• Shouls I tell about my Firearms?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    One must understand his enemy to defeat him, if you think BGs (badguys) don't use the internet you are mistaken, keep details off the world wide web!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually I "believe" we had a member leave INGO due to this very reason.

Posting about his firearms and he was being stalked in the real world due to it. :twocents:

That was the story I got anyhow.

"Oh hai uninvited guest...... :ar15:"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I would say just the basics, as if it were in face to face conversation. I don't show my trump cards until SHTF and by then, you better be on my side. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Part of it.

Part of gun ownership is having a plan to keep your gun(s) from falling into the hands of criminals. Hoping you'll be home when they come calling isn't enough. Guns that you use for self defense should be where you are. Anything else that you aren't using right at that moment needs to be locked up. No safe is foolproof, given time they can be broken open or even carried off. Safes should be bolted down, the room the safe is in should be locked and if possible alarmed. Defend in layers, slow the thieves down as much as possible. I'd rather they get my big T.V. than a .22 rifle worth $40.

LEADCASTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    I've only been using INGO for a couple of months but I love all the posts on here and have learned quite a bit about the different aspects of gun ownership. My main question is that this being a public forum and anyone with an internet connection can peruse all these posts, IS IT A GOOD THING FOR FOLKS TO POST AN INVENTORY OF THEIR ORDNANCE IN SUCH A PUBLIC PLACE?

I don't think it is a good idea. One day someone might make who you are and where you live and would come and "borrow" your toys. Even going to the gun range, I meet a lot of fellow gunowners and I don't even tell what street I live, just the town. Even with my neighbors, I keep it a secret about my firearms and what I do on the weekends. One of the best security measures one can use is secrecy, secrecy is to me one of the best security besides my home alarm and safe.

I even keep secret about where I go "lead farming" and even those owners of "lead farms" knows that I use the lead to make "fishing weights".:D

Top Bottom