• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So… John Kerry breaks his femur near his prosthetic hip while on a bike ride in Europe. I keep hearing how amazing European healthcare is from all the Democrats, so why is he flying home from Europe with a broken femur to have surgery in America?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't see any hypocrisy here. You failed to provide a link with anything, here's one that addresses his reason. It makes sense.

Given the injury was near the site of his prior hip surgery Mr Kerry would be treated by the doctor who performed the operation, the spokesman added.

He is going to see the doctor most familiar with his hip and situation to avoid complications. Just like most of us would do in the same situation.

John Kerry breaks leg in bicycle crash in France - BBC News

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry, that is complete garbage. You take an x-ray and you're familiar with the hardware. They do periprosthetic fractures I n Switzerland all the time I am sure.

I see many people who break a bone through existing hardware, I have never transferred anyone more than 45 miles away to get to their surgeon. I have seen people in America who had hip replacement surgery in Europe And subsequently broke the bone through the hardware,, I did not ship them to Europe to get it repaired.

Do you think a prominent Swiss government official would fly all the way home to Switzerland with a broken leg to get it repaired?

I don't see any hypocrisy here. You failed to provide a link with anything, here's one that addresses his reason. It makes sense.

He is going to see the doctor most familiar with his hip and situation to avoid complications. Just like most of us would do in the same situation.

John Kerry breaks leg in bicycle crash in France - BBC News

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am sure the same privilege will be afforded to all of our military servicemen and women on duty overseas. Certainly they are most familiar with their surgeons back home too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So… John Kerry breaks his femur near his prosthetic hip while on a bike ride in Europe. I keep hearing how amazing European healthcare is from all the Democrats, so why is he flying home from Europe with a broken femur to have surgery in America?
    Because he's out of network for his health plan?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If the bone was broken, wouldn't he want it set ASAP?

Most likely it was fairly stable and the fracture line ran through the device. A splint would probably hold it fine. Big risk of blood clots, fat embolism, neurologic injury, other issues too.

Because he's out of network for his health plan?

Pretty sure the government would cover it, if not his billionaire wife could probably swing it.

I see he flew home, I guess a boat wasn't swift enough

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am sure the same privilege will be afforded to all of our military servicemen and women on duty overseas. Certainly they are most familiar with their surgeons back home too.

Actually, most of our military and even civilian people overseas (like State Department families) are routinely flown back to the states or to US hospitals in Europe when injured. It's not uncommon at all. Soldiers are stabilised on site and then transferred out to other facilities. So, yes, the same privilege is accorded them.

As for a Swiss official, yeah. They likely would fly home if the situation warranted it and they wished it. I've seen it happen before. The reason you haven't done anything like it is that you're in the US and usually see people from your locale. If you do see people from out of town, it wouldn't surprise me if any of them transferred themselves to their own homes.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So you're telling me the person on base in Germany with appendicitis can choose to have the army pay for his emergent Evac to a domestic hospital to have surgery simply at his request, even though they are 100% capable of handling it there?

Actually, most of our military and even civilian people overseas (like State Department families) are routinely flown back to the states or to US hospitals in Europe when injured. It's not uncommon at all. Soldiers are stabilised on site and then transferred out to other facilities. So, yes, the same privilege is accorded them.

As for a Swiss official, yeah. They likely would fly home if the situation warranted it and they wished it. I've seen it happen before. The reason you haven't done anything like it is that you're in the US and usually see people from your locale. If you do see people from out of town, it wouldn't surprise me if any of them transferred themselves to their own homes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It seems to me that I'd prefer my Secy of State to be in the USA as he underwent surgery and recovery. All those commies in Europe....you never know when he might just give out the plans for Jade Helm Europe, or nuclear launch codes.

Whyizzit that people can't be gracious enough to avoid kicking someone when they are down? This is the same sort of brutish commentary that appears on the Biden thread.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Whyizzit that people can't be gracious enough to avoid kicking someone when they are down? This is the same sort of brutish commentary that appears on the Biden thread.

Because we are used to being on the receiving end from these same people. Eventually a whipped dog will bite you.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When high level people undergo medical procedures for potential mind altering medications, there is someone there to ensure that they are silenced if that begins to happen. And Kerry does not have the launch codes.

Because we are used to being on the receiving end from these same people. Eventually a whipped dog will bite you.

yep. I love being told how to life by people who live it differently

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Most likely it was fairly stable and the fracture line ran through the device. A splint would probably hold it fine. Big risk of blood clots, fat embolism, neurologic injury, other issues too.

Pretty sure the government would cover it, if not his billionaire wife could probably swing it.

I see he flew home, I guess a boat wasn't swift enough

if the boat wasn't swift enough, it must not have been a "swift boat". :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom