• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I drive "Indy Traffic" and would take it any day over NWI and Chicago traffic. Also, the only bad part is really NE side up near 465/69, and sometimes 65/70 split. Luckily, the west side of 465 is wide open 95% of the time.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I drive "Indy Traffic" and would take it any day over NWI and Chicago traffic. Also, the only bad part is really NE side up near 465/69, and sometimes 65/70 split. Luckily, the west side of 465 is wide open 95% of the time.

Despite the terrible driving, it's the potholes every 5 feet that I really dislike.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I was on 465 on the northeast side. I live 25 miles from work and make it in 30-35 minutes. About 3-4 miles of that is Lafayette or 45mph zone. It'd take that long or longer to go 10 miles in Indy.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I was on 465 on the northeast side. I live 25 miles from work and make it in 30-35 minutes. About 3-4 miles of that is Lafayette or 45mph zone. It'd take that long or longer to go 10 miles in Indy.

Again, depends where you are. NE side SUCKS!

I live 15 miles from work, and it takes me 20 minutes at 7 am and 5 pm. 80% of the trip is on 465 driving with traffic at 65.

67 (sw side) to park 100 (nw side).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Again, depends where you are. NE side SUCKS!

I live 15 miles from work, and it takes me 20 minutes at 7 am and 5 pm. 80% of the trip is on 465 driving with traffic at 65.

67 (sw side) to park 100 (nw side).

I can't stand driving Lafayette everyday and I mostly take back roads there. It never fails leaving town getting behind someone who thinks because they're turning in the next 5 miles, they don't need to get up to the speed limit.

I normally drive 5 mph hour over everywhere but I rarely pass. If someone is at least driving the speed limit, I'll back off a good ways and set my cruise to match. But the jerks that like to throw their boat anchors out and hold up traffic **** me off to no end.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    getting behind someone who thinks because they're turning in the next 5 miles, they don't need to get up to the speed limit.

Stop following me around Lafayette!:laugh:

Oh, I hope my leaving the turn signal on (in the wrong direction) for the last 3 miles did not bother you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't stand driving Lafayette everyday and I mostly take back roads there. It never fails leaving town getting behind someone who thinks because they're turning in the next 5 miles, they don't need to get up to the speed limit.

I normally drive 5 mph hour over everywhere but I rarely pass. If someone is at least driving the speed limit, I'll back off a good ways and set my cruise to match. But the jerks that like to throw their boat anchors out and hold up traffic **** me off to no end.

Then you do not need to drive around down here with us........:D

Spend a lot of time in behind the wheel in Indy and surrounding county's. Every area has it's own kind of madness. I dislike Laff. area as well. In Indy I can flow right through with only 2 or 4 attempts on my life in a given day.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point

I live in NWI and we don't really have any traffic here. There alot of people that shouldn't be driving but the roads are not over crowded at all.

Traffic in Chicago area is worse but still not anything compared to what I use to deal with in NY.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I live in NWI and we don't really have any traffic here. There alot of people that shouldn't be driving but the roads are not over crowded at all.

Traffic in Chicago area is worse but still not anything compared to what I use to deal with in NY.

Really? I used to live near 30 and 41, and there is more traffic any time of day than I have to deal with in Indianapolis.

Shoot, I leave Indy at 5ish pm (east), get to the 30 exit from 65 at 6:30pm (central), and have to deal with congestion the whole time I'm on 30. My parents still live in NWI.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Really? I used to live near 30 and 41, and there is more traffic any time of day than I have to deal with in Indianapolis.

Shoot, I leave Indy at 5ish pm (east), get to the 30 exit from 65 at 6:30pm (central), and have to deal with congestion the whole time I'm on 30. My parents still live in NWI.

I am right in that area, I am not saying there is no congestion but compared what I am use to back east this is nothing. Alot of drivers that don't know what the hell they are doing make it worse but the congestion is not that bad.

When I lived in Long Island all the major roads would be giant parking lots during rush hour. If you think the traffic is bad around here you would probally have a nervous breakdown sitting in rush hour out there.

Top Bottom