• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Based on your past, and mine, I'm sure we know some of the same people. I'd love to have a chance at a cheeseburger summit, sometime in the future, to discuss your theories and talk about common ground.

I am west Indy Speedway area. When this beer virus idiocy chills and we can find an open restaurant hit me up.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    We could teach kids the three relatively simples things they can do do rise out of poverty, but you get more street cred by having kids with multiple baby mommas and playing gangsta.

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class
    A thought on your post.

This country has some ugly chapters in its history, many of which led to the formation of notable criminal subcultures. The Irish mob and the Italian mafia didn’t become what they were because the WASPS lovingly embraced them into society, and those societies gained acceptance fairly quickly.

This country’s wounds incurred by oppressing people didn’t just vanish because the practices ceased. 10s or 100s of years of cause doesn’t disappear with a “sorry”, the effect of those practices will be felt in all facets of our society for generations.

One of the really terrible effects has been the destruction of family units. Until that is healed somehow, our society will generate criminal young men with nothing to lose much faster than we can possibly incarcerate them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A thought on your post.

This country has some ugly chapters in its history, many of which led to the formation of notable criminal subcultures. The Irish mob and the Italian mafia didn’t become what they were because the WASPS lovingly embraced them into society, and those societies gained acceptance fairly quickly.

This country’s wounds incurred by oppressing people didn’t just vanish because the practices ceased. 10s or 100s of years of cause doesn’t disappear with a “sorry”, the effect of those practices will be felt in all facets of our society for generations.

One of the really terrible effects has been the destruction of family units. Until that is healed somehow, our society will generate criminal young men with nothing to lose much faster than we can possibly incarcerate them.

Well stated as always. Truth here.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This nothing burger got thrown back on the grill. To appease the protesters, meyor Hogsh!t asked for DOJ and FBI oversight.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A thought on your post.

The destruction of the family unit was also exacerbated by making it more profitable to be a single parent and have children out of wedlock. Much like the enhanced UI was designed to push for the $15 minimum wage. (The extra $600 being what a 40 hour work week at minimum wage would pay).

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The destruction of the family unit was also exacerbated by making it more profitable to be a single parent and have children out of wedlock. Much like the enhanced UI was designed to push for the $15 minimum wage. (The extra $600 being what a 40 hour work week at minimum wage would pay).

To clarify, it was said the computer software couldn't add to a benefit to total it to $600 :rolleyes:, so the $600 was in addition to the benefit. $600+benefit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A former co-workers son enlisted in the Navy because "that is where dad became a man"; he didn't even make it to boot camp due to the anxiety attack he suffered causing severe abdominal cramps and crying for mommy. They told him "thanks but no thanks". His dad still refers to him as a veteran.

Yeah, dad's a real winner too.

Oh geez.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bn9SQS9.jpg

Let's just come right out and say this. :rolleyes:
    first POS says “I don’t know ANY details” BUT... cops killed him BECAUSE he is black! WTF Carson? This piece of s**t fits right in with the other racists in Congress.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree mostly with Phylo's idea. Thought I would raise it to an associate's degree. Give felons a chance to make a decent living, not just toss them back out with a GED. Give them the tools to succeed if they are able with a useable degree, or even an apprenticeship/trades set of skills. Just a GED will likely guarantee they come back through because they wont have the skills they need to succeed and not re-offend.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Kinda skimmed the thread, just wanted to address one thing.

At least some, probably most, of the post-shooting agitators aren't local and is coming from out of state. Chicago, specifically.

For whatever reason, Indy tends to not have the same level of agitation as other cities of comparable, or even smaller, size, so we must outsource.

*insert they took our jobs meme here*

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

At least some, probably most, of the post-shooting agitators aren't local and is coming from out of state. Chicago, specifically.

For whatever reason, Indy tends to not have the same level of agitation as other cities of comparable, or even smaller, size, so we must outsource.

It seems to me that in spite of the government, there is still a large group of self sufficient, conservative people in Indy and the surrounding areas.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Just what this country needs, another "community organizer" from chicago. It worked well :rolleyes: last time.

Top Bottom