BK as a parrot:

grey.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I guess I'll be the prude and say ya, that type of language bothers me. I have friends that swear like that and one two things happens. Either they clean up while around me, or I over look their mouth cause we're friends.
    That being said, when I meet some one in what should be a "professional" I expect better.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    More of that when these delicate little flowers were growing up and this nation as a whole would be better off .

But noooo , let's put the OP on a pedestal with MLK and act like he's doing the civil rights movement a great service .

Hell Obummer got a peace prize doesn't the OP deserve some sort of trophy ?
    Isn't every act in the defense of civil rights a great service?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Isn't every act in the defense of civil rights a great service?

He thanked his 'oppressor' and shook his hand. He gave no indication, as far as I can tell, that he objected. No hunger strike, no refusal to properly dispose of his straw wrapper, no sit-in in front of the ice machine... Meh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am one of those guys who can't, or more likely don't even want to string three words together without one (or more) of them being the F-bomb. I can't even relate how difficult it is for me to participate in these forums without the availability of the old trusty four-letter-words to lean on. When I post here for instance I actually have to THINK, rather than just pulling out a standard phrase, and using it like short-hand to convey my baser attitudes. I remember in the '60s and early '70s just one strategically place F-bomb would wreck the whole area...... The whole world would stop. Conversation, bystanders, traffic, all ended. You dropped the single word and it had the power to destroy all that was holy. I loved that word. I loved it's power. The single word was a nuke..... A doomsday device. It meant the end of the argument, the end of the interaction, the end of ANYTHING going on within the sound of it. It was the end of civilized society itself. Nowadays? Not so much.

I miss the passing of the F-bomb. It has died from frivolous misuse. We have nothing like it today, nothing with the finality of it. We have nothing that will cleanse your soul and clear the area like a good F-bomb used to. The stunned silence..... The shock..... The people slipping away as the F-bomb lies there, steaming like a fresh-laid turd..... F**K YOU LENNY BRUCE!!!! It was you who brought it from the depths of the dark into everyday use! Popularized it, legitimized it..... Sold it as a commodity.

NOW, with that off my chest, Cops make the mistake of forgetting their uniform. The uniform represents a power and authority of it's own. An officer can be just striking up a bit of conversation with someone but his uniform can be a distraction. I am the kind of guy who will talk to anyone. An officer could be like that too, Being outspoken and bold is actually kind of a necessity for him. The problem is illustrated right here. When this officer spoke, it was the UNIFORM that was perceived to be speaking and not the man. The op is bristling because THE MAN was telling him something, not because A MAN is telling him something. If it had been a cab driver or a construction guy or a plumber, they would just be a** h**es. Because he is an officer, with the authority and uniform, he is abusing his position. Officers have to keep this in mind. At least one guy here knows who this officer was, and doesn't think that he was throwing his authority around but rather just telling his opinion. OP didn't know him..... All op knew was the uniform. Like I said, officers have to watch out.

I have talked to officers many times about many things. Like I said, I talk. Occasionally even a traffic stop can end up side-railed while we discuss something that comes up. I don't like to be talked to like a POS, at least until I have dropped a couple of bombs myself (by habit, I don't normally curse cops..... right away) At the same time, we are all adults here. If a guy is coarse then he is coarse, hell, I am coarse. I would have spent a half hour with him, but that's just me. Do I think the officer was unprofessional? Definitely. Would I turn it in? No, I don't think I would. Lots of you know that I would rip on the cops in short order if given an opportunity. I just don't see a real opportunity here. A guy could be an arrogant buffoon and still be a great cop, I think that there are some of those right here. Don't make trouble for him unless you would make trouble for a truck driver who said the same things...... I don't think there is anything to gain here, and maybe if the officer actually is an ass, there COULD be something to loose.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Man rule: Don't thank someone, shake their hand, and then get all butch later on the internet or call their boss to try to get them in trouble. If you weren't willing to address it there on the spot, let it go. Acting all friendly and cordial in person and then drawing in all of your internet friends who will act all butch with you? Negative, ghost rider. ***** move. If you thought his comments or language inappropriate, you should have manned up then and there, not here on the internet.
    ^^^^^^^^ this!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The officer in this thread was harassing a citizen for exercising his civil rights.

The citizen did not approach the officer and ask for his opinion. This was not a gun shop bull session where a stool monkey is offering his opinion on this caliber or that pistol. This is an agent of the state attempting to influence the free exercise of a citizen's civil rights.

I find that disconcerting.
    Man Kirk, you should consider a career in lawyerin!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My ice machine hasn't worked in two years.

I think the water line is frozen.

That City Ice is really good, though, so I won't protest. This time.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    The officer in the video sounds like my kinda guy...havin a regular ol conversation. whether I agree with him or not is irrelevant. I can spark up a convo with anyone. I like to interact and talk with people and if someone calls me over to offer some "friendly advice" then I can take it to heart or with a grain of salt...my choice. 'Murica!
    (If they made a Diet Baja Blast then I'd start drinking soda again)

Top Bottom