 14 dead and 50 wounded. For the last two years a typical weekend in Chicago has 10 dead and 50 wounded. Is it that the shooting in Colorado has most white victims while Chicago the victims are mostly black?

BTW, the Nation of Islam is going to patrol Chicago to help stop the violence. By enforcing Islamic law and justice they hope to clean up the place. After all Chicago is more violent than Baghdad or Afghanistan.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    and just happened to find an open spot up front in the parking lot at a packed premier? come on.

Maybe the news was showing the wrong car, but I thought it looked like a white car with all the doors open, that was in the back of the theater, was the one they were pointing out as the shooters vehicle.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah. Imagine (if you need to) the impact of a .45ACP to the center of a trauma plate. Now, translate that same impact to the back/side of your head. At close quarters like this, a double tap to the riot helmet could easily disorient the gunman long enough to subdue him.

My question about bulletproof helmets, though, is wouldn't they tend to deflect a bullet, if deflect it did, down into the top of the torso if hit below the curve?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It is things like this that are the reason when I saw the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises last knight, I had both my pistol, an extra mag, and a flashlight. I think I did see at the entrance saying I was not supposed to have those things though, oh well.

I make it a point to never see those signs.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    :yesway: :+1:

Well said.It's all about your will to survive and fight back, not if you have a gun on your or not.
    Empty hands, knife, baton, pen, it doesn't matter what you have if you have some kind of training and the will to fight.

Just like the passengers of the flight 93, they had no gun but decided to fight back anyway.

Both of these are spot on. We don't need more untrained people with weapons. We need WAY more people to give up the idea that other people are going to take care of things for them. The biggest issue that this all relates to is the whole "nanny state" concept where people are kept happy with the status quo and assured that everything is being taken care of.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's a question for all those screaming about gun control.

Would anyone care to guess why this coward chose to sneak in the back door instead of strolling in the front door where cops (assigned to crowd control) were?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Both of these are spot on. We don't need more untrained people with weapons. We need WAY more people to give up the idea that other people are going to take care of things for them. The biggest issue that this all relates to is the whole "nanny state" concept where people are kept happy with the status quo and assured that everything is being taken care of.

Yeah they need to stop thinking that they just have to carry a phone, call 911 and that the police will stop the crime.

I will call 911 to tell them that someone tried to kill me and tell them where they can find the body, not to tell them that someone is trying to kill me and that they need to hurry.

I have nothing against the police, they do an amazing job but most people think that they are bodyguards where they are not. :rolleyes:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Listening to NPR national on the radio they quoted a guy from Zionsville IN that stated it it pointless to keep on reporting on all these shooter stories until we get some sensible gun control passed in congress. He went on to correct the report earlier that the guy had a rifle...he said it wasn't a rifle it was an assault rifle! I'm no detective but I'll just assume the guy from Zionsville isn't a member of INGO.

I dunno...I wouldn't really be surprised if he was a member. There have been quite a few on here that think there should be more restrictions for certain types of people and on certain types of firearms.

Perhaps you should suggest he move to England or Australia, where private ownership of handguns is prohibited. Then he'd be "safe".

In Australia, you can own but you've got to have permits (and training). It appears that there were around 80,000 guns (a little over 10,000 were handguns) imported between 2010-2011. Shooting club membership is going up. There aren't a lot of handguns available but from a site I knew of when I was staying in Australia, there are some handguns available currently for private purchase.

Top Bottom