• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well...we get the government we vote for, I guess.

I’ve always struggled trying to find out if I should vote to retain a judge or not. Sifting through all of their cases, parsing out whether they’re deciding and ruling the properly or not is a monumental task.

To give you an idea of the hopelessness of people like me... Andre Carson is my representative. Needless to say, he does not represent *me*.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes they are elected, but if you think you are going to get a lot of harsh sentencing judges in Marion County, I would say you are very mistaken as to the wishes and desires of the majority of the electorate there.

Bingo. Look at the Mayor they put in place. He was a terrible prosecutor. Terrible.
    And IMHO he is a worse Mayor.
    Yet even money says he serves another term.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Police talking about him shooting through the taze at 1:22.

[video=youtube;z8qCQnfDCpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qCQnfDCpc[/video]
    "But they are questioning why they killed him instead of arresting him." Uh, maybe because he was shooting at them?? Dumbasses.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Any chance of a police officers group making recommendations on the elections? Are the judges members of a political party?
    What if they do? Do you think the people that agree with being represented by a POS like Carson would be influenced by what the police would say about a judge, mayor or prosecutor? Hell no. They'd do the exact opposite.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    This is the way of things now. So many good solid folks have no idea this is going on. But it is. Get used to it and understand that is one of the top reasons we are armed at all times.
    Last summer I was filling up at the Speedway station just south of us. There was a gathering of **** bags out by the dumpster. At least 80% of them were sporting ankle monitors. WTAF.

I have done some fab work at a few local Anderson / Madison co manufacturing plants, I was at Keters Anderson plant last year and after seeing a bunch of ankle monitors I asked about them with a manager during a meeting. The answer I was given was over 75% of the unskilled plant labor were felons, after that meeting was over I went out to my truck and walked back inside more prepared than I was before the meeting. We worked a few second shifts there******,, I've never seen that many different gang tattoos in one place besides doing work in a prison. I assume the tax breaks make it all worthwhile...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What if they do? Do you think the people that agree with being represented by a POS like Carson would be influenced by what the police would say about a judge, mayor or prosecutor? Hell no. They'd do the exact opposite.

You and I are vastly outnumbered in this and we are seriously ****ed because of it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    A veteran should have had their act together.

He played the stupid game and lost.

Amazing how people do crap and expect everybody else to go by the rules perfectly.

Real simple...........don't be an A hole and Darwin will go look someplace else.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Doing that always bites us in the @ss.

Yeah. I gotta think that would probably go one of two ways. On the one side you’d have the...umm...”politically astute” ones making politically astute recommendations. On the other hand, you’d have the guys/gals that want to commit career suicide.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A veteran should have had their act together.

He played the stupid game and lost.

Amazing how people do crap and expect everybody else to go by the rules perfectly.

Real simple...........don't be an A hole and Darwin looks someplace else.

I think he was a VINO (Veteran In Name Only).

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    After looking at the summary of the Rose case, I have a couple of questions, that may have no answers.

Rose was 19yo. He pleaded guilty to two level 3 felony counts of armed robbery in Aug 2019. He was sentenced in Sep 2019. He was given credit for 171 days served, and was sentenced to a term of 10 years, with 6 years suspended, the remaining 4 years to be served in the comfort of his own home. Even given consideration of reducing 1 year of home detention if he were to obtain a GED.

Less than 8 months later, he's killed in a shoot-out with police, in what is believed to be an attempted ambush.

I'm not an attorney, so I'm trying to understand these insane sentencing guidelines. Ultimately, who is accountable for such a sentence? Is it purely judge discretion? Are there legislative rules/regulations?

I certainly place all accountability of the crime on the criminal. However, shouldn't there be some accountability, somewhere, for knowingly allowing a violent felon to hang out at home? Honestly, is this normal procedure? Only an expectation of serving 30% of a sentence for armed robbery, and serving it at home?

It seems laughable that we, as a society, ask men and women of law enforcement to round up violent felons, only to watch them be sent home. Not to mention potentially being ambushed by the same violent felon, less than 8 months later...

Seems like this is the story with everyone who ends up going down in a shootout with police. Always opportunity after opportunity to put them behind bars forever, wasted in the name of soft-on-crime social justice BS. This is just how things are now. You get all the chances in the world no matter how many violent crimes you commit.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Any chance of a police officers group making recommendations on the elections? Are the judges members of a political party?

Trial court elections in Indiana are by party, and I’m guessing there are police groups who endorse candidates in Marion county but I don’t know.

People are often skeptical of police groups involvement in an election for the judges the officers are going to appear in front of, particularly in large urban areas. Like Frank said...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to hear that.
    OTOH, if someone sent me a PM that mentioned a judge or judges they didn't particularly like, I wouldn't share private conversations and could make up my own mind.
    Kind of like the 9MM/45 or the Glock/1911 debates.

Top Bottom