• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Are you a car knocker???? My dad and granddad were carmen for K&I, later Southern, and finally Norfolk Southern......

We have a little farm in Perry County where I hunt, shoot, sip bourbon, and pee off the porch....We can only get two channels...They are Indiana PBS channels instead of my normal PBS Kentucky KET channels....

I realized how bad Indiana's PBS stations are...I mean terrible (compared to KET).....Sunday morning both CREATE and WNIN were showing infomercials for retirement......

I had always heard KET is considered among the top PBS affiliates in the nation and I believe it to be so....
    Yep a carknocker for NS over in Burns Harbor.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My truck beeps at me to put on my seat belt.
    Microwave reminded me to clean the vent filter. I don't think I ever used the vent filter.
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I drank too much Coca-Cola today, ate fried chicken with verde salsa- got heartburn now an can't find any antacids. Now trying to decide if I should go get some or not.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I drank too much Coca-Cola today, ate fried chicken with verde salsa- got heartburn now an can't find any antacids. Now trying to decide if I should go get some or not.

On the chance that you didn't get anything and you're still up, you can use the third-world antacid concoction of a teaspoon of baking soda mixed into a small glass of water, the colder the better to kill the taste.

Of course, that's assuming you have baking soda.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    On the chance that you didn't get anything and you're still up, you can use the third-world antacid concoction of a teaspoon of baking soda mixed into a small glass of water, the colder the better to kill the taste.

Point of advice... Don't use the baking soda you may have in your fridge to absorb odors unless you wish to convert said odors to flavors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With all the packaged foods and mixes available today, who has baking soda in their cupboards?

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

Thank you Snap! I got this abit late though, after I went and got some...lol

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My microwave is out, so my wife has to heat everything up on the electric range or pellet stove. My desk chair gas cylinder is going out. My favorite coffee stop was out of disposable cup lids, so I had to use the insulated cup I keep in my car for such occasions. Now I have to wash it in the work sink which takes forever from which to get hot water.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The lowest intermittent setting on my windshield wipers is still about 20% too fast for a light mist.
    I have to suffer between having it wipe a little too fast for the light amount of water and making noise
    or leaving the wipers off and flipping the switch off and on every little bit. Frustrating.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    The lowest intermittent setting on my windshield wipers is still about 20% too fast for a light mist.
    I have to suffer between having it wipe a little too fast for the light amount of water and making noise
    or leaving the wipers off and flipping the switch off and on every little bit. Frustrating.

Had this very same pain this evening driving home from work. Glad to know there are others. Perhaps organizing some type of support group??

Top Bottom