Aug '11 1500: Rants and complaints...let em fly!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I was far from impressed with the show. No good deals at all, favorable on occasion. There was so much garbage and goofy stuff that it congested the show. The aisles were so small in some places you couldn't walk past someone without turning sideways...which sucked if you had on a pack.

We were standing at the front door today around 4 o'clock when some moron came rolling in and handed the Officers at the door a loaded pistol...WITH ONE IN THE CHAMBER AND A FULL MAG!!! The dude just looked at them and couldn't even speak. How they didn't just throw him out I'll never know.

I have gone to at least one 1500 every year for the last several years and this was by far one of the least appealing on memory. The few things I did buy, I needed, not "show specials" by any means.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I guess he missed the BIG friggin sign in between the front doors. Wow! So what did you use for a clearing barrel? I used the dirt on the South side of the entrance before the Army truck set up.

Too much flea market stuff. At times it got to where I couldn't move. Saw a couple deals. Some NICE AR stuff. But got so busy, I just didn't want to weed through the crowd and crap anymore. I ended up leaving and will visit my local guys and Midway.

Someone stole a 10/22 mag from Liberty. Sucks!

Watched another noob drop a mag on the floor because they didn't realize the button did that.

I take food so I can't complain about the $4.50 hot dog.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm really tired of some of the vendors expanding the tables outwards so they have a little more room to stroll.

It creates choke points and only allows 3 options, stand and wait for the line to move, bowl over everyone that's clogging the row, or retreat and back track.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I would have to agree with one shot there were no great deals other than the ones I had already made and was really just picking up today because of convenience. Thanks Brad and sheila.

The Isles were narrow and even kinda crowded at 9 this morning.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i think the need to stick to the "gun and knife" theme and get rid of the costume jewelery and the other random junk that doesn't belong

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No good deals at all,

There were dozens upon dozens of deals just in guns.

I got a Smith & Wesson K-22 Target Masterpiece for $400 and a Colt Police Positive in .22 WRF for $250. There were many other guns that were deals that I could have hit on if I had the green stamps.

I want to complain about the complaining.:laugh:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I did see a "numbers matching" Yugo SKS. Some parts were numbers matching but the bolt is what stood out. It was restamped with a matching number. The old number that I could under it was NOT the same.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Between the two of us that attended we got 2 old boxes of 22 lr and a browning buckmark mag. 18 to get in 3 to park and 23 spent, Just as much to attend as we bought. I did see a couple of things i liked buy 1850 for a NIB python was out of my spending range.

I do think some of the vendors hog up more than the room they have. Lots of dogs in attendance also. I did not go untill sunday morning and the new vendor i saw had some neatly designed hawks, But nothing that you could throw, Good quality hawks and sharp also. I got his card.

The flashlight, coin, costume jewery and books/tee shirt shops were always at the 1500. Along with the mil surp and range/rifle bag guys and the raffle vendors. Just makes it the 1500. I did not see any of the firearms that called my name this time.

I should have picked up more ammo but i ran unto him early in my rounds and did not want to carry it around.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I actually saw kirk there, and I have to agree with him, I saw some pretty good deals... Actually, I left with $160+ worth of gear and I only spent $49. :) check out the "1500 stuffs" thread to see what all I got.

Last edited:

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    This was the first 1500 that i have been to in probably 10-12 years. I didn't expect much for it being a summer show, so I wasn't really disappointed. I bought 2 Esee's from Knife Lady and that's it.

Also, there were quite a few people with some serious Body Odor going on.

I hope to make it back (200 mile round trip) to a Winter show, I'm sure it will be better.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You know what really honks me off? The @#$^@#%&#$% knife dealer that has his little case of automatic knives on full freaking display. Complete with a little sign saying "sales only to LEO & Military with ID".

That crap ticks me off. Wish just ONE of the LEO working the show would've cited / confiscated / etc.

(No, this was NOT Brad's Knives)

-J-

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    i think the need to stick to the "gun and knife" theme and get rid of the costume jewelery and the other random junk that doesn't belong

Was kind of thinking that myself. The show keeps declining with each one. I honestly found something I wanted a spikes punisher lower, but once again I bought it for the convenience not the price. Ieven saw the elusive $1000 fully stock saiga at one guys booth. I couldn't believe some of the prices theses people have. Then again I did see some tard pay $680 for a bone stock mod1 16" upper.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I can't complain about the 1500, for once it padded my wallet. I sold several dust queens from my house and walked out of the 1500 with over 1500 dollars!

I couldn't find anything to buy with the money I made which is not bad.

i thought Aisles were crowded.
    I thought there was def some body odor
    I am sure there were deals to be had but I did not want to dig to find them.

Glock Doc swapped parts out for me on my gun. I would recommend his services to anyone.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I can't really gripe, because my expectations aren't that high. I like to browse, and can't think of a single place that I can find so many guns and accessories under one roof.

Also, at a bigger show, I get to have Bradis, Plainfield, Liberty, and Beech Grove (?) under one roof, as well. Very convenient for shopping.

As I get older, I'm just harder to disappoint.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    with the exception of the 500 rounds of .223 for $100.00, I think I am glad I missed this one.... had a lot more fun, taking my friend, to Bradis, for him to buy, his first AR..... then shootig FNS .....
    The next show shold be better usually right before hunting season .....

Top Bottom