• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    I think I have an extra TROY rear BUIS, if I do I'll toss it in my bag and bring it with, you can use it at the range. I also have extra carbine handguards, I'll make you a deal on the handguards if you want them but the Troy battle sight is not for sale.

EDIT -- Can't find the extra Troy Rear BUIS, (I did find 2 extra Troy front sights) however one of the rifles I am bringing has one of those installed, in addition to a HoloSight. So its sort of redundant. Bring a flat head screwdriver and you can remove the Troy from my daughter's pink AR15, use it to make sure your rifle is not shooting around corners, then we can simply reinstall it on my daughter's gun when you are done with the sight.

ANOTHER EDIT -- I had 2 different types of carbine handguards. The old milspec (smaller diameter) and the new milspec (larger diameter). Both are new/unused. I tossed both in my range bag, you can choose. Oh, and yes, they are BLACK in color, not the wild colors I'm known to possess, but . . .

I'll still take you up on the opportunity to borrow the BUIS, but today I recieved in the mail a set of CAR carbine length handguards from a friend in NV for my birthday! I appreciate the offer though!

Also, I will be bringing lots of chips. Variety of kinds. Lots... lots of chips..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll pack a Weber "Q" propane grill . . . I think I can scrounge up a few dozen hot dogs and I'll pick up buns too. Might as well have a picnic while we shoot.

Oh, and I'll bring about a dozen cigars.

What good is having a cigar lounge if I can't raid it for some essential supplies?

I'll still take you up on the opportunity to borrow the BUIS. . .

Also, I will be bringing lots of chips. Variety of kinds. Lots... lots of chips..
    Bring a flat head screwdriver so you can take the sight off my daughter's gun.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    OK I am coming from the south up 35 what is the best way to come in and are they on Indy time or slow time

Some of us will start arriving around 10am Central (Chicago time). The range itself is on Eastern (Indy time), which means we'll have to finish up by 7pm EST/6pm EST when the range closes. I think we can get some shooting in. ;)

As for directions...ummm...well, turn right at the big dirt piles and left at the cemetery....:D
    Yeah, okay, I'll leave that for someone else to answer. :):

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    If you are coming up from the south on 35, go to 500 N (which, coincidentally is 5 miles north of the town of Winamac:D) There is a sign for the Winamac Fish and Wildlife area there at 500 N. Turn left (west) and go 2 miles west to 200 W and take a right (north, again. There is also a sign for the shooting range there). You will go past the entrance to the skeet range and just past that, it the rifle range... turn in there.:yesway:

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    If you are coming up from the south on 35, go to 500 N (which, coincidentally is 5 miles north of the town of Winamac:D) There is a sign for the Winamac Fish and Wildlife area there at 500 N. Turn left (west) and go 2 miles west to 200 W and take a right (north, again. There is also a sign for the shooting range there). You will go past the entrance to the skeet range and just past that, it the rifle range... turn in there.:yesway:

Thanks see ya all Sunday

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI

Whats the best way to come from Merrillville? I know the way to JP

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Oh, and I'll bring about a dozen cigars.

What good is having a cigar lounge if I can't raid it for some essential supplies?

:bowdown: Been a while since I had a good cigar. Got some in the humidor just never make the time to enjoy one. I have been smoking pipe some because you can sit it down and come back to it latter. Trying to relight a cigar after it has cooled is just nasty to me.

I will fill a cooler with some drinks to share.

Trooper Lefty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    1st stoplight east of Valpo
    Whats the best way to come from Merrillville? I know the way to JP

I was thinking of either taking 421 down to 10 and over to 35, or just taking 30 to 35 and heading down. If you want, we can try to convoy down (I'll be coming from Wanatah) but I'd like to get there early to get a spot; the wife won't let me have 4wd, so I can't park on top of Ghost's vehicle.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    WHAT is everyone's facination with parking on top of my car? :dunno: You would think folks wouldn't wanna mess with someone with guns and ammo.....:laugh:
    When we are parking at a gun range who else are we going to mess with, that does not have guns and ammo? I suppose we could mess with someone who has been parked there for a very long time, in the hopes that they are out of ammo.:ar15:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Take RT. 30 east to RT. 39 south (right) to RT. 10 "T" intersection and go east(left) to County Road 300 East(old school that's a church on south-east corner)turn south (right) follow the little jog to the right in the road and the road turns into County Road 200 West to the entrance of the Winamac range.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I am with clif45. I go Rt30 to 35 south and look for the sign after going through kouts. There is less chance of missing the place this way. I am sure there is a faster way, but there is a lot that can be said about keeping it simple ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom