• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Angled slide serrations, forward slide serrations, rails, skeletal hammers, long beavertails, neon sights, lowered and flared and lovingly stroked ejection ports, chrome finishes, vibrators and tailfins... forget all that crap.

Give me a nice milspec 1911A1 and I'll be happy.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've enjoyed every 1911 that I've ever had the opportunity to shoot...including the Colt 1991A1 Officer's Model that I owned for several years! However, my favorite .45acp (me being a revolver guy) is the S&W 625! A great shooter!

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Nothing can compare to my 1951 Colt commercial bullseye gun. Totally reliable and competitively accurate for any target discipline. It has been a great confidence builder for many years. ......John

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I have two 1911's...

One is a full sized, hardchromed beauty by Dave Lauck of D&L Sports, Gillette, WY. Frame and slide are Caspian, Bar-sto barrel, Wilson parts. The bloody thing shoots a whole lot better than I do.

The second is a Colt Officer's Model, again by Dave Lauck. Hardchromed also, basically has stock parts and barrel, with a heavy barrel bushing, Novak sights, etc. Nice.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Here are some of my .45's :D

DSC04283.jpg

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Sig 220 Carry in Double Action Only. My 1911 could never hold a candle to my Sig, although it isn't a fair comparison considering the 1911 is a Government model brought home from WWII by my grandfather.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Currently, my favorite 45 is my CZ97B. It's big, heavy and really accurate. Accurate enough to make me look better than I have any right to look. I also like the 10+1 capacity. Next would be my RIA Compact. After that, It's a bit of a toss up between a couple of Kimbers, a Springfield full size and a Bersa 45UC.

The Kimbers are nicer guns than the Rock, but I just love the Rock for some reason. If the Kimbers were a sports car, the Rock would be a pickup truck. Nothing fancy, but completely utilitarian. Then there's the Bersa. It's a fun gun to shoot, it's reasonably accurate and it carries well. I've never had a single issue when shooting it.

Top Bottom