• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think I would just get as close to the floor as possible and be motionless as possible with flashlight out and off with pistol in hand. Waiting for him to come to me. At least in the first few chaotic moments. If I could determine there was a pattern to the shooting, I might try to move to safety. I am probably not going to know he is wearing body armor, and if I did get a "good" set of shots off would have probably ended up dead anyway.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A San Diego woman identifying herself as James Holmes's mother spoke briefly with ABC News this morning.
    She had awoken unaware of the news of the shooting and had not been contacted by authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved.

"You have the right person," she said. "I need to call the police," she added. "I need to fly out to Colorado."

I wonder why she said you have the right person?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    one of the news headlines i read stated that this was not a terrorist act. If not then what the hell kind of act was it, i guess if they aren't wearing turbines and screaming Allah then its not a terrorist act.
    Oh, I am SURE, that when this is all "settled" it will be "workplace violence" just like Ft. Hood ..... :twocents:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I wonder what the shooter's motive was.

Freaking wackos don't care if they live or die, just want their name in a headline, it's their only way to be "famous". Lock this d-bag up in solitary and never let his name be made public. 2 in the head would be a waste of good bullets.

Though and prayers to all the victims and their families. Wish the media would shut their pie-holes till they know the facts. I've heard this story told 17 different ways since 3:30 this morning.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    What a tragedy. Prayers for all those who lost loved ones and the injured.

Not sure who would have had the courage to do that. Blinding the shooter would also have made them his first target if those people just had lights and no gun.

Agreed. Nothing better says "rounds my way please" than an illuminated device pointed at an active shooter. Nightsites are a better alternative, in my opinion:twocents:

I'm wondering how long it will take fearless leader and his minions to politicize this tragedy.

In 3...2..

There is nothing comical about this situation, but when the first news outlet starts spouting off about gun bans, I would really enjoy a counter news agency promoting banning theaters, or maybe Colorado as a whole. Those places seem like death traps:rolleyes:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Freaking wackos don't care if they live or die, just want their name in a headline, it's their only way to be "famous". Lock this d-bag up in solitary and never let his name be made public. 2 in the head would be a waste of good bullets.

Though and prayers to all the victims and their families. Wish the media would shut their pie-holes till they know the facts. I've heard this story told 17 different ways since 3:30 this morning.

He cared! He had body armor on. He DID NOT want to die!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    One or two people with tactical flashlights could have at least blinded this guy long enough for some people to get out of the theater and maybe get off a few defensive shots below the body armour if they were carrying.

Yup. just that easy. :rolleyes: He did not care WHO was in his sights, he shot everyone. He does not need to see to fire his rifle at a flashlight. All he has to do is fire at the light. Shining your light at him will only put you at the top of his list of people to shoot.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It isn't a terrorist act if there is no political agenda. It has nothing to do with him being an American. The MSM was dying to label the guy that shot Giffords as a domestic terrorist until it turned out he wasn't a conservative Christian. Then he was just a nut job. If it turns out he listens to "right wing" talk radio, don't worry he will be labeled a terrorist at that point, or if he has ever posted on INGO.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Our wonderful TV8 has already matched up the name James Holmes to someone that recently "joined the Tea Party" there in the city!

Let not jump to conclusions how bout it! City of well over 300,000 might just be more that one James Holmes!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It isn't a terrorist act if there is no political agenda. It has nothing to do with him being an American. The MSM was dying to label the guy that shot Giffords as a domestic terrorist until it turned out he wasn't a conservative Christian. Then he was just a nut job. If it turns out he listens to "right wing" talk radio, don't worry he will be labeled a terrorist at that point, or if he has ever posted on INGO.

:nailbite:

That would label me as a foreign terrorist.

Top Bottom