• ...and so much more!
  • Shouls I tell about my Firearms?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only been using INGO for a couple of months but I love all the posts on here and have learned quite a bit about the different aspects of gun ownership. My main question is that this being a public forum and anyone with an internet connection can peruse all these posts, IS IT A GOOD THING FOR FOLKS TO POST AN INVENTORY OF THEIR ORDNANCE IN SUCH A PUBLIC PLACE?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Is it a GOOD idea? I don't think it is. But it's pretty common on here, so I guess it depends on the individual. It could be completely harmless, but I prefer not to do it.

joshrio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you asking this because you feel that you are opening yourself up to robbery? Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal unless you divulge where you live. I'd also say a lot of people on here have safes or have their firearms locked up so that'd be a pretty big deterrent. Furthermore, a person would probably be a serious contender for a Darwin award if they tried to lift anything from my home and I have a feeling a lot of people here would agree.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I may post about specific guns I own from time to time and someone diligent could probably put together a partial list, but they won't know how many of those I still own, and how many more I may own that I don't ever post about. I also have a PILE of burnt and rusted gun corpses from my house fire three years ago. Keeping those around since ya never know when they might come in useful...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    some people are comfortable doing it others aren't. to each his own. i make some comments about some things i may have, but i would never give a detailed list of everything.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The poll question asks if it's OK to tell about your ordinance, which I think it is. It cuts down on people saying: "um... so a friend has a problem with his Kahr and [strike]I[/strike] er... they can't figure it out." The question as asked in the OP about posting an inventory is a completely different animal. I would not choose to put up a detailed list of everything I own in one place without a really good reason for doing so.

tl;dr version:
    -it's ok to post about specific pieces of your collection
    -I would not choose to post a list of everything I own just for the lulz

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I would say it is ok to show your close friends your new find, but besides my wife there is only one other person who knows all I have. My Brother and he is the executor to my will....

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wish I could say, "I don't post my inventory because there is not enough room on this thread"!:) I'm not that fortunate. I voted "no" because I am more private about this information.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Inventory

If you are posting on this site its a good bet you have guns. If someone wants to take the time and do the detective work they can probably put names and adresses with some of these handles. On the other hand I can also go find a higway to play right out in the middle of as an easy way to put my life at risk rather than trying to rob a bunch of gun owners.

BUCK HINKLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    greenfield
    I think a total list of firearms on this page would be a bad idea,I also thinke the server might not handle it to well. This group seems to have HOLE LOT of guns.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't worry about the bad guys. It is big brother that dosen't have a need to know.

That is just about how I feel. I'm more concerned about big brother than bad guys gleaning information from the forum.

*By the way if any members of Congress are reading this, you are doing a poor job at best and should be fired.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I dont see a reason to post everything I have online. But I would be more concerned with a BG seeing an NRA sticker or something similar on my vehicle. Hunting down all my firearms on the internet would be hard work. Following me home to find out where I live or just seeing it in my driveway can be accomplished by the dumbest of criminals.

Top Bottom