• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    GhostofWinter is having a bad week, someone called him barney,everyone wants to park on his car,and now he can't get his towns that start with a K, glad it wasn't Kukamunda.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    You don't know the half of it larry. ALL I can say is I can't wait to blastaway some stress tomorrow. I wasn't able to make it to the steel shoot this morning like I wanted to before work tonite, so I will be all ready for it tomorrow!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I've been hesitant to confirm because of work--I work tonight and Sunday night--but if I can go in late Sunday, I will be there. Are we grilling or should we come with food or are we sans food? I don't know if they will cotton to our grilling there, but honestly I don't know why not. Wifey and I can bring some food if we're all planning on tailgating as someone posted earlier. I don't have tables, but food, drinks, ammo, and targets shouldn't be a problem.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've been hesitant to confirm because of work--I work tonight and Sunday night--but if I can go in late Sunday, I will be there. Are we grilling or should we come with food or are we sans food? I don't know if they will cotton to our grilling there, but honestly I don't know why not. Wifey and I can bring some food if we're all planning on tailgating as someone posted earlier. I don't have tables, but food, drinks, ammo, and targets shouldn't be a problem.

It sounds like melensdad is bringing a grill and some hot dogs. I'll bring hot dogs, too. I guess we'll just have to see if we can get away with it?! Soooo, maybe bring a backup option for yourselves if you planning on staying long enough to need to eat? I guess I'm just planning on winging it!

But I'm also baking some brownies today to share, so as long as there are enough, you can count on a brownie. ;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It sounds like melensdad is bringing a grill and some hot dogs. I'll bring hot dogs, too. I guess we'll just have to see if we can get away with it?!
    Yup, I'm figuring that at the worst case we an park on top of Ghost's car and then set up a "tailgate" party.

I am going to bring some hot dogs and buns. If someone wants something else, you are welcome to throw it on my grill and cook it.

Since it appears (I've not been there) that the parking is right behind the 25yard range, so if I can't set up the grill in some non-conspicuous area by the range, then I'll set up at the parking area and we can shuttle food back and forth using that age old technology called "walking."

I'm planning to be there for about 4 hours and should arrive right about 10am N.W.I. (correct) Time / 11am Indy (wrong) Time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OK, I have 16 "jumbo franks" + 16 polish sausages for a total of 32. Got 32 buns too and a bottle of ketchup + a bottle of mustard. Plus a whole bunch of napkins. First come, first served. I have two small propane canisters so if you bring your own food you are welcome to cook until the gas runs out.

4 different types of cigars, including some dipped in Kaluha and some Victor Sinclair Vintage Select (black band) cigars for Ghost of Winter.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Actually, the parking area abuts everything except the 25yd range. There is a nice open grass area there, though, with a fairly smooth sidewalk over from the lot. Once we overcome the challenges of finding places to safely set 30-some-odd people's firearms in a 3-bench range (it's the 50yd that has 6 benches and it's out of sight of the 25yd line), the lawn would be nice for a cookout.

Edit: Auntie says we have 20 regular hot dogs and we'll pick up some buns tonight.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Got the okay from work to come in late tomorrow, so Wifey and I will be there. Leaving straight from work, the hairs on my reticle won't be the only things crossed. I will have to leave a bit early (have to sleep a little for work)We'll bring a few hot dogs, the .223, WASR-10, .44 & .41 Mags, probably the Kimbers and the Hi-Power. I've got ammo for all, and of course, everyone is welcome. I didn't manage to pick up any targets today, but I've got a few at home and might grab a few at Walmart.

I look forward to seeing everyone out there.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Well, I figured out what I will be taking to the range.
    Savage scoped .223 bolt action
    Mosin 91/30 with scope
    AK-47 with scope
    Tokarev T-33 7.62x25
    Traveling light tomorrow, don't want to hog the range.
    Guys....don't forget the staple guns and lots of staples

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Wish I could make it to meet some of you but got serious things going on. Dang I wanted to smoke one of Melansdad's cigars. Hope you all have a great and safe outing.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    4 different types of cigars, including some dipped in Kaluha and some Victor Sinclair Vintage Select (black band) cigars for Ghost of Winter.

ACTUALLY I was talking to LadyGhost about buying the rest of what you had in the store that day as we drove home. I think these are some of the most under appreciated cigars you have. I haveavery hard time understanding how they are not FLYING off the shelves. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wish I could make it to meet some of you but got serious things going on. Dang I wanted to smoke one of Melansdad's cigars. Hope you all have a great and safe outing.

Come over to Cedar Lake on Thursday evening (July 15), we will be giving away cigars and talking guns from 5pm to 9pm at the Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Lounge on 41 just 2 doors north of Harry O's restaurant.

We are having another INGO 'open carry' Cigar Night. :rockwoot:

LINK TO "INGO Cigar Night" INFORMATION => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...pen_carry_cigar_night_7-15_cedar_lake_in.html

. . . I think these are some of the most under appreciated cigars you have. I haveavery hard time understanding how they are not FLYING off the shelves. :dunno:
    I don't know either, they are a good cigar and they are priced amazingly low for the quality. As I told you, those are supposed to be in the mid-$5 range and even at roughly $3.25 they are sitting in my humidor. I dunno why!!! When I first got them they sold very well and I went through box after box of them at full price. But as my selection expanded at the store the smokers apparently shifted to other brands??? I don't know why, even at full price those cigars are a darn good smoke for the money, I think they rival some of the best known brands and cost less too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Getting ready to leave for the shoot. Just as soon as I load up the car, which should only take me a week. LOL

Got mine loaded; just waiting for Juan to show up. Soon as he arrives we will be on our way. I'm figuring we'll be there about 10:30.

I'm not planning to shoot too much today, got a hawthorn stuck in my hand yesterday working in my woods. Just a tiny hole but it broke off and we had to dig it out with a pin. Probably spend more time with rifles and handguns today, just because of where the 'boo boo' is on my hand. But I'm bringing plenty of guns for others.

I do have 2 Detonics pistols loaded, one is an early 1980's original gun with a ported barrel & slide, the other is a new production gun that is stock except for the grips.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    We are SOOO not ready and loaded yet. lol! Cooler is packed with hot dogs and brownies, though. Hopefully will be out of here by 9, and we'll meet ya'll there at 10!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom